Home

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) - WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on All Elite Wrestling (AEW) - WWE 2K19 Universe Mode within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #49
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: All Elite Wrestling (AEW) - WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

AEW July Week 4 & Tag Contenders Tournament Week 2 Preview
by Paul Marshall

In the main event of the next edition of Thursday Night AEW, Walter will defend his IC Championship against Kongo Kong.

Okada will be in action as he goes one on one with a man he's been dealing with in the world title picture for over a month now, Austin Aries

Brian Cage will take on Big Nasty Dave Mastiff as both men continue to gun for the IC Championship.

Chavo Guerrero will make his in ring debut against TJ Perkins. This comes after he cost Perkins his match against PJ Black last week.

All that and more as AEW comes to you live on Thursday night. As we all know however, the action no longer ends there as immediately after the show, AEW will stream live on Facebook for the Tag Contenders Tourney.

We will see the end of round one as Pentagon and Fenix will take on the debuting team of The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas). Also, former tag team champions Sabre & Sabin will take on The Golden Lovers.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:33 PM   #50
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

July Week 4

The final week of a historic July, AEW comes to you with a somewhat unique card that will see a massive main event for the IC Title as champion Walter attempts his first defense unless the unlikely but dangerous challenger, Kongo Kong

The show begins with a black SUV pulling up. A driver steps out, walks over and opens the back door. Out steps Chris Jericho with a huge smirk on his face. The crowd reacts in a mixture of cheers and boos (but mostly cheers) as Jericho walks off camera.

---

Match #1 - Dave Mastiff vs. Brian Cage

Two worthy competitors in the IC title division trying to string some wins together, and it makes for a hell of a battle. Mastiff bring his hard hitting aggressive style, while Cage is able to do some amazing cruiserweight style moves with a bigger opponent like Mastiff.

The match ends with Mastiff escaping a hold from Cage by raking his eyes, then hitting a huge running crossbody to pick up the victory.

Dave Mastiff wins by pinfall

---

Match #2 - Okada vs. Austin Aries

No love lost between these two men after their triple threat world title match at Heatwave. This is a straight up brawl from start to finish. Both men give it their all in what ends up being one of the better matches in AEW in recent memory. The end comes when a frustrated Okada escapes the Last Chancery. Both men now stood up, Okada turns Aries around with a thunderous slap, then hits a german suplex followed by a Rainmaker that nearly turns Aries inside out. Okada gets the victory.

Okada wins by pinfall

This is an even more aggressive Okada than we're used to seeing. He wants that world title back, that much is clear.

---
Quote:
Backstage, Junior Elite Champion PJ Black is delivering a promo to the camera. By his side is Chavo Guerrero.

Black: I have some unfortunate news for everyone. After talking to a doctor, it turns out I'm not cleared to compete tonight due to an elbow injury I've been dealing with. In my place though will be this man.

Black turns to Chavo

Chavo: That's right, and TJ Perkins, don't take this as a day off. Because like I said, PJ Black embodies the spirit of Eddie Guerrero, I have his blood in me. You're about to find out exactly what Guerrero means.
---

Match #3 - Chavo Guerrero (w/ PJ Black) vs. TJ Perkins

The match begins with some chain wrestling where Guerrero shows he can still go, but once Perkins gets going Chavo is not equipped to stop him. Perkins hits some cool combos before finally hitting the Detonation Kick and winning it.

Perkins wins by pinfall

Chavo rolls out of the ring and Black supports him as they walks to the Black. Big win for Perkins as he continues to build momentum with the Junior Elite Championship in his sight.

---

Quote:
In the locker room, Cody is talking to Next Gen Unrivaled, who are still incensed after being cost their first round tourney match by The Young Bucks.

Cody: Guys guys guys, I brought you in to Bullet Club because I know what you're capable of. You're a hell of a tag team.

Finlay: How do ya suppose we do our thing as a tag team when our own teammates are costing us matches?

Cody: That's not what Bullet Club is about... that's why I told Nick and Matt not to come to the arena tonight. I want you guys out there with me for my match tonight. I told you when you got here that we would win matches and that's exactly what we've been doing.

Hall: So we're just supposed to keep teaming with those sons of b*tches?

Cody: Things are messy right now, but we're gonna figure this out. Bullet Club is changing wrestling!

Cody holds up the 2-sweet and after a few seconds of hesitation. Hall and Finlay throw it up as well. They walk out of the locker room for Cody's match.
---

Match #4 - Cody (w/ Hall & Finlay vs. Johnny Elite)

Elite starts the match off hot and is in firm control until Cody drops him with a big knee to the the gut that takes all the air out of him. Cody stays on the attack with multiple chin locks and holds designed to keep Elite gasping for air.

Elite starts to mount a bit of a comeback, when all of the sudden two men run in from the crowd and attack Hall and Finlay on the outside. The ref rings the bell.

NO CONTEST

It's The Young Bucks! Double superkick drops Finlay on the outside! Both men turn their attention to Cody Hall, double superkick!

Cody is freaking out in the ring screaming at The Bucks to stop. The Bucks walk off as the crowd gives them a standing ovation.

---

Match #5 - PCO vs. Eli Drake

A rather short match. PCO brings his usual hard hitting aggressive style until Drake cuts him off. Drake gloats and prances around the ring as he beats down the veteran, when all of the sudden PCO catches Drake in a rollup pin and wins it.

PCO wins by pinfall

Drake is shocked! He argues with the ref over the speed of the count as the show goes to commercial. PCO with his first win in AEW.

---

B]Match #6 - Intercontinental Championship - Walter © vs. Kongo Kong[/b]

This is one of those matches that ends up being way better than it has any right to be. It's a classic hoss battle with the added twist of the deceptive athleticism of Kongo Kong. Both men beat the absolute hell out of each other with a ton of stiff strikes. Kong hits runs the apron and jumps off taking out Walter on the outside. At this point the crowd is 100% into this one.

It's an amazing showing for Kong as he kicks out of not one, but two power bombs by Walter. Walter also kicks out of a Kong backbreaker that had everyone in the arena thinking they were gonna see a new champion.

It's the third power bomb however that puts away Kong for good and finally ends the match.

Walter wins by pinfall

Walter celebrates in the ring as Kong walks off, his facepaint worn from a hell of a battle. Nothing to be ashamed of tonight for Kongo Kong.

Spoiler

The show goes to commercial break.

---

The show gets back on the air when Chris Jerichos music hits. The crowd pops initially, but no one comes out. The music dies out, still no Jericho.

The music starts up again, but once again a few more seconds pass by with no Jericho. The crowd is now fully booing as they feel robbed of a Jericho appearance. The show ends in one of the coldest endings to an AEW show in history.

Still, this crowd has more coming to them tonight as round one of the Tag Contenders Tourney will continue right now on Facebook Live. The question is, where is Chris Jericho?

Old 03-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #51
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

TAG CONTENDERS TOURNAMENT
WEEK 2 OF 4

*wrote up half of this then accidentally lost it, so I'm gonna do quick results*

Warm up match - PAC vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Kid Lykos

A match between one half of the two semi final teams and one half of the tag champs. In the end PAC hits the Black Arrow on Edwards and wins it.

PAC wins by pinfall

---

Round 1 Tourney Match - The Bouncers vs. The Lucha Brothers

A match that see the super heavyweight team mostly dominate the cruiserweight tag team. Even the world champion struggles early on against BCB and Milonas, but eventually when Fenix is about to hit a dive from the top on BCB, someone runs in and strikes The Bruiser, causing a DQ.

The Bouncers win by DQ

Chris Jericho! Jericho runs over and knocks Fenix off the top rope sending him crashing all the way to the floor. Jericho leaves through the crowd before Pentagon can get up and retaliate.

---

Round 1 Tourney Match - Sabre & Sabin vs. The Golden Lovers

A PPV main event level tag match that sees both teams going back and forth. Multiple finishers are hit and it seems to be close to ending on multiple occasions. In the end Ibushi hits a running powebomb on Sabre Jr. and gets the win.

The Golden Lovers win by pinfall

With that the Golden Lovers advance to round 2 where they'll face CCK. Round 2 will take place next week.

Spoiler

Last edited by SmooveMove; 03-14-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #52
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I think match #2 is supposed to be Lucha Brothers or something. I was really confused when it said Golden Lovers and then Fenix showed up in the write up.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 03-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #53
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I think match #2 is supposed to be Lucha Brothers or something. I was really confused when it said Golden Lovers and then Fenix showed up in the write up.
Yeah you're right. I typed it up real quick after finding I accidentally deleted the full version. Also noticed I sometimes refer to "The Golden Lovers" as "The Golden Brothers" which is what they're listed as in the bracket. That's also a mistake.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #54
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

AEW August Week 1 & Tag Contenders Tournament Semi-Finals
by Paul Marshall

The current main event being advertised for AEW Thursday Night is Okada vs. Fenix in one on one competition. This will be their second matchup in AEW.

Chris Jericho is confirmed to be in attendance and will appear on screen to address his actions last week, where he cost Pentagon & Fenix their round one match in the tag tourney.

Brian Cage will take on Dave Mastiff in a rematch after Mastiff raked the eyes and pulled off an underhanded win.

As the antics of Junior Elite Champion PJ Black and his new manager Chavo Guerrero continue, the roster seems to be growing more and more impatient. This week it will be Johnny Elite taking a shot at slowing down the champion.

Cody has announced that he will be hosting a "State of the Bullet Club" address after the in house turmoil between The Young Bucks and Next Gen Unrivaled reached a boiling point at the Tag Contenders Tourney and at AEW last week. All 5 members of Bullet Club will be in the ring for this address.

---

As for the tag contenders tourney, we're now in the semi finals stage. The Golden Lovers will be taking on the underdog team of CCK. Also in semi finals action are the team of Beer City Bruiser and Brian Milonas as the over quarter ton duo looks to knock off the unlikely - but successful tandem of PAC and Jay Lethal.

The winners of those two matches will be facing off in the finals next week.

Last edited by SmooveMove; 03-17-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #55
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Man I love how simple your universe is this year. It’s so easy to follow and keep track of. also love the little previews of the weekly shows.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #56
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Man I love how simple your universe is this year. It’s so easy to follow and keep track of. also love the little previews of the weekly shows.
I figure it's a good way to convey the storylines and character progressions that are going on without making each show too long to type.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »