Home

The Story of Turner Michaels (MXGP)

This is a discussion on The Story of Turner Michaels (MXGP) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Story of Turner Michaels (MXGP)

Red Bull Energises Itself in Argentina
Jonass and Prado-Garcia dominate for Red Bull KTM

ARG - Suzukis Jeremy Seewer looked set to improve on his 3rd place finish from the last race as he topped Time Qualifying in Patagonia, Argentina. Unfortunately his ongoing battle with Turner Michaels saw him slip out of the podium chase as the pair clashed frequently through both races.

With that battle hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons, the real highlight saw the duel between the Red Bull KTM Factory riders come to the fore as Jonass and Prado shared the spoils, reversing a 1-2 finish to come away from Argentina firmly in control of the MX2 series.

Kjer-Olsen, who had won in Indonesia would fail to hit the podium in either race and although he did enough to remain in 2nd place in the overall standings, Pauls Jonass now had a 14 point lead over his Championship rival.

From the Pits:
"I think we deserved this result from our efforts across the weekend. We had a little luck with Pauls (Jonass) falling early, but thats part of racing and we made the most of it" GP Winner; Thomas Kjer-Olsen

"The problem with Jeremy (Seewer) is that he didnt like the fact I was able to get past him before the holeshot. From there he had it in his head to take me out of the race. In the end neither of us benefited from this battle, but if thats how he wants to ride, ill be there waiting for him every time Turner Michaels; DanskeYamaha

Argentina GP Results

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-10-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #10
Pro

Current Standings (as of Round 3):

Old 03-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #11
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

This is really good. Good luck in picking up the pace. I''ll be following.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #12
Pro

Michaels Makes Moves in Mexico
Garcia tops for Red Bull but its Michaels who impresses

MEX - American Turner Michaels finally made his mark in the FIM World MX Series as he came close to a podium in Mexico, rolling in 4th and then 7th as he impressed following a tricky start to life.

Red Bull would once again dominate the GP as Prado-Garcia would win Race 1 and the overall GP, whilst Husqvarnas Kjer-Olsen took Race 2 as he continued his push at the top of the standings.

The surprise of the GP would be the collapse of Pauls Jonass as he slumped to a pair of miserable race efforts, falling multiple times and eventually limping around to collect a meagre 7 points.

The outcome from an entertaining weekend in Mexico would be a major change in the Championship standings, with Prado-Garcia taking charge, Pauls Jonass slumping to 4th and American Tyler Covington making his mark.

From the Pits:
"It was a GP to forget for me personally. Everything went away from me, in the end it got to me mentally and I hit a hole that I found it hard to recover from" Pauls Jonass (Red Bull KTM)

"I felt more at home here, the track was a bit more familiar to me, a bit quicker and allowed me to get on the throttle quicker. Overall the team has worked hard to push this bike to its limit, so its down to me to ride it on the edge as much as I can Turner Michaels; DanskeYamaha

Mexico GP Results

Last edited by bestbrother; 03-17-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #13
Pro

Covington Stars in Italy
Mixed emotions for Americans in Trentino

ITA - With the series making its first entrance in the European scene in Trentino, Italy, it would be a pair of Americans who made all the headlines for polar opposite reasons.

On a positive note, Tyler Covington would top Time Qualifying, before winning both GPs at the scenic track, claiming a huge win in Italy as he cemented his place in the Championship race with a dominant display.

The flip-side to that would be a huge crash caused by a raucous battle between Turner Michaels and Thomas Kjer-Olsen which left both riders coming off in a heavy pile up in Race 2. Michaels who has already aggravated Swiss rider Jeremy Seewer with his aggressive style, put a move on Olsen, onl to see it backfire over the bumps to leave both men taking a dramatic fall.

Above: Michaels and Olsen go down hard in the 'Battle of Trentino'

Back to racing and Pauls Jonass got back to form with podium finishes in both races, but he still trails Prado-Garcia in the overall standings as the top 4 riders are separated by just 17 points after 5 events!

From the Pits:
"American riders have never faired as well as they should in this series. I am lucky to have a team believe that I can succeed where many of my compatriots have failed. The bike is very competitive and its down to me to do the business over the weekend to make that count" GP Winner, Tyler Covington

"It was big, it shouldnt have happened and we have had words since the incident. Im sure Turner knows that he was in the wrong, but at times you take it as a racing incident and we have to move on. Its cost us points in the Championship, but there are plenty of GPs ahead to turn that around Thomas Kjer-Olsen, speaking after his crash with Turner Michaels

Italy GP Results
Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
This is really good. Good luck in picking up the pace. I''ll be following.
Thanks for following mate, appreciate you taking a look.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #15
Pro

Muddy Hell!
Pauls Jonass tops out at rain soaked Netherlands GP

/Images missing/

NED - Spaniard Jorge Garcia made up for a disastrous opening race by winning the 2nd GP and just about maintaining his lead at the top of the MX2 Standings.

Jonass raced his way to both a win in the opener and overall GP, just ahead of Thomas Covington as both men kept the pressure up on Garcia in the hunt for the Championship.

/Images missing/

Outside of that Belgian Julien Lieber would claim a spot on the podium coming in 3rd on his KTM, whilst Italian Michelle Cervellin continued to impress in his late entrance to the Championship with another 4th place on the sole Honda in the field.

At the back of the field, Turner Michaels showed his rash side, coming in dead last in both races as he failed to get to grips with the muddy conditions as he consistently unseated himself.

From the Pits:
"Its good to be back in the hunt. We needed a better result in race 2, but its good to claim the GP here in tricky conditions and keep on pressuring the riders above me" GP Winner; Pauls Jonass

"There is alot more to come from me and this team. We have flirted with race wins and to get back on the podium is important for our confidence and motivation going forward KTM's Julien Lieber after a dramatic 3rd place finish in race 2

Netherlands GP Results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #16
Pro

Current Standings (as of Round 6):

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »