Home

The Next Generation | A WWE 2K Universe

This is a discussion on The Next Generation | A WWE 2K Universe within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Next Generation | A WWE 2K Universe

I really like the off-season concept of your universe and the format. Can’t wait for shows to start up.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 03-17-2019, 01:57 PM   #18
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Looks sick. Are we picking up in May?
Old 03-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #19
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I really like the off-season concept of your universe and the format. Can’t wait for shows to start up.
Thanks man appreciate the positive feedback! Either can I hope and hope you all like the format of the off-season shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Looks sick. Are we picking up in May?
Thanks as always man! We will be starting off at the pay-per-view in May, with the off-season having a more simplistic approach. The aim of this is with the NBA, or even the AFL in my home country, not much attention is on the off-season / pre-season and everyone is focused on the new season ahead, therefore the off-season takes a back seat in a way.

Once again, thank you to everyone for reading and following, it really keeps me going and motivated. I've noticed if I split up my playing sessions I really get more out of this game, switching between this, playing my career on FIFA and racing on F1 2018, which doesn't make me tired of any game. The CWC should be up in a few hours!!
Old 03-17-2019, 11:13 PM   #20
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

The Preview: WWE Cruiserweight Classic

By Benjamin A. Richardson

Sunday April 29, 2018

With the first four weeks of programming concluding, we head into our first pay-per-view of the off-season with 205 Live's Cruiserweight Classic. The match card has been announced, so it is my pleasure to set you up with all of the information from the weekly events as well as give you an insight on all six match-ups.

1) TJP vs Sin Cara

A match that was unexpected to be seen on the card was the opener right here. Both men had no previous matches but on last Thursday's 205 Live, the pair were matched up in some friendly singles competition. Before the match could begin Sin Cara was attacked from behind by TJP, who stated his actions were because he was sick and tired of the games and would stop at nothing to hurt him, leading to a match at the CWC as an opportunity for Sin Cara to get one back or TJP to finish what he started.

2) Oney Lorcan vs Ariya Daivari

Lorcan was given a hard time by numerous 205 Live signees for the fact he was given a pass to wrestle on both brands, but the brunt of it came from Ariya Daivari. He told Lorcan he would stop at nothing to prove everyone in the WWE wrong, even if it was at Oney's expense.

3) Gentleman Jack Gallagher vs Noam Dar

In what was almost a double turn, former loveable babyface Gallagher turned his back on the crowd and his nice guy antics, becoming a major issue in the locker room. Dar has had enough and said he is fighting for the rights of everyone in the back.

4) Gran Metalik w/ Kalisto vs Lince Dorado

All three members of Lucha House Party have been quite hostile in the last few weeks, especially Dorado. Having an issue that Kalisto seems to have Metalik's back more than his own, he decided to set up this friendly one on one at the PPV, to prove who is better.

5) Tyler Bate vs Chad Gable

With the number one contender being announced last Thursday, Bate and Gable both stated they were destined for bigger things. They agreed what better a way to prove themselves as the face of 205 Live than tear the house down at the CWC, booking another friendly match in the process.

6) Cedric Alexander (c) vs Mustafa Ali for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

The final match of the card is the most special, being the first ever championship match of the off-season. Ali was announced as the number one contender on Thursday and Alexander told the press he was looking forward to the match, having a high amount of mutual respect for his challenger, as well as wanting the best opponents to create the biggest matches with.

With only a few hours until the show gets underway, I can feel the excitement not only here but nationwide as we finally kick into gear here at the WWE. Good luck to all competitors at the event tonight and I look forward to watching the event before covering the next months' storylines and I'll see you then.

All of the weekly shows from April are now available to rewatch on the WWE Network and tune in later on the Network or ESPN to catch the first PPV of the season, the Cruiserweight Classic, live.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #21
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

ESPN Logo.jpg

Live from Full Sail University (Winter Park, Florida), 205 Live Presents: The Cruiserweight Classic

CWC Logo.jpg

After what feels like an eternity, the four week wait is over! After news broke about the WWE's new concept everyone was raring to go in and out of the company, as fans were on the edge of their seat for the first pay-per-view of the "off-season" months, which would be hosted by 205 Live. Here we are in Winter Park, Florida, live on the WWE Network and ESPN about to get this show underway. So let's head over to our announce team, Mauro Ranallo, Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness to call all of the action.

-----

Match 1: TJP vs Sin Cara

A very back and forth match between both high flyers, as when the pace really starts to pick up and Sin Cara gains an advantage, the action spills to the outside. Sin Cara then proceeds to the top rope to land a huge diving splash on TJP before getting back into the ring before the 10 count.

Sin Cara wins via count out (9:33)

After the match Sin Cara celebrates his win with the fans, who were supporting him throughout the match, as TJP headed back up the ramp to an array of boo's from the crowd, looking obviously embarrassed from his count out loss.

-----

Match 2: Oney Lorcan vs Ariya Daivari

Daivari never had a chance in this one with the match playing towards Lorcan's strengths throughout, before finishing it off quickly with his second Half and Half suplex.

Oney Lorcan wins via pinfall (4:58)

-----

Match 3: Gentleman Jack Gallagher vs Noam Dar

This match began brutally in what looked like a legitimate fight, with Gallagher getting ahead early trying all of the illegal tactics he could. Dar had enough though, hitting Gallagher with a low blow that the ref missed and it was all over for the gentleman.

Noam Dar wins via pinfall (3:42)

-----

Match 4: Gran Metalik w/ Kalisto vs Lince Dorado

Although Kalisto was ringside for this he chose to keep his distance from the action just watching his two partners go at it. Both men had smiles on their faces and shook hands as the match began but after that it was all high flying competition as both luchadors pulled off some of the most amazing moves of the night. Dorado began to get the upper hand towards the end before finishing off with two of his biggest moves, the Avalanche Spanish Fly and a Shooting Star Press.

Lince Dorado wins via pinfall (5:15)

-----

Match 5: Tyler Bate vs Chad Gable

In the longest and probably best match of the night, this was a battle between two pure wrestlers. There were huge power moves left, right and centre from both men, as well as many big spots in the match. Bate looked to have it won after executing his Tyler Driver '97, but could only get a two count. Gable worked his way back and began to make the match more technical before ending it after a Chaos Theory.

Chad Gable wins via pinfall (14:38 / Match of the Night)

-----

Main Event: Cedric Alexander (c) vs Mustafa Ali for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Alexander looked to play this match to his strengths, running with a very fast paced, hard hitting style. Ali took a while to adjust and by the time he had adjusted it was nearly over being hit with a Lumbar Check. Ali sped it up though as he caught the champion off guard, eventually connecting with an Avalanche Spanish Fly to set up the 054, which would end the match.

Mustafa Ali wins the WWE Cruiserweight Championship via pinfall (9:00)

What a way to end the night as Alexander goes to the ref and asks for the title, before shaking hands with Ali and handing over the title and raising the new champs arm, showing a huge sign of respect. Ali gives his opponent with a hug before he leaves the ring and we end the show with the new Cruiserweight Champion standing tall with a huge smile on his face.

-----

Quick Results:

1) Sin Cara defeated TJP via count out (9:33)
2) Oney Lorcan defeated Ariya Daivari via pinfall (4:58)
3) Noam Dar defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher via pinfall (3:42)
4) Lince Dorado defeated Gran Metalik w/ Kalisto via pinfall (5:15)
5) Chad Gable defeated Tyler Bate via pinfall (14:38 / MOTN)
6) Mustafa Ali defeated Cedric Alexander (c) via pinfall for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship (9:00)

-----

The wait was over and to be honest, it was worth it. One of the B rated shows for WWE pulled off an amazing start to the new programming and set the bar high for NXT UK next month, as well as now giving everyone in the WWE Universe high hopes for the future of their beloved product. We will see you this time next month at NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool!

Be sure to keep updated with the next month full of weekly WWE action from both NXT UK and 205 Live on the WWE Network, before we catch you again here on ESPN and the Network for NXT UK's PPV, TakeOver: Blackpool. Stay tuned for the preview of that event, by What Culture.

Last edited by asvpxhughuet; 03-18-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #22
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Love the format, really easy to read. I might have to rip that off a bit if you don’t mind.

Really solid show, and a big night for the babyfaces. I like this Noam Dar face with an edge character he seems to be starting up with, at least that’s how it seems based on his actions so far. Gable winning is a great move. Also a fan of that friendly LHP match, even if it leads nowhere. Stuff like that should happen more in wrestling imo.

Ali as champion is a no brainer. That’s one of my favorite guys on the roster.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #23
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Love the format, really easy to read. I might have to rip that off a bit if you don’t mind.

Really solid show, and a big night for the babyfaces. I like this Noam Dar face with an edge character he seems to be starting up with, at least that’s how it seems based on his actions so far. Gable winning is a great move. Also a fan of that friendly LHP match, even if it leads nowhere. Stuff like that should happen more in wrestling imo.

Ali as champion is a no brainer. That’s one of my favorite guys on the roster.

Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it. The format is a big must for me as it's not only easy on the eyes for the readers but it is quite simple to put together and I plan on using it for the off-season and weekly shows, before the main PPV's having a more in-depth, bigger write up. To be honest though, a lot of the inspiration for the posting style was from you, as when I was writing the event up I had your 2K15 universe in one tab and your 2K19 in the other, just trying to get a mix of those two plus my own likes in the layout, so as far as using it, go for it!

Definitely a huge night for the faces, not a single heel getting a win and in a way that's how I see the cruiserweight division, with the faces being really loveable, reminding me of my youth when those guys were Rey Mysterio and The Hurricane. Dar is definitely one of my favourite wrestlers on the 205 Live brand right now and after watching him hit Gallagher with the low blow I thought it would be great for him to be seen as more of an aggressive face. Gable and Bate was the best match by far, both men got their fair share of momentum from that. I have to agree with with you about the LHP match also, it good to see matchups that won't necessarily turn into a feud but still produce a good show.

Ali is great and I nearly picked him up to wrestle in the main season but just didn't have enough room, the matches between him and Alexander I believe will always be classics in the game.

Anyways, thanks for your comments on the show man, glad you enjoyed it and nice to see some positive feedback. Really enjoying your AEW universe at the moment too, so thanks for taking the time to check the PPV out and give your opinion. Getting through the universe really quick so planning on getting on NXT UK's TakeOver up soon enough!
Old 03-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #24
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Great start to you universe.

Like Smoove said, great formatting. Only thing I would suggest is put the winners in spoiler tags.

Can’t wait to see where this goes.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »