Home

Fulham FC: Scott Parker Years

This is a discussion on Fulham FC: Scott Parker Years within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

jdb44's Arena

OVR: 0
Fulham FC: Scott Parker Years

Hello all, like usual I'm arriving to FIFA a little late. Hopefully after all the bugs are removed! I'm planning on a different career this year, one where I'm thinking long-term instead of a win now approach.

My ultimate goal is to have Fulham competing for top 6 in 7 years. Sounds easy, right? But to make it harder, I'll be simulating games and playing others. I like to sim some matches to see if the squad I'm building is good and not just me as a FIFA player.

I try to be as realistic as possible with the squad. Staying away from crazy transfers and using the academy when possible. I play 10 min halfs and on default Ultimate.

Since I want this advancing at a good rate, I will be providing match results on a monthly basis and mixing in other updates along the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

jdb44's Arena

Re: Fulham FC: Scott Parker Years

Old 01-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

jdb44's Arena

Old 01-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
Rookie

jdb44's Arena

Inherited squad for the 2019 season.

The obvious signs are the imbalance in numbers, midfield is very full while the LB and ST positions need upgrading. The good news is that our squad is relatively young but the bad news is our average rating is just under 70..

Starting lineup and formation to begin the year. Playing with a high line, possession based attack and pressing when losing the ball. I like to have the LB push forward in attack but the RB stay back and the CDM to drop between the CBs for coverage.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #5
Rookie

jdb44's Arena

Talking points of the month

Defensive struggles: The start of the year the LB position looked to be a concern. Turns out the LB is the most secure position at this time with Joe Bryan and Odoi covering it well. The defensive midfield role and the CB pairing are the main concerns with the majority of goals scored coming down the middle.

Position battles The GK and midfielder along Cairney positions are still up for battle. Rodak was given the starting GK job but after allowing 6 goals against Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest he was replaced by Bettinelli who has been fantastic in the league cup.

The second midfielder option has rotated between Onomah, Bobby Reid and Arter. Nobody has been able to secure the position as Fulham still try options.

Faltering Attack Parker has struggled to find a consistent attack that includes Mitrovic. The big striker struggles in counter-attacking play due to his lack of pace but Fulham struggle to maintain possession to build up crossing chances to fit Mitro's style. It is too early to make drastic changes but something to watch for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2020, 12:03 PM   #6
Rookie

jdb44's Arena

Talking points of the month

Carabao Cup exit: Facing Premier League side, Leicester City we put up a good fight coming from two goals down to force penalties. Unfortunately Cairney hit the post with his chance and Knockaert had his shot saved as we fell 4-3 in the shootout.

Bobby Reid Reid has taken over the attack becoming our leading scorer and best threat. In our normal 433 approach, Reid is playing the attacking mid position behind Mitrovic and by the side of Cairney.

Potential squad moves CB Terence Kongolo, LB Antonee Robinson and RB DeAndre Yedlin are being scouted for possibly January moves. We won't purchase all three but we would like to bring in at least a LB or CB. Yedlin is being scouted just in case Sessegnon or Fossey do not develop as expected.

We also have a scout in England and in the USA developing academy players with a few high potential targets we might add soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »