Home

StlDucks career mode

This is a discussion on StlDucks career mode within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #89
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: StlDucks career mode

Tough end to the EPL season, but I'm guessing you were resting a handful of guys. Good luck in the Champions League Final!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 10:09 AM   #90
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
Tough end to the EPL season, but I'm guessing you were resting a handful of guys. Good luck in the Champions League Final!!!
I was playing a mixed squad, I played Kane one game to see if he would get closer to 30 goals but when he didn't score against Leicester I sat him against Man United. The defense was half regular guys and half backups both games.

I didn't mind finishing behind Liverpool but I wanted to stay ahead of Arsenal.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #91
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Champions at last!

Tottenham have finally ended the trophyless drought that has haunted their club since the 1991 FA Cup. Harry Kane scored a brace for Spurs to lead the way and Heung-min Son added the third goal with only minutes remaining to start the celebrations.

Barcelona looked off their game all night. Leo Messi rarely made an impact as he was marked out by Moussa Sissoko and Davison Sanchez, daring Luis Suarez or Mousa Dembele to create chances on their own.

Spurs stuck with their game plan to attack on the counter, giving up 64% of the possession to Barca. The first goal was exactly how Tottenham planned it, a blocked shot on one end that ended with Son breaking down the wing and crossing into Kane who connected the first time to open the scoring.

The second goal was on another break, in the 48th minute Lucas Moura sent in an early cross that connected with Kane's head past the keeper who dove the wrong way. Son's goal was the only one not on a counter-attack. Son dribble at the top of the box to find an opening and hit a low, hard shot into the right corner.

Barcelona tried to force the attack early in the second half but only found a wall of Spurs defenders holding onto a two-goal lead.

The final was nearly the exact opposite of last year when Spurs lost 2-0 to Liverpool. Spurs have more possession and more shot attempts last season but ended up on the wrong score side. This side the stats were flipped and Spurs were the happy ones in the end.

"It is a dream. To play for my boyhood club and to win the biggest trophy in the world. It's all a dream." Kane said after the match collecting his player of the match award. "We have prepared so hard and to see it pay off. It's incredible."

Last edited by stlducks; 08-24-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2020, 02:11 PM   #92
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Chelsea have won the FA Cup final over Leceister City. Frank Lampard will end his second season in charge with a trophy and a spot in the Europa League.

Leeds United have won the Championship Playoff to earn promotion into the Premier League. They will be joining league winners West Brom and runner-up Cardiff City. Norwich, Sheffield United, and Brighton have been relegated.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #93
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0

If only last year's final would have ended like that.

Really enjoying this and looking forward to the next season. COYS!
Old 06-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #94
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
If only last year's final would have ended like that.

Really enjoying this and looking forward to the next season. COYS!
We don't talk about last year's final round here...... Hopefully, my next season is better than Spurs season following their final run.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #95
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Spurs announce backup keeper, Dean Henderson

Tottenham announced the signing of 23-year-old Dean Henderson. The English keeper was on loan at Sheffield United last season from his parent club, Manchester United. Henderson will compete with Paulo Gazzaniga for the backup role behind Hugo Lloris. Lloris is expected to play out this season before deciding to return to Spurs for his final year or moving onto a new club.

Henderson signed a 36,000 pound a week contract after being sold for just over 2 million pounds.

Last edited by stlducks; 08-24-2020 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 11:50 AM   #96
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Defensive squad moves for Spurs

Cameron Carter-Vickers impressed on his season loan at Stoke last season and will be given the opportunity to play on the first team for Spurs. The young American defender can fill in at both center-back positions as well as right-back. Carter-Vickers will be used to backup Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertoghen, and Davison Sanchez.

Owen Wijndal arrives to the Tottenham grounds. The left-back was signed before the window officially opened and has finally arrived to the Enfield training center to meet his new teammates. Wijndal will be the starting left-back with Ben Davies as his backup going into the season.

Last edited by stlducks; 08-24-2020 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »