Home

Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

This is a discussion on Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-04-2020, 07:56 PM   #9
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

August 2000 Results

Muhammad Ali defeats Buster Douglas by Unanimous Decision
Judges: Larry Doggett 98-91, John Keane 99-92, Terry O'Connor 96-92
Ali met some resistance from Douglas as he suffered a cut to his left cheek in the 3rd round and had visible swelling around his right eye by the end of round 7. However, he put Douglas on the mat in that 7th round and that secured what was clearly Ali's fight. Ali did hit the canvas in the 4th but referee Bill Clancy ruled it a slip.

George Godfrey defeats Jameel McCline by Unanimous Decision
Judges: Samuel Condi 98-89, John Keane 98-91, Terry O'Connor 99-89
This fight was loaded with fouls (Godfrey holding; McCline elbows, rabbit punch) and injuries (Godfrey cut left cheek and bloodied nose [twice]; McCline cut right eye) but Godfrey knocked McCline down in the first round and twice in round 5 making the rest of the bout a formality.

Gene Tunney defeats Jerry Quarry by Unanimous Decision
Judges: Larry Doggett 99-90, Samuel Condi 98-91, Terry O'Connor 96-95
By the end of the fight, Quarry had a badly cut left eye which was also swollen and his right eye was nearly swollen shut. This was indicative of how the night went and the crowd waited for Tunney to knock Quarry out or for Referee Bill Clancy to call the fight. An 8th round knockdown by Tunney was as close as that came to happening.

Cleveland Williams defeats George Foreman by TKO at 0:27 of Round 3
In what many are calling the most shocking result in the UBF's brief history, an out-manned Williams delivered a 3rd round hook to Big George's left eye that left Foreman with a large gash. Referee Mark Green had no choice but to call the fight but Foreman's corner was incensed. The cries of "rematch" were heard before the result had even been announced. Quite a debut for Williams.

Joe Frazier defeats James Jeffries by TKO at 2:21 of Round 13
Each fighter displayed their dominance at times. Each fighter fought through injury and warnings from Referee Larry Rozadilla. The Champ was down for a 5 count in the 9th round. The challenger landed 148 punches to the champion's 134 as both delivered the kind of heavy blows you'd expect from two great pugilists battling for the Heavyweight Championship of the World but late in the 13th round Rozadilla stopped the bout after Frazier delivered a powerful left-right-left combination to Jeffries who had been left with shaky legs after an assault by the challenger just seconds earlier.

Note: I'm glad I made the call to schedule this one for 15 rounds. Through 12 rounds it was a split decision to Frazier 116-112, 115-114 and 114-115. I feel better about the TKO.

SEPTEMBER 2000 TOP 10 RANKINGS

Champion: Joe Frazier 2-0-1 (2)

Contenders
1. Bob Fitzsimmons 2-0-0 (1)
2. Cleveland Williams 1-0-0 (1)
3. Lennox Lewis 2-0-0 (1)
4. James Jeffries 1-1-1 (1)*
5. Abe Simon 1-1-0 (0)
6. Denver Ed Martin 0-1-0 (0)
7. George Foreman 2-1-0 (1)
8. Donovan Ruddock 1-0-0 (1)
9. George Godfrey 1-1-0 (0)
10. Gene Tunney 3-0-0 (2)

* denotes former champion

SEPTEMBER 2000 FIGHT CARD

#8 Donovan Ruddock 1-0-0 (1) vs #1 Bob Fitzsimmons 2-0-0 (1)

#30 Tommy Burns 1-1-0 (0) vs #21 Rocky Marciano 1-0-0 (1)

#36 Leon Spinks 1-1-0 (1) vs #22 Henry Cooper 1-1-0 (0)

#26 Al Palzer 0-1-0 (0) vs #25 Luther McCarty 1-1-0 (1)

#33 Bryan Jennings 0-1-0 (0) vs #29 Ossie Ocasio 1-1-0 (0)

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-05-2020 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:45 PM   #10
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

As you may have noticed, August's fight card was top heavy in that most of the fights involved a pair of fighters in the top 10 or top 20 of the rankings.

The result of that is alot of action from the bottom 20 in September. I've only got the main event left to do (Ruddock vs Fitzsimmons) so I'll be posting an update later this evening.

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-05-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:46 PM   #11
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

September 2000 Results

Ossie Ocasio and Bryant Jennings fight to a Split Draw
Judges: 96-95 Jennings, 95-95, 94-96 Ocasio
Ocasio held a sizeable 85-63 advantage in punches landed but neither fighter really did enough to separate from his opponent in the judges' minds. Personally, I agreed with Judge 3 - 96-94 Ocasio.

Luther McCarty defeats Al Palzer by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 97-88, 98-91, 98-90
Even without sending Palzer to the canvas twice (8th and 10th rounds) Luther McCarty likely would have won this fight. McCarty landed 119 punches to Palzer's 57.

Henry Cooper defeats Leon Spinks by KO at 1:29 of Round 3
Cooper was landing more punches and appeared to have a slim lead on the scorecards but no one expected a 3rd round knockout. Spinks went down for 9 count but was allowed to continue earlier in the round but Cooper struck a second time and Spinks was done.

Rocky Marciano defeats Tommy Burns by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 96-94, 99-90, 96-93
Despite a 112-89 deficit in punches landed and Marciano's top flight punching power, Tommy Burns proved that he is a tough man to knock out. Burns did take a knockdown in the 7th round but he answered the call on a 7 count and forged on. In the end, Marciano was the better fighter and the decision was warranted.

Donovan Ruddock defeats Bob Fitzsimmons by TKO at 1:22 of Round 4
Following last month's shocking TKO of George Foreman by Cleveland Williams, UBF fans were treated to another upset in the top 10. Top contender Bob Fitzsimmons, twice passed over for a title shot, was just supposed to use Ruddock as a warm up for what he was hoping would be a shot at Heavyweight World Champion Smokin' Joe Frazier later this year. Instead, Rucddock dropped Fitzsimmons early in the 4th. Fitzsimmons was up quickly, staying down for just a 3 count, but as soon as the fight restarted Ruddock landed a devastating combo and the referee stopped the fight before the beating became regrettable.

OCTOBER 2000 TOP 10 RANKINGS

1. Cleveland Williams 1-0-0 (0)
2. Lennox Lewis 2-0-0 (1)
3. James Jeffries 1-1-1 (1)*
4. Abe Simon 1-1-0 (0)
5. Bob Fitzsimmons 2-1-0 (1)
6. Donovan Ruddock 2-0-0 (2)
7. Denver Ed Martin 0-1-0 (0)
8. George Foreman 2-1-0 (1)
9. George Godfrey 1-1-0 (0)
10. Gene Tunney 3-0-0 (2)

OCTOBER 2000 FIGHT CARD
1. #7 Denver Ed Martin 0-1-0 (0) vs #4 Abe Simon 1-1-0 (0)

2. #20 George Chuvalo 0-1-1 (0) vs #13 Frank Childs 1-1-0 (0)

3. #40 Dereck Chisora 0-2-0 (0) vs #30 Max Schmeling 1-1-0 (0)

4. #38 John Ruiz 0-2-0 (0) vs #24 Bob Satterfield 1-1-0 (0)

5. #35 James Tillis 0-2-0 (0) vs #25 Chris Arreola 2-0-0 (1)

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-06-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2020, 03:26 AM   #12
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

I have put together a basic formula for deciding when a boxer retires from the UBF. The simplest way to trigger that formula coming into play is a boxer reaching a point of having 3 more losses than wins.

As you can see there are a few boxers who are on the October Fight Card who are in danger of doing just that.

Well, I'm not done with the card but it has happened. A fighter fell to 0-3-0 and, after pondering retirement, decided to retire. I've also randomly selected a fighter to replace him.

I'll announce both in my next update later today (Saturday).
Old 06-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #13
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

October 2000 Results

James Tillis defeats Chris Arreola by KO at 2:54 of Round 10
He waited until almost the final bell but James Tillis earned his first career victory in the UBF by knocking out Chris Arreola with just 6 seconds to spare. The fight was extremely close throughout as the final total of punches landed had Arreola with an 82-81 edge.

Note: The fight was scored as a split draw through 9 rounds (85-86, 87-85 and 87-87). Tillis would have pondered retirement with a loss and with the uncertainty of how the judges would score the 10th round he may have lost. Instead, he earned the KO on the last offensive dice roll of the fight!

John Ruiz defeats Bob Satterfield by KO at 1:16 of Round 8
Ruiz also notched his first victory in the UBF by knocking out Bob Satterfield. Satterfield was also dropped in the 5th round, at which time he stayed down for a 5 count. Ruiz landed 65 ounches to Satterfield's 33.

Max Schmeling defeats Dereck Chisora by TKO at 1:20 of Round 8
The first time Chisora hit the canvas, in the 5th round, it was ruled a push. The second time he took an 8 count and Schmeling jumped right back on him after the referee allowed the fight to continue delivering a viscous right that caused the referee to call the bout. Already sitting at the bottom of the rankings, Dereck Chisora (0-3-0) announced his retirement from boxing in a tearful press conference the next afternoon.

Following Chisora's retirement, the UBF announced that Fireman Jim Flynn from Hoboken, NJ has entered the UBF as the 32nd ranked boxer. Flynn will be eligible to fight beginning in November.

Note: Flynn replaces Chisora. Flynn's card is terrible. I'll be shocked if he doesn't just take a few L's and retire.

George Chuvalo defeats Frank Childs by KO at 2:46 of Round 7
Chuvalo was another first-time winner in the UBF after a tough luck start to his career with a pair of controversial results with Anthony Joshua. Chuvalo faced little resistance (though a bad nasty gash to his right eye suffered in round 4 did threaten his evening) as he pummeled Childs round after round. When the dust settled, Childs was knocked out (he had already been down in rounds 2 and 4) and Chuvalo held a 93-34 advantage in punches landed. This was a real beating by a highly motivated Chuvalo.

Abe Simon defeats Denver Ed Martin by KO at 1:45 of Round 8
This month's main event was a brutal outing that featured 4 knockdowns before the eventual knock out. Simon hit the canvas in the 3rd round and twice more in round 4. To that point, the fight had been all Martin. However, Simon turned the tide in the 5th round by scoring a knock down of his own and landing 49 punches to Martin's 16 from round 5 to round 7.

NOVEMBER TOP 10 RANKINGS

Contenders
1. Cleveland Williams 1-0-0 (1)
2. Abe Simon 2-1-0 (1)
3. Lennox Lewis 2-0-0 (0)
4. James Jeffries 1-1-1 (1)*
5. Bob Fitzsimmons 2-1-0 (1)
6. Donovan Ruddock 2-0-0 (2)
7. George Foreman 2-1-0 (1)
8. George Godfrey 1-1-0 (0)
9. Gene Tunney 3-0-0 (2)
10. Denver Ed Martin 0-2-0 (0)

NOVEMBER 2000 FIGHT CARD

1. Title Fight: #8 George Godfrey 1-1-0 (0) vs Champion Joe Frazier 2-1-0 (2)

2. #9 Gene Tunney 3-0-0 (2) vs #3 Lennox Lewis 2-0-0 (1)

3. #14 Buddy Baer 0-1-0 (0) vs Anthony Joshua 1-0-1 (1)

4. #35 Arthur Pelkey 0-1-0 (0) vs #28 James Braddock 1-1-0 (1)

5. #39 Tyrell Biggs 0-2-0 (0) vs #22 Ken Norton 2-1-0 (1)

Referees: Arthur Mercante, Sr (title fight), Art Donovan, Randy Neumann
Judges: Samuel Condi, Stan Christodoulou, Rudy Ortega, Alternate: John Keane
Old 06-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #14
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Aside from the 2nd set of 100 heavyweight fighters that Glory Days Boxing is releasing on Monday (mine will be shipped on Monday, ordered today) the creator is also releasing a free pdf download of 30 fictional "tomato cans".

Released this weekend or next week, the tomato cans will serve as fodder to build your fighter's numbers in a career replay.

I will be using these fighters (probably beginning January 2001) in the UBF very soon so I wanted to explain how I will use them...

If a fighter wins a fight in 5 rounds or less, he will be able to fight a tomato can the very next month. These are considered "unranked opponents". If he wins, he gets 0 Ranking Points. If he loses, he loses 15 Ranking Points. In the event of a draw, the ranked fighter will lose 7 RP.

If the fighter defeats the tomato can in 5 rounds or less, no time is added to the amount of time he must rest before facing another ranked opponent. If he wins in round 6 or later, he must rest 2 months from the date of the fight with the unranked opponent (ie 1 month longer than normal). Of course, a loss results in 3 months rest (from the date of the fight with the unranked opponent).

Example: Fighter A defeats Fighter B by TKO in the 3rd Round in a January bout. Fighter A must wait until April before fighting another ranked opponent. Fighter B must wait until May. However, since Fighter A won within the first 5 rounds, he can fight an unranked fighter in February. If he wins that fight within the first 5 rounds, he can still fight a ranked opponent as early as April. If he wins in round 6 or later, he must wait until May and if he loses he must wait until June.

This system will allow me to pad some numbers without actually putting the Tomato Cans into the UBF.

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-16-2020 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Aside from the 2nd set of 100 heavyweight fighters that Glory Days Boxing is releasing on Monday (mine will be shipped on Monday, ordered today) the creator is also releasing a free pdf download of 30 fictional "tomato cans".

Released this weekend or next week, the tomato cans will serve as fodder to build your fighter's numbers in a career replay.

I will be using these fighters (probably beginning January 2001) in the UBF very soon so I wanted to explain how I will use them...

If a fighter wins a fight in 5 rounds or less, he will be able to fight a tomato can the very next month. These are considered "unranked opponents". If he wins, he gets 0 Ranking Points. If he loses, he loses 15 Ranking Points.*

If the fighter defeats the tomato can in 5 rounds or less, no time is added to the amount of time he must rest before facing another ranked opponent. If he wins in round 6 or later, he must rest 2 months from the date of the fight with the unranked opponent (ie 1 month longer than normal). Of course, a loss results in 3 months rest (from the date of the fight with the unranked opponent).*

Example: Fighter A defeats Fighter B by TKO in the 3rd Round in a January bout. Fighter A must wait until April before fighting another ranked opponent. Fighter B must wait until May. However, since Fighter A won within the first 5 rounds, he can fight an unranked fighter in February. If he wins that fight within the first 5 rounds, he can still fight a ranked opponent as early as April. If he wins in round 6 or later, he must wait until May and if he loses he must wait until June.*

This system will allow me to pad some numbers without actually putting the Tomato Cans into the UBF.
This is great. I was wondering how some of these historic fighters could get a few padded wins to build up a worthy record.

Keep up the great work! Loving this universe you've got going!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2020, 11:40 PM   #16
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This is great. I was wondering how some of these historic fighters could get a few padded wins to build up a worthy record.

Keep up the great work! Loving this universe you've got going!

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks, Money99.

I'm looking forward to add the Tomato Cans into the UBF mix to pad some easy wins for these guys. There are some less than stellar fighters in the standard set of 100 heavyweights (and the will be more in the upcoming second set) but these guys in the fictional Tomato Can set will be putrid!

I'm playing November's card now. Thanks for motivating me to document everything here!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »