Home

Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

This is a discussion on Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-09-2020, 07:05 AM   #25
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZYankee
Shocking what is happening to Big George, he is due for a bounce back
Absolutely. There are certain fighters that I'm "rooting" for and he's one of them. It's been tough to watch him have such bad luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 10:01 PM   #26
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

February 2001 Results

Wladimir Klitschko defeats Leon Spinks by TKO at 2:52 of Round 7
Klitschko made an impressive debut in the UBF by scoring a TKO over Spinks. Dr. Steelhammer, according to CompuBox, landed 125 punches to just 52 for Spinks, including 28 in the decisive round.

Tommy Burns defeats Jake Kilrain by Unanimous Decision
Judges: Gwen Adair 97-91, Larry Doggett 97-92, Richard Green 99-92
Kilrain held his own in his debut and actually looked like the better fighter through the first 5 rounds but Burns put him on the canvas twice in the 6th round and he never recovered. the final punches landed tally favored Burns 116 to 75 but was just 39 to 35 through 5 rounds.

Mike Tyson defeats James Braddock by KO at 0:41 of Round 2
Tyson had an interesting debut to say the least. Midway through the first round he briefly turned to referee Richard Steele to complain about Braddock holding him and he was dropped by a vicious right hook. It took a 9 count for Tyson to regain his composure and he bounced back with a vengeance eventually knocking The Cinderella Man out early in Round 2.

Note: Tyson earns a fight against an unranked opponent for this win.

Ken Norton defeats Frank Childs by TKO at 2:25 of Round 10
Childs was knocked down in the 2nd round and had a badly swollen left eye by the end of the fight after he landed just 38 punches to Norton's 125, proving his toughness. Norton, however, proved his efficiency, prowess, power and dominance in earning the TKO.

Title Fight: Champion Joe Frazier defeats Challenger Anthony Joshua by Unanimous Decision
Judges: Louis Moret 118-107, Larry Doggett 118-110, Richard Green 119-107
It was a feisty bout with each corner receiving 2 warnings for continuing after the bell (rounds 1 and 11) and each fighter hit the canvas in round 7 but ultimately it fell flat as a title fight. No dramatic knockout and no question who the winner would be when the cards were submitted. A 166-64 count of punches landed in Frazier's favor told the story. Some within the UBF are beginning to question Frazier's title defenses. Both have come against #8 contenders who have dropped out of the Top 10 since losing to Smokin' Joe (Godfrey #15, Joshua #11). When will the Champ put it on the line against a top ranked opponent?

MARCH 2001 TOP 10 RANKINGS

Champion: Joe Frazier 4-0-1 (3)

Contenders
1. James Jeffries 2-1-1 (2)*
2. Abe Simon 3-1-0 (2)
3. Bob Fitzsimmons 2-1-0 (1)
4. Donovan Ruddock 2-0-0 (2)
5. Gene Tunney 4-0-0 (2)
6. Cleveland Williams 1-1-0 (1)
7. Lennox Lewis 2-1-0 (1)
8. Muhammad Ali 3-0-0 (0)
9. David Tua 3-0-0 (2)
10. Rocky Marciano 3-0-0 (2)

*denotes former champion

MARCH 2001 FIGHT CARD

1. #8 "The Greatest" Muhammad Ali 3-0-0 (0) vs #7 "The Lion" Lennox Lewis 2-1-0 (1)

2. #18 "Our" Henry Cooper 3-1-0 (1) vs #17 Buddy Baer 0-2-0 (0)

3. #13 George Chuvalo 1-1-1 (1) vs #12 "The Colorado Giant" Denver Ed Martin 0-2-0 (0)

4. #28 Chris "Rapid Fire" Byrd 2-1-0 (1) vs #27 James "Quick" Tillis 1-2-0 (1)

5. #36 "The Livermore Larupper" Max Baer 1-2-0 (0) vs #33 "The Nightmare" Chris Arreola 2-1-0 (1)
Old 06-10-2020, 05:09 AM   #27
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

March 2001 Results

Max Baer defeats Chris Arreola by TKO at 1:45 of Round 7
Baer nearly gave this fight away as he had a point deducted by round 3 for the third occurance of a low blow on his part. By the early stages he of round 7, his predicament worsened when he was warned for a 4th foul - a head butt. However, less than a minute later Baer punched Arreola into submission and ended the night.

Note: Through 6 rounds Baer was losing a majority decision. I thought he was headed for a DQ.

Chris Byrd defeats James Tillis by TKO at 1:26 of Round 6
Byrd knocked down Tillis in the 2nd round and opened a gash on above his right eye in the 7th before the fight was finally called. Byrd landed 69 punches to 39 for Tillis.

George Chuvalo defeats Denver Ed Martin by KO at 1:19 of Round 5
A pair of flash knockdowns, one in the 2nd round and one in the 3rd, served as a precursor for the knockout that would follow in the 5th round. Chuvalo imposed his will on Martin and dominated from the opening bell.

Note: Chuvalo earns a fight against an unranked opponent with this win.

Buddy Baer defeats Henry Cooper by TKO at 1:15 of Round 9
Baer was behind on punches landed 93-74, likely behind on all 3 scorecards and hit the canvas once (though one was ruled a slip) but he managed to earn his first win in the UBF when the fight was stopped in the 9th round.

Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis fight to a Split Draw
Judges: 96-96, 95-97 Lewis, 97-94 Ali
Neither fighter could separate himself from the other in a very well-fought bout. Ali went the distance despite having his nose broken in the 5th round and he ultimately landed more punches than Lewis, 98-84 but like Lewis he could not deliver the knock down blow.

APRIL 2001 TOP 10 RANKINGS

Champion: Joe Frazier 4-0-1 (3)

Contenders
1. James Jeffries 2-1-1 (2)*
2. Abe Simon 3-1-0 (2)
3. Bob Fitzsimmons 2-1-0 (1)
4. Donovan Ruddock 2-0-0 (2)
5. Gene Tunney 4-0-0 (2)
6. George Chuvalo 2-1-1 (2)
7. Cleveland Williams 1-1-0 (1)
8. Lennox Lewis 2-1-1 (1)
9. Muhammad Ali 3-0-1 (0)
10. David Tua 3-0-0 (2)

*denotes former champion

APRIL 2001 THURSDAY NIGHT FIGHT CARD

1. #39 "Neon" Leon Spinks 1-3-0 (1) vs Farmer Smith UNR

2. #38 "The Nightmare" Chris Arreola 2-2-0 (1) vs Gus Berger UNR

3. #24 "The Crafty Texan" Frank Childs 1-3-0 (0) vs Noodles Hass UNR

4. #12 Anthony "AJ" Joshua 2-1-1 (2) vs James Anson UNR

5. #19 "Our" Henry Cooper 3-2-0 (1) vs Frankie Page UNR

6. #6 George Chuvalo 2-1-1 (2) vs Cyclone Burns

APRIL 2001 SATURDAY NIGHT FIGHT CARD

1. #5 Gene "The Fighting Marine" Tunney 4-0-0 (2) vs #1 "The Boilermaker" James Jeffries 2-1-1 (2)

2. #10 "Tuaman" David Tua 3-0-0 (2) vs #4 Donovan "Razor" Ruddock 2-0-0 (2)

3. #40 James "Buster" Douglas 0-3-0 (0) vs #32 "Bombardier" Bob Satterfield 1-2-0 (1)

4. #26 "The Quiet Man" John Ruiz 2-2-0 (2) vs #21 Luther "Luck" McCarty 2-1-0 (1)

5. #34 Bryant "By-By" Jennings 0-2-1 (0) vs #23 "The Black Uhlan of the Rhine" Max Schmeling 3-1-0 (2)

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-10-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:39 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Looks like Chuvalo firing everyone in his circle has done the trick.
I think we're all rooting for this tough Canadian to become champ!
Old 06-10-2020, 01:27 PM   #29
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Looks like Chuvalo firing everyone in his circle has done the trick.

I think we're all rooting for this tough Canadian to become champ!
It definitely looks that way. I'd like to see a Canadian champion. It would be a feel good story that would take some people's minds off of the Stanley Cup being in the States since 1994. They need that up there.

I'm excited about Tunney's fight with Jeffries. It's a chance for him to signal a changing of the guard at the top of the division. Also looking forward to Tua and Ruddock. I liked Ruddock when he was active but I'm rooting for Tua a bit in this.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
It definitely looks that way. I'd like to see a Canadian champion. It would be a feel good story that would take some people's minds off of the Stanley Cup being in the States since 1994. They need that up there.

I'm excited about Tunney's fight with Jeffries. It's a chance for him to signal a changing of the guard at the top of the division. Also looking forward to Tua and Ruddock. I liked Ruddock when he was active but I'm rooting for Tua a bit in this.
LOL! A Canadian HW champ is all we have in our lives now haha.

I'm a big fan of both Tua and Ruddock.
That will hopefully live up to the hype.
Does Tua have a strong chin?
I believe he was only dropped once in his career and it was near the end, after he aged.
The bombs he took flush and didn't flinch is crazy.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-10-2020, 08:25 PM   #31
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
LOL! A Canadian HW champ is all we have in our lives now haha.

I'm a big fan of both Tua and Ruddock.
That will hopefully live up to the hype.
Does Tua have a strong chin?
I believe he was only dropped once in his career and it was near the end, after he aged.
The bombs he took flush and didn't flinch is crazy.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes, Tua has a great chin. Not like Chuvalo, of course, but knocking him out will be a chore. Tua's trait is "Mauler". This trait reduces his opponent's Stamina to start the fight. I've seen Mauler's that reduce stamina by 5 and by 10. Tua is in the group that reduces his opponent's Stamina by 10.

Side note, I got my 2nd Heavyweight Set today. I like the set, in a quick glance, for the UBF. There are some good fighters but there are some real duds too which is good for building numbers for the top fighters.

Additionally, I just got word that the Tomato Can set is available now for download. I'm going to be adding a "Thursday Night Card" to April and start fighting this backlog of those fights immediately this month!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2020, 09:53 PM   #32
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

I've decided to have the Thursday Night Fights be scheduled for just 6 rounds. Many, if not most, of those fights should be over before then but even if they aren't they should be decided by then.

This will speed up the time it takes to fight these stat builders as I'll likely be having 5 of them per month for a little while as I whittle away at the backlog.

The rest rules when fighting an unranked opponent will remain unchanged. The goal is still to win in 5 rounds or less to have no effect on rest.

EDIT: The post for March/April has been updated with the Thursday Night Card.

Last edited by steelerfan; 06-10-2020 at 11:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »