Home

We Are NXT | WWE 2K20 Universe

This is a discussion on We Are NXT | WWE 2K20 Universe within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2020, 02:54 AM   #1
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

OVR: 0
We Are NXT | WWE 2K20 Universe

A lot has happened for NXT within the past year. It made the move from the WWE Network to the USA Network, it expanded to two hours, NXT claimed brand supremacy at Survivor Series, and an NXT Championship was defended at both Survivor Series and WrestleMania 36. With so many successes, how will NXT use that momentum moving forward?

---

A few notes regarding this Universe Mode:
  • Though I am starting from the default calendar beginning of Universe Mode, I will be using current rosters and champions to start
  • I won't have the entire NXT roster due to CAW space and good CAW availability
  • I will be using Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican's 2K20 attributes
  • I will have Raw, NXT UK, Friday Night Smackdown, and AEW Dynamite running concurrently with NXT but they will all be AI booked and simulated
  • Roster changes will happen between brands whenever I see fit
  • I will be using An Uncertain Universe to add some flair to my Universe

Last edited by jromero120; 08-10-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 02:55 AM   #2
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Re: We Are NXT | WWE 2K20 Universe

Men
Spoiler

Women
Spoiler

Tag Teams / Stables
Spoiler

* Denotes Superstars shared with NXT UK

Last edited by jromero120; 08-08-2020 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:55 AM   #3
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY
(Champion / Event Won / Successful Defenses / Days Held)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by jromero120; 08-07-2020 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:56 AM   #4
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

AROUND THE INDUSTRY

Current Champions
Spoiler

Current Roster
Spoiler

Current Champions
Spoiler

Current Roster
Spoiler

Current Champions
Spoiler

Current Roster
Spoiler

Current Champions
Spoiler

Current Roster
Spoiler

Last edited by jromero120; 08-07-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:39 AM   #5
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

NXT Cruiserweight Championship Unification Match to Open NXT

After some time with two Superstars recognized as the holders of the NXT Cruiserweight Championship, the undisputed champion will finally be crowned this Wednesday!

With Jordan Devlin stuck overseas and unable to defend the NXT Cruiserweight Championship, GM William Regal decided to hold a tournament to crown an interim NXT Cruiserweight Champion to continue the title's and the division's presence on the NXT brand. Santos Escobar, then performing under a mask as El Hijo del Fantasma, came out on top and has reigned as champion since. While the dust has yet to settle on Escobar's championship victory, Devlin is finally making his return to NXT and will waste no time laying claim to the peak of the cruiserweight division.

Will Jordan Devlin prove to be the only true champion? Or will Santos Escobar's legacy continue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

This looks good! As someone who knows absolutely nothing about present-day names, I'm hoping I'll be able to learn about who these guys are! Always great to see a new WWE dynasty, best of luck. I'll be reading.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:36 PM   #7
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

Thanks! I am hoping to have the first episode up tonight!
Old 08-10-2020, 02:38 PM   #8
Rookie

jromero120's Arena

May Week 1 (Year 1)
Orlando, Florida

Mauro Ranallo, Tom Phillips, and Beth Phoenix welcome everyone to NXT. They run down tonight’s action before they are interrupted by Santos Escobar’s theme.

During the in-ring match introductions it is announced that starting with this match all cruiserweight matches will be contested under a new set of rules; each match will have a 15-minute time limit and count outs will now need to reach a 20 count.

NXT Cruiserweight Championship: Santos Escobar© vs. Jordan Devlin©
The fight for cruiserweight supremacy is fast paced and exciting. Devlin takes control early on by targeting Escobar’s back. It seems like a one-sided contest until Escobar starts mounting his comeback. He unleashes a flurry of offensive moves that give him the upper hand, though that does not last too long. Devlin takes control again, this time targeting Escobar’s head with various blows. Escobar makes one last ditch effort to win with some quick counters. He attempts to pull Devlin in for one of his signature moves, but Devlin reverses that into Ireland’s Call for the win.

Jordan Devlin celebrates in the ring and holds the Championship high as blood drips down his face.

Superstar Vignette
The video opens with an unknown wrestler being pinned in the middle of the ring. Distraught, the wrestler sits in the middle of the ring moping as his opponent, the staff, and ultimately the fans fade away. As the wrestler continues to sit in the ring a voice begins to speak.

“Is this you? Are you tired of constantly losing? Of being jobbed out to the ’next big thing’? Have you lost the ability to bolieve in yourself? Well then I have a solution for you!”

A hand reaches down and pulls the wrestler to his feet. Here he comes face to face with none other than Bo Dallas.

“Bo Dallas will change your life in no time! Bolieve me, I have had my share of downs but, if anyone knows how to bolieve in themself, it’s me. Call now at 1-800-BOLIEVE to schedule your first consultation and I will have you bolieving in yourself in no time!”

Bo gives a thumbs up to the camera as a long disclaimer scrolls up the screen extremely quickly.

NXT North American Championship Announcement
As the video fades, NXT returns to the image of NXT GM William Regal on the stage with the NXT North American Championship in his hand. He announces that after Keith Lee graciously relinquished the championship in his hand, it is time to crown a new champion.

Starting tonight, 16 NXT Superstars will compete in eight singles matches with the winners moving on to NXT TakeOver: Blackpool. There they will compete in the first ever 8-Man Last Man Standing match!

NXT North American Championship Qualifier: Dexter Lumis vs. Killian Dain
While tonight’s first match was fast-paced and full of high flying moves, this is a slow, hard-hitting affair. Lumis and Dain trade moves through the entire match without either one really getting the upper hand. Power move after power move, the sounds of their bodies being slammed in the ring echo throughout the arena. The action eventually spills into the ringside area. Neither wrestler seems to be in a rush to return to the ring and look more concerned with inflicting each other with pain. Dexter Lumis takes advantage as the ref’s count inched towards 10. He delivers a hard powerbomb before slowly climbing back into the ring just in time for the 10 count and the win. Dexter Lumis is the first Superstar to qualify for the Last Man Standing match.

The Undisputed Era (w/ Adam Cole & Roderick Strong) vs. Breezango
Kyle O’Reilly and Fandango start the match for their respective teams. O’Reilly does his best to keep Fandango grounded and down on the mat using his technical skills. Fish and O’Reilly cut the ring in half and prevent Fandango from making the tag to Breeze. O’Reilly and Fandango spill onto the floor. As Fandango gets to his feet, he comes face to face with Adam Cole. A shoving match ensues between the two, only for O’Reilly to come from behind with a cheap shop. He whips Fandango back into the ring and, along with Fish, continues isolating Fandango in their corner. Despite his valiant effort, The Undisputed Era connects with Chasing the Dragon for the 1-2-3.

Adam Cole and Roderick Strong enter the ring and start beating down Fandango. Tyler Breeze tries to make the save but is too outnumbered and is immediately overpowered. Breezango are sent flying over the top rope before Cole demands a mic.

Cole says that they have run NXT but NXT never showed them the respect they deserved. They put on classic after classic and have made the roster look good just by sharing their talent in the ring with them. It is about time they make NXT Undisputed again. Cole says this is a warning to the entire locker room, but especially Keith Lee and Imperium. The Undisputed Era will be draped in gold once again “...and that’s Undisputed.” Cole drops the mic and The Undisputed Era do their signature pose in the ring.

Bronson Reed makes his way out as The Undisputed Era heads to the back. He stares them down as they walk by as if waiting for one of them to make a wrong move. A familiar foe, Shane Thorne, makes his way out next for the second of tonight’s two NXT North American Championship qualifier matches.

NXT North American Championship Qualifier: Shane Thorne vs. Bronson Reed
The history between these two dates back to their time in Australia together and it shows in their chemistry. Bronson Reed is the first one on the offensive but Shane Thorne counters and takes over quickly. Though not as powerful as Reed, Thorne has agility on his side. This only takes him so far though as Reed stops Thorne in his tracks with a nasty powerbomb right in the middle of the ring. Bronson Reed looks to end the match quickly and attempts to pin Shane Thorne after every few string of power moves. Thorne does not give up and mounts a small comeback. He manages to drop Bronson to the mat and uses this opportunity to target Reed’s head. Reed fights his way back up and once again uses a slew of power moves to immobilize Shane. Move after move, it looks like it’s all over for Thorne but he persistently kicks out of every pin attempt. After a quick counter, Thorne gets to his feet and charges at Bronson Reed, connecting with a brutal clothesline for the pin to end the match of the night. Stunned with his victory, Shane Thorne celebrates what may end up being the biggest upset of the qualifiers.

NXT returns from a break with Vanessa Borne already in the ring. As Mercedes Martinez makes her entrance with Robert Stone and Borne’s former Borne & Boujee partner Aliyah in tow, Mauro Ranallo takes us to an incident from earlier in the day.

Io Shirai is confronted by the Robert Stone Brand as she arrives at the arena. Robert Stone offers Io Shirai a deal to have the NXT Women’s Championship join the Robert Stone Brand. She laughs and immediately declines, letting him know that she would rather quit NXT than join him. The Robert Stone Brand feigns walking away before Mercedes Martinez and Aliyah turn around and attack Io. The 2-on-1 attack sees Shirai beaten down before being whipped into the side of a car. As she winces in pain, Martinez picks up the NXT Women’s Championship as Robert Stone clarifies that they only want the title, not her.

Back in the ring, Mercedes Martinez laughs as we get the bell for tonight’s final match.

Mercedes Martinez (w/ Robert Stone & Aliyah) vs. Vanessa Borne
This match ends up being a slow squash. Borne charges Martinez as soon as the bell rings but she is taken down quickly. Mercedes plays with Borne, mocking her as she struggles to make it to her feet after every move. Once Martinez has had enough, she puts Borne down one last time with a modified Air Raid Crash for the 3 count.

As Vanessa Borne lays prone in the ring, Aliyah slides in and starts wailing at her. Martinez joins in until Io Shirai runs down for the save. The Robert Stone Brand retreats up the ramp while they talk trash as Shirai stares them down from inside the ring. Martinez motions around her waist as NXT goes off the air with Io Shirai holding her NXT Women’s Championship up high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »