Home

WCW Saved from the Ashes

This is a discussion on WCW Saved from the Ashes within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2020, 01:24 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: WCW Saved from the Ashes

BREAKING NEWS

After his loss on Nitro to Booker T, many backstage said Ric Flair seemed to not be happy, and after a long meeting with owners Ted Dibiase and Bret Hart, we are shocked to announce that there has been an agreement to terminate Ric Flairs contract.

This ends a storied career in WCW for an all time great, however this also opens the door for someone to step in into a huge hole that has now been lefts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2020, 09:21 PM   #26
Pro

March 1st 2001
Next PPV Greed March 25th 2001

Sinister Minister is backstage with Jushin Thunder Liger. Sinister Minister was building up the feud between Rey Misterio Jr. and Jushin Thunder Liger. Good idea.

Segment Rating 3*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Tajiri.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Tajiri hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Chavo counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Chavo Guerrero Jr. connects with a back heel kick on Tajiri and gets back up quickly. Tajiri reverses an irish whip...and Chavo Guerrero Jr. runs into the referee! Back heel kick off the second rope, Tajiri goes down. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Tajiri reverses a Chavo Guerrero Jr. hammerlock. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Superkick by Tajiri practically knocks out all of Chavo Guerrero Jr.'s teeth! There's a two count on the pin. Diamond Dust from Tajiri, Chavo is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Chavo reverses a waistlock. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Chavo. Pin, but Tajiri is out just before the three count. Tajiri powers out of a Chavo Guerrero Jr. headlock. Chavo Guerrero Jr. is in trouble. Kick Of Death! 1....2....3. Tajiri remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

Shane Helms is in the ring, carrying the WCW Television belt. Christopher Daniels comes down and gets in the ring. After a few words, Daniels grabs the belt and waffles the champion with it, knocking him out. Christopher Daniels poses above him, the belt in his hands.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Shane Helms vs Christopher Daniels.

Match Background: Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Helms walks into a high dropkick from Christopher Daniels, almost losing several teeth in the process. Shane Helms powers out of a Christopher Daniels headlock. Shane Helms strikes Daniels. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Vicious kick to the teeth from Shane Helms. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Daniels blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Daniels hits a dropkick on Shane Helms and gets right back up. Superkick by Christopher Daniels practically knocks out all of Shane Helms's teeth! There's a two count on the pin. DDT from the top rope by Christopher Daniels. That looked KILLER! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Helms powers out of a headlock. Helms crushes Daniels with a huge legdrop. Pin, but Daniels is out just before the three count. Christopher Daniels once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Christopher Daniels ducks a Helms clothesline and does a quick roll up. Daniels has a handful of tights! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! Christopher Daniels climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Steve Corino is backstage. I'm actually looking forward to this and you should too! He wanted to rip into Dean Malenko. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 4*

Dean Malenko vs Steve Corino.

Match Background: Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: A Gut buster connects on Malenko and hits hard. Nice piledriver on Malenko. There's a two count on the pin. Dean Malenko reverses a hip toss. Malenko just WAFFLES Corino with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Flying elbow from Dean Malenko connects. Covers for a quick two count. Vicious kick to the teeth from Dean Malenko. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Second rope flying axe handle, Corino goes down. One day, Malenko might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Steve Corino is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Gutwrench into a powerbomb, aka the Doctor Bomb and Malenko hits hard. Covers for a quick two count. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Malenko gets caught with a short powerbomb from Corino. Steve Corino connects with rights and lefts and Dean Malenko is down! Malenko blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Dean Malenko hits a rolling kick on Corino. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Vicious kick to the teeth from Dean Malenko. Steve Corino can barely stand. Tornado DDT!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Dean Malenko remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

X-Pac is in the ring. Billy Kidman comes out, and challenges him to a match tonight. The challenge is accepted.

Segment Rating 2*

X-Pac vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: X-Pac just WAFFLES Kidman with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! X-Pac strikes Kidman. X-Pac hits a rolling kick on Kidman. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. X-Pac hits a dropkick on Billy Kidman and gets right back up. Kidman blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! X-Pac takes a flying neckbreaker from Billy Kidman. Kidman crushes X-Pac with a huge legdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Kidman charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. SUPER frankensteiner on Kidman, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Covers for a quick two count. Tiger suplex on Kidman. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Billy Kidman fights out of a grapple. Kidman hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. X-Pac backdrops Billy Kidman out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of X-Pac. X-Pac hits a rolling kick on Kidman. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Billy Kidman slugs X-Pac, sending him down into the corner. While Kidman fires up the crowd, X-Pac is removing the turnbuckle pad! Billy Kidman comes over...but X-Pac grabs him by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot Billy Kidman face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! X-Pac rolls up the stunned Billy Kidman: 1....2...3! How did the referee not see that? X-Pac climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Chris Candido is coming down to the ring when Evan Karagias leaps over the security railings and attacks, making his return to the promotion. He beats Candido into the ring. Chris Candido gets knocked to the ground by Karagias, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Through the air, Flying Press! Evan Karagias leaves, having made a big impact.

Segment Rating 3*

Chris Candido vs Evan Karagias.

The Match: Candido uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Lightning kick by Candido on Karagias. Covers for a quick two count. Karagias blocks a kick from Chris Candido. Candido walks into a high dropkick from Evan Karagias, almost losing several teeth in the process. Implant DDT by Evan Karagias! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Covers for a quick two count. Power drive elbow by Evan Karagias. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Implant DDT by Evan Karagias! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Candido flips out of a Evan Karagias bodyslam attempt. Lightning kick by Candido on Karagias. Hooks the leg for a two count. Northern Lights Bomb very nearly crushes the spine of Karagias! Pin, but Karagias is out just before the three count. Karagias tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Karagias gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Candido! Karagias kicks Chris Candido in the gut to reverse the momentum. Karagias hits a dropkick on Chris Candido and gets right back up. Springboard dropkick from Evan Karagias. Nicely done. Evan Karagias floors Chris Candido...and climbs the turnbuckles. Through the air, Flying Press! 1....2....3. Evan Karagias remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Jushin Thunder Liger is in the ring. Rey Misterio Jr. comes out, and attacks. Rey Misterio Jr. gets the upper hand. Jushin Thunder Liger is in trouble. Liger Bomb!!! That shook the ring. Rey Misterio Jr. stole the finisher of Jushin Thunder Liger and used it on him!

Segment Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #27
Pro

March 5th 2001

New Age Outlaws vs Road Warriors.

Match Background: New Age Outlaws are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Road Warriors are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Animal hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Big kick from Billy staggers Animal but that's about it. There's a two count on the pin. Billy tags out to Road Dogg. New Age Outlaws whip Animal into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Running clothesline from Road Dogg was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Road Dogg goes for a splash but Animal puts the knees up. Road Warrior Animal DDTs Road Dogg, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Road Warrior Hawk. Road Warrior Hawk hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Road Warrior Hawk hits a right hand on Road Dogg. Road Dogg pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Road Dogg slams Road Warrior Hawk down. Hawk is sure in trouble now. Tag between Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. Wack kick from Billy. Hawk tags out to Road Warrior Animal. Billy Gunn hits a right hand on Road Warrior Animal. KroniK come running down the aisle and into the ring! Animal turns...and is dropped with a double DDT! Animal in big trouble. Road Warrior Animal is in trouble. Fame-***-Er! 1....2....3. KroniK aren't satisfied! They decide to continue the assault on Road Warriors, stomping them into the mat until referees pull them away!

Match Rating 3.5*

Booker T is in the ring, and he calls out Randy Savage. Savage runs down and hits the ring, and they brawl all the way back into the aisle, and eventually out of sight backstage.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Shane Helms vs Stevie Ray.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Helms vs Ray feud. Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Helms receives some punishment by Stevie Ray but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Ray charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Standing leg lariat by Shane Helms on Ray. Stevie Ray charges, Helms moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Ray walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Cover, but there's no one to count for Shane Helms! Stevie Ray pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Stevie Ray with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Helms. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Weak bodyslam by Ray. There's a two count on the pin. Ray DDTs Shane Helms. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Shane Helms elbows Stevie Ray in the face to break a hammerlock. Helms crushes Ray with a running senton. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Ray counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Stevie Ray gets a roll-up...and grabs a handful of tights as well! The referee doesn't see it: 1....2...3!! The fight has started up again! Shane Helms attacks Ray, and they brawl all around ringside, then into the crowd! They eventually disappear backstage, still fighting.

Match Rating 3*

Dean Malenko is walking backstage when Shawn Stasiak comes from behind and attacks him with a chair. Shawn Stasiak walks off after hitting a few more chair shots, leaving Malenko down on the floor.

Segment Rating 3*

The Rhodes vs Steiner Brothers.

Match Background: Steiner Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Dustin Rhodes ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. BAAACK Body drop by Steiner gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Dusty Rhodes. The Rhodes whip Steiner into the corner. Dustin Rhodes whips Dusty Rhodes in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Hooks the leg for a two count. Steiner takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Steiner backdrops Dusty Rhodes out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Rick Steiner. Big clothesline from Steiner. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner DDTs Dusty, but it just looked terrible. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Dusty Rhodes takes a right hand to the temple from Poppa Pump. Dusty Rhodes avoids a Scott Steiner avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Dusty slams Scott Steiner down. Poppa Pump is sure in trouble now. Tag between Dusty Rhodes and Dustin Rhodes. Rhodes slams Scott Steiner. Poppa Pump tags out to Rick Steiner. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Rick Steiner by Rhodes. Remember when that was a legit finish? Rick Steiner is in big trouble...Double Bionic Elbow!! 1....2....3! The Rhodes climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Hulk Hogan is in the ring, and makes an open challenge for anyone to come out and face him. Out from the back comes the debuting John Cena. He hits the ring and attacks. Hulk Hogan is in trouble. FU!!! That shook the ring. Hogan got beaten down by the debuting John Cena.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Hulk Hogan vs John Cena.

Match Background: Cena is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Flying shoulder tackle by Cena sends Hogan CRASHING to the mat. Hooks the leg for a two count. Nice piledriver on Hogan. There's a two count on the pin. John Cena misses a clothesline. Hulk Hogan hits a BIG clothesline for two! Hulk Hogan DDTs Cena in a move that is so poorly executed, you can actually see that John Cena's head didn't touch the mat at all. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! John Cena fights out of a grapple. Massive backbreaker on Hogan and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Hooks the leg for a two count. John Cena misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Hulk Hogan knocks Cena down to the canvas with a clothesline. John Cena hooks up a suplex, but Hogan flips out and lands on his feet, and quickly grabs the tights to score with a school boy pin! 1...2..3! The referee somehow missed the blatant cheating! John Cena offers a handshake to Hogan...and he accepts it! No! Hulk Hogan levels Cena with a cheap shot right hand! Hulk Hogan floors Cena. Hulk Hogan signals - Legdrop Of Doom! John Cena has been floored after the match.

Match Rating 3*

Paul Heyman is backstage with Chuck Palumbo. He got on THE STICK~! and spent the interview putting Palumbo over, like a manager should.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Shawn Stasiak vs Shane Douglas.

The Match: Shane Douglas strikes Shawn Stasiak. Stasiak flips out of a Shane Douglas bodyslam attempt. Douglas takes a headbutt from Shawn Stasiak. Shane Douglas charges, Stasiak moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Cover, but there's no one to count for Shawn Stasiak! Stasiak walks into a drop toe hold. Douglas suplexes Stasiak to the canvas and floats over. Powerslam from Shane Douglas on Stasiak. There's a two count on the pin. Chin crusher by Shane Douglas, the execution wasn't great though. I'd like to see a good Chin Crusher, that just sounds devastating. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Douglas drops an elbow...but Shawn Stasiak moves out of the way. Full nelson slam on Douglas. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Shane Douglas is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Dean Malenko comes running down the aisle with a chair! Douglas whips Shawn Stasiak into the ropes. Malenko jumps onto the apron with the chair! Collision between Malenko, Stasiak, and the chair! Shawn Stasiak staggers back into a roll up! 1...2...3! It's over! Dean Malenko pushes the referee aside, then continues to assault Stasiak! Right hands rain down on Shawn Stasiak, pounding him into the canvas. Satisfied with his work, Dean Malenko turns and leaves the ring, the damage done.

Match Rating 3*

KroniK are walking backstage when they are spotted by Road Warriors. They attack, and after a short brawl, KroniK have been left down on the floor, hurt.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Booker T vs Rob Van Dam.

Match Background: Booker T is the reigning WCW World champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: BIG clothesline on RVD. Booker T hits a bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. RVD flips out of a Booker T bodyslam attempt. RVD just WAFFLES Booker with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Covers for a quick two count. Diamond Dust from Rob Van Dam, Booker is out! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Rob Van Dam hits a rolling kick on Booker. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Booker powers out of a headlock. Booker hits a piledriver on Rob Van Dam. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Booker T connects and Rob Van Dam is down! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Booker slams Rob Van Dam down and motions to the crowd. Booker hits a right hand. Booker walks into a drop toe hold. Flying elbow from Rob Van Dam connects. Back heel kick off the second rope, Booker goes down. Randy Savage comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Booker T turns around. Randy Savage slams Booker down. Randy Savage climbs to the top rope and hits the Savage Elbow! Savage leaves the ring, the damage done! Cover gets three for Rob Van Dam, Booker got pinned. Randy Savage has a chair. Booker T stands up...and gets floored by a shot to the head. Another two shots smack down across his back, leaving him unmoving on the canvas. Savage sets the chair up, then picks up Booker T. He gets whipped into the ropes...and then drop toe holded, sending him face first into the chair! Randy Savage has left Booker down and bloodied in the ring after a brutal assault!

Match Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #28
Pro

March 8th 2001

Tonight the long standing feud over the Cruiserweight Championship comes to an end, as champion Rey Misterio Jr defends the title against Jushin Thunder Liger in a dangerous LADDER MATCH!

Also, speculation has been running all day as Degenerates member X-Pac appears to have been in meetings with co-owner Ted Dibiase all day, what could this be about?

The camera shows the outside of the locker room of Ted DiBiase. X-Pac appears, knocks, then enters, closing the door behind him.

Segment Rating 3*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Chavo hits a dropkick on Shane Helms and gets right back up. Springboard reverse elbow by Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Excellent move. Looks like Muta has giving out lessons. Covers for a quick two count. Helms kicks Chavo Guerrero Jr. in the gut to reverse the momentum. STIFF high kick on Chavo by Shane Helms. Helms uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Covers for a quick two count. Tiger suplex on Chavo. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Implant DDT by Shane Helms! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Chavo blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! VICIOUS lightning kick by Chavo on Helms. Covers for a quick two count. Slingshot senton by Chavo, crushing the chest cavity of Helms. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Second rope flying axe handle, Helms goes down. One day, Chavo might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. STIFF high kick on Helms by Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Helms blocks a punch. Flying elbow from Shane Helms connects. Tiger suplex on Chavo. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Shane Helms moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Nightmare On Helms Street. 1....2...3, it's finished. Shane Helms goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Evan Karagias is backstage. He wanted to rip into Chris Candido. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 2.5*

Chris Candido vs Evan Karagias.

The Match: Candido drives a thrust kick into the chest of Karagias. Karagias takes a NICE hurrancarana from Chris Candido. Covers for a quick two count. Evan Karagias elbows Chris Candido in the face to break a hammerlock. Candido walks into a high dropkick from Evan Karagias, almost losing several teeth in the process. Implant DDT by Evan Karagias! I will always and forever mark out for that move. There's a two count on the pin. Vicious kick to the teeth from Evan Karagias. Pin, but Candido is out just before the three count. Karagias hits a dropkick on Chris Candido and gets right back up. Chris Candido pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Lightning kick by Candido on Karagias. Hooks the leg for a two count. Karagias gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Candido uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Double arm suplex by Chris Candido connects as Karagias hits hard. Evan Karagias once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Karagias uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Back heel kick off the second rope, Candido goes down. Chris Candido gets knocked to the ground by Karagias, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Off the top - Flying Press, forget about it. 1....2...3! Evan Karagias climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Christopher Daniels is backstage. He wanted to rip into Dean Malenko. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Christopher Daniels vs Dean Malenko.

Match Background: Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Malenko goes down. Daniels just WAFFLES Malenko with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Second rope flying axe handle, Malenko goes down. One day, Daniels might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Hard back suplex on Malenko. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Malenko flips out of a Christopher Daniels bodyslam attempt. Daniels takes a flying neckbreaker from Dean Malenko. Malenko crushes Daniels with a running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Daniels reverses a Dean Malenko hammerlock. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. DDT from the top rope by Christopher Daniels. That looked KILLER! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Malenko pushes out of a Christopher Daniels hold. Dean Malenko connects with a back heel kick on Daniels and gets back up quickly. Daniels kicks Dean Malenko in the gut to reverse the momentum. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Dean Malenko is in trouble. Angel's Wings!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Christopher Daniels remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

Torrie Wilson is backstage with Billy Kidman. Torrie Wilson wanted to rip into Steve Corino. Uh oh. Looks like SOMEONE is a little upset tonight.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Steve Corino vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: Big forearm by Steve Corino makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Corino. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Covers for a quick two count. Steve Corino misses a clothesline. Spin kick by Billy Kidman to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Billy Kidman connects with a back heel kick on Corino and gets back up quickly. Hard back suplex on Corino. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Steve Corino is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Steve Corino hits a stalling suplex on Kidman. Billy Kidman is in trouble. Old School Expulsion! 1....2....3. Steve Corino climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Sinister Minister is backstage with Jushin Thunder Liger. Sinister Minister talked trash about Rey Misterio Jr., continuing the feud with Jushin Thunder Liger. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will always help build up a rivalry. Well, I guess sticks and stones would as well, but you know what I mean.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Rey Misterio Jr..

Match Background: This will be a ladder bout. Rey Jr. and Liger have been feuding for quite some time now. Liger has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW Cruiserweight title. Rey Misterio Jr. has been WCW Cruiserweight champion since 04 January 2001.

The Match: Splash from the top of the ladder, reminiscent of HBK at Wrestlemania 10! SUPER frankensteiner on Rey Jr., who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Rey Jr. reverses a waistlock. Liger walks into a high dropkick from Rey Misterio Jr., almost losing several teeth in the process. Flying elbow from Rey Misterio Jr. connects. Ladder assisted standing moonsault, Liger gets CRUSHED! Hard back suplex on Liger. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Liger powers out of a headlock. Rey Jr. takes a NICE hurrancarana from Jushin Thunder Liger. Power drive elbow by Jushin Thunder Liger. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Flying elbow from Jushin Thunder Liger connects. Dropkick from the middle of the ladder by Liger. Rey Misterio Jr. comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Spin kick by Rey Misterio Jr. to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Liger walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? They both begin to climb the ladder. Once they reach the top, an exchange of punches starts! Rey Jr. grabs Liger...and sends him crashing to the canvas! Rey Misterio Jr. grabs the prize for the victory. X-Pac comes running down the aisle with a chair, and gets into the ring! X-Pac hits Rey Jr. with a chair to the back! Rey Misterio Jr. goes down to the canvas, hurt.

Match Rating 4.5*

X-Pac vs Rey Misterio Jr..

Match Background: This match is for the WCW Cruiserweight title. Rey Misterio Jr. has been WCW Cruiserweight champion since 04 January 2001.

The Match: THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and X-Pac is down. There's a two count on the pin. X-Pac powers out of a headlock. X-Pac hits a right hand on Rey Misterio Jr. and follows it up with a couple more. Flying elbow from X-Pac connects. Covers for a quick two count. Rey Jr. walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Hard back suplex on Rey Jr.. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Rey Misterio Jr. once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. SUPER frankensteiner on X-Pac, who hit hard. There's a two count on the pin. Springboard dropkick from Rey Misterio Jr.. Nicely done. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Second rope flying axe handle, X-Pac goes down. One day, Rey Jr. might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. STIFF high kick on X-Pac by Rey Misterio Jr.. X-Pac powers out of a headlock. X-Pac hits a rolling kick on Rey Jr.. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Springboard dropkick from X-Pac. Nicely done. X-Pac grapples with Rey Misterio Jr., and positions himself so that the referee can't see...and hits a low blow! He rolls up the stunned Rey Misterio Jr.: 1....2....3!! What a cheap shot! X-Pac slides out of the ring to the floor, then turns and leaves through the crowd. He's happy to have the win, and evidently isn't going to hang around for Rey Jr. to get some payback.

Match Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-29-2020, 12:14 AM   #29
Pro

March 12th 2001

Tonight, Nitro turns gold, as Owner Bret Hart made the following announcement:

"Tonight, we put an end to the current fights over the WCW Championships as Nitro will come at you with 4 championship matches right here on live television!"

Chuck Palumbo vs Chris Kanyon.

The Match: Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Chuck Palumbo by Kanyon. Remember when that was a legit finish? Palumbo walks into a jaw breaker. There's a two count on the pin. Palumbo powers out of a headlock. Chuck Palumbo hits some punches. How generic. Palumbo slams Chris Kanyon down and motions to the crowd. Hooks the leg for a two count. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Chris Kanyon by Palumbo. Remember when that was a legit finish? Chuck Palumbo misses a clothesline. Tiger bomb by Chris Kanyon, which is nowhere near as cool as a botched Pedigree but gets the job done. Hooks the leg for a two count. High Angle DDT by Chris Kanyon just SPIKES Chuck Palumbo down! Pin, but Palumbo is out just before the three count. Chris Kanyon with a spinning neckbreaker on Palumbo. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Chris Kanyon ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Chris Kanyon misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Fallaway slam by Chuck Palumbo puts down Chris Kanyon. Chuck Palumbo scores with a big spinebuster. Chris Kanyon can barely stand. Jungle Kick! 1....2....3. Chuck Palumbo remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Paul Heyman is backstage with Chuck Palumbo. He got on THE STICK~! and spent the interview putting Palumbo over, like a manager should.

Segment Rating 4*

John Cena vs Billy Gunn.

The Match: Billy is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. BAAACK Body drop by Billy gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Hooks the leg for a two count. Billy Gunn comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Weak bodyslam on Cena by Billy sets up a legdrop. Uninspired brawling from Billy Gunn. Cena gets splashed in the corner. John Cena reverses a hip toss. Massive backbreaker on Billy and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Billy Gunn is in trouble. FU!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! John Cena remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3*

Shane Helms is backstage. He got on THE STICK~! and talked trash about Stevie Ray, continuing their feud. To the death, I say!

Segment Rating 3*

Stevie Ray vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Helms and Ray have been feuding for quite some time now. This match is for the WCW Television title. Shane Helms has been WCW Television champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Standing leg lariat by Shane Helms on Ray. Spinning back kick from Shane Helms. Spin kick by Shane Helms to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Ray counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Ray slams Shane Helms down. Helms is sure in trouble now. Powerslam from Stevie Ray on Helms. There's a two count on the pin. Helms pushes out of a Stevie Ray hold. Lightning kick by Helms on Ray. Covers for a quick two count. Tor-NADO DDT from Shane Helms, Ray got planted! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Helms charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Helms hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Stevie Ray misses a clothesline. Shane Helms hits a rolling kick on Ray. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Stevie Ray is in trouble. Nightmare On Helms Street!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Shane Helms goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3*

Dean Malenko is backstage. See Ratings. Hear Dean Malenko talk. See Ratings fall. He got on THE STICK~! and talked trash about Shawn Stasiak, continuing their feud. To the death, I say!

Segment Rating 3*

Shawn Stasiak vs Dean Malenko.

Match Background: This will be a cage bout. Malenko and Stasiak have been feuding for quite some time now. This match is for the WCW United States title. Dean Malenko has been WCW United States champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Shawn Stasiak launches Malenko into the cage wall. Full nelson slam on Malenko. Malenko pushes out of a Shawn Stasiak hold. Dean Malenko strikes Stasiak. Malenko uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Dean Malenko throws Stasiak into the cage. Flying elbow from Dean Malenko connects. Dean Malenko climbs the cage, but gets pulled down by Stasiak! Stasiak counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Big piledriver on Malenko. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Shawn Stasiak connects and Dean Malenko is down! Shawn Stasiak with a spinning neckbreaker on Malenko. Shawn Stasiak drives Malenko into the cage side. Malenko pushes out of a Shawn Stasiak hold. Implant DDT by Dean Malenko! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Tor-NADO DDT from Dean Malenko, Stasiak got planted! Dean Malenko floors Shawn Stasiak. Texas Clover Leaf!!! Shawn Stasiak goes limp! Dean Malenko climbs the cage, Stasiak can only look on in despair. Malenko escapes for the win! Dean Malenko remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Road Warriors are backstage. They was building up the feud with KroniK. I respect you, Booker Man.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Road Warriors vs KroniK.

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. Road Warriors are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. KroniK are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. KroniK and Road Warriors have been feuding for quite some time now. This match is for the WCW Tag Team titles. KroniK have been WCW Tag Team champions since 15 January 2001.

The Match: Road Warrior Animal with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Adams. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Road Warrior Hawk scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Road Warriors whip Adams into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Animal rams Clarke into a table. Adams counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Bryan Clarke strikes Road Warrior Animal with a hard blow. Bryan Clarke scoop slams Animal onto and through a table. Brian Adams scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Road Warrior Animal takes a right hand to the temple from Clarke. I bet those hurt more than Sgt. Slaughter's Noogies. Road Warrior Animal is all alone...High Times!! 1....2....3! KroniK go into the crowd, where they celebrate their win.

Match Rating 3.5*

Booker T is backstage. He got on THE STICK~! and talked trash about Randy Savage, continuing their feud. To the death, I say!

Segment Rating 4.5*

Booker T vs Randy Savage.

Match Background: This will be an I Quit bout. Booker and Savage have been feuding for quite some time now. Savage has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW World title. Booker T has been WCW World champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Booker T ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Booker slams Randy Savage down and motions to the crowd. BIG clothesline on Savage. Savage pushes out of a Booker T hold. Randy Savage hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Savage drops an elbow...but Booker T moves out of the way. Massive backbreaker on Savage and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Death valley driver by Booker T! No one executes that move properly anymore. Booker goes for a splash but Savage puts the knees up. A weak headbutt on Booker by Savage causes nothing but pain for both. Savage walks into a drop toe hold. Bodyslam by Booker. Savage blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Randy Savage climbs to the top rope...but Booker gets back up, and climbs out onto the apron! Savage gets grabbed...and gets pressed from the top rope all the way to the outside, through the announcer's table! Booker climbs out with a microphone and asks Randy Savage...who has no choice but to quit! The impact of that last fall was too great. Booker T remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-29-2020, 09:14 PM   #30
Pro

March 15th 2001

We see X-Pac arriving backstage.

Segment Rating 3*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: Spinning back kick from Billy Kidman. Standing leg lariat by Billy Kidman on Liger. Kidman hits a dropkick on Jushin Thunder Liger and gets right back up. Implant DDT by Billy Kidman! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Jushin Thunder Liger fights out of a grapple. Hard back suplex on Kidman. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. SUPER frankensteiner on Kidman, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Hooks the leg for a two count. Kidman backdrops Jushin Thunder Liger out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Billy Kidman. Kidman crushes Liger with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Tiger suplex on Liger. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Pin, but Liger is out just before the three count. Liger flips out of a Billy Kidman bodyslam attempt. Liger hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Liger drops an elbow...but Billy Kidman moves out of the way. Kidman uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Jushin Thunder Liger gets whipped into the corner by Kidman, who charges in with a clothesline. Liger grabs the referee and pulls him in the way! The referee calls for the DQ as he collapses to the mat in pain. Jushin Thunder Liger gets out of the ring and walks off, having taken the cheap way out. Rey Misterio Jr. comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Rey Misterio Jr. spins Liger around. Rey Misterio Jr. hits the Flying Hurricanrana! Jushin Thunder Liger has been left down on the canvas.

Match Rating 4*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Evan Karagias. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 3.5*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Evan Karagias.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Karagias goes down. STIFF high kick on Karagias by Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Spin kick by Chavo Guerrero Jr. to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Chavo Guerrero Jr. hits a rolling kick on Karagias. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Karagias reverses a Chavo Guerrero Jr. hammerlock. Hard back suplex on Chavo. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Flying cross body off the top rope! Hooks the leg for a two count. Chavo flips out of a Evan Karagias bodyslam attempt. VICIOUS lightning kick by Chavo on Karagias. Hooks the leg for a two count. SHINING WIZARD~! on Karagias by Chavo! Pin, but Karagias is out just before the three count. Chavo Guerrero Jr. gets taken down out of nowhere! Evan Karagias kicks the leg, knocks Chavo down, and goes to work on it. Chavo blocks a kick from Evan Karagias. Chavo uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Evan Karagias is in trouble. Here it comes - Tornado DDT. 1....2...3, it's finished. Chavo Guerrero Jr. climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

The camera shows the outside of the locker room of Christopher Daniels. Sinister Minister appears, knocks, then enters, closing the door behind him.

Segment Rating 3*

Chris Candido vs Dean Malenko.

The Match: A Gut buster connects on Malenko and hits hard. Vicious back suplex! Dean Malenko got nailed big time! There's a two count on the pin. Dean Malenko powers out of a Chris Candido headlock. Standing leg lariat by Dean Malenko on Candido. Spin kick by Dean Malenko to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Covers for a quick two count. Candido walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Dean Malenko hits a rolling kick on Candido. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Candido blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Vicious back suplex! Dean Malenko got nailed big time! There's a two count on the pin. Malenko walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Big dropkick by Chris Candido, who got a ton of air on the move. STIFF high kick on Malenko by Chris Candido. Chris Candido misses a clothesline. Implant DDT by Dean Malenko! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Power drive elbow by Dean Malenko. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Dean Malenko has Chris Candido down on the canvas. Texas Clover Leaf!!! Chris Candido taps out! Dean Malenko climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Steven Richards is backstage with Tajiri. He hyped Tajiri up, talking about what he was going to do. That's what managers are paid for...

Segment Rating 3.5*

Christopher Daniels and Jushin Thunder Liger vs Filthy Animals.

The Match: Spin kick by Jushin Thunder Liger to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Liger crushes Rey Jr. with a running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Jushin Thunder Liger and Christopher Daniels. Daniels \ Liger whip Rey Jr. into the corner. Christopher Daniels whips Jushin Thunder Liger in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Implant DDT by Christopher Daniels! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Covers for a quick two count. Daniels hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Rey Misterio Jr. reverses a hip toss. Springboard dropkick from Rey Misterio Jr.. Nicely done. Tag to Billy Kidman. Kidman hits a dropkick on Christopher Daniels and gets right back up. Flying cross body off the top rope! Daniels counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Tag between Christopher Daniels and Jushin Thunder Liger. Super kick by Jushin Thunder Liger. Kidman walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! STIFF high kick on Kidman by Jushin Thunder Liger. Jushin Thunder Liger misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Kidman crushes Liger with a running senton. Billy Kidman has Jushin Thunder Liger down on the canvas and is ascending the corner. Off the top - Shooting Star Press, forget about it. 1....2...3! Filthy Animals remain in the ring, celebrating their victory.

Match Rating 4.5*

Steve Corino is backstage. He always delivers the promo goodness. He wanted to rip into Shane Helms. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 4*

Steve Corino vs Shane Helms.

The Match: Shane Helms strikes Corino. Shane Helms connects with a back heel kick on Corino and gets back up quickly. Hard back suplex on Corino. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Corino blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! A Gut buster connects on Helms and hits hard. Nice piledriver on Helms. Hooks the leg for a two count. Shane Helms comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Corino is down! There's a two count on the pin. Tiger suplex on Corino. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Corino ducks a wild right hand. STIFF~! chop lights up Helms who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Helms backdrops Steve Corino out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Shane Helms. Spin kick by Shane Helms to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Shane Helms moves in for the kill. Vertebreaker!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Shane Helms climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

X-Pac is in the ring, carrying the WCW Cruiserweight belt. Tajiri comes down and gets in the ring. After a few words, Tajiri grabs the belt and waffles the champion with it, knocking him out. Tajiri poses above him, the belt in his hands.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-30-2020, 10:45 PM   #31
Pro

March 19th 2001

Shane Helms is in the ring. Billy Gunn comes out, and challenges him to a match tonight. The challenge is accepted.

Segment Rating 3*

Billy Gunn vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Helms and Billy are currently feuding. Neither has managed to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW Television title. Shane Helms has been WCW Television champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Billy Gunn hits Helms. Billy Gunn strikes Shane Helms. Billy slams Shane Helms down. Helms is sure in trouble now. Weak bodyslam on Helms by Billy sets up a legdrop. Helms blocks a punch. Flying elbow from Shane Helms connects. Flying reverse elbow by Shane Helms. There's a two count on the pin. Billy Gunn elbows Shane Helms in the face to break a hammerlock. Powerslam from Billy Gunn on Helms. Covers for a quick two count. Sloppy discus punch from Billy Gunn barely connects on Helms. Pin, but Helms is out just before the three count. Shane Helms avoids a Billy Gunn avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Helms hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Billy counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Helms takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Road Dogg comes running down the aisle with a chair! Billy whips Shane Helms into the ropes. Road Dogg jumps onto the apron with the chair! Collision between Road Dogg, Helms, and the chair! Shane Helms staggers back into a roll up! 1...2...3! It's over! Billy Gunn shakes hands with Road Dogg, showing that their plan worked perfectly.

Match Rating 3.5*

Goldberg is in the ring, and he calls out Hulk Hogan. Hogan runs down and hits the ring, and they brawl all the way back into the aisle, and eventually out of sight backstage.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Goldberg vs Hulk Hogan.

The Match: Goldberg strikes away at Hulk Hogan, not doing much damage at all. Goldberg hits a right hand on Hulk Hogan and follows it up with a couple more. Goldberg hits a right hand on Hulk Hogan. Weak bodyslam on Hogan by Goldberg sets up a legdrop. Goldberg gets taken down out of nowhere! Goldberg takes a couple of weak clotheslines. Hogan hits a stump piledriver on Goldberg. Hooks the leg for a two count. Goldberg powers out of a Hulk Hogan headlock. Goldberg hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. Goldberg scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Goldberg charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Hulk Hogan connects with some weak punches on Goldberg. Hogan goes for a splash but Goldberg puts the knees up. Goldberg with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Hogan. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Goldberg moves in for the kill. Spear!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Goldberg goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Booker T is walking backstage, when he meets RVD. They trade insults, get in each others faces, but eventually walk off without coming to blows.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Scott Hall vs Sting.

The Match: Hall is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Sting misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Scott Hall connects with rights and lefts and Sting is down! Sting reverses an irish whip...and Scott Hall runs into the referee! Death valley driver by Scott Hall! No one executes that move properly anymore. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Sting avoids a Scott Hall avalanche by getting out of the damn way! BIG clothesline on Hall. Sting hits a bulldog off the ropes. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver by Sting! No one executes that move properly anymore. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Sting drops an elbow...but Scott Hall moves out of the way. Hall hits a piledriver on Sting. That used to end matches, you know. Pin, but Sting is out just before the three count. Sting comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Scott Hall gets knocked to the ground by Sting. Scorpion Deathlock!!! Scott Hall taps out! Sting remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Dean Malenko is in the ring, about to give an interview. Out from the crowd comes the debuting Rhino, who attacks. Dean Malenko is in trouble. Here it comes - GORE. Malenko has been laid out by Rhino.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Dean Malenko vs Rhino.

Match Background: Rhino is making his debut at this show. Malenko and Rhino have been feuding recently. Neither has managed to get an in-ring victory in this feud. Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Rhino hits some punches. How generic. Rhino scoops and slams Dean Malenko. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Dean Malenko by Rhino. Remember when that was a legit finish? Dean Malenko charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Dean Malenko reverses a hip toss. Malenko uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Spinning bulldog in the corner and Rhino is down! There's a two count on the pin. Rhino is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Rhino hits a piledriver on Dean Malenko. That used to end matches, you know. There's a two count on the pin. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Rhino connects and Dean Malenko is down! Pin, but Malenko is out just before the three count. Malenko blocks a punch. Malenko just WAFFLES Rhino with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Dean Malenko misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Flying shoulder tackle by Rhino sends Malenko CRASHING to the mat. Dean Malenko is in trouble. GORE! 1....2....3. Dean Malenko leaves and walks back down the aisle. Wait...Rhino comes running as well, and Malenko gets dropped with a clothesline, followed by a load of stomps. He is left lying in the aisle.

Match Rating 4*

Bulldog and The Anvil are backstage. They continued the feud by ripping into KroniK. Hooray for properly booked feuds!

Segment Rating 3*

KroniK vs Bulldog and The Anvil.

Match Background: KroniK are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. KroniK and Bulldog and The Anvil have been feuding recently. Neither team holds an in-ring victory since the feud started. KroniK are the reigning WCW Tag Team champions, and have been since 15 January 2001.

The Match: Adams slams Jim Neidhart down. Anvil is sure in trouble now. Powerslam from Brian Adams on Anvil. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Bryan Clarke. KroniK whip Anvil into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Running clothesline from Bryan Clarke was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Covers for a quick two count. A weak headbutt on Anvil by Clarke causes nothing but pain for both. Jim Neidhart pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Jim Neidhart connects with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Does everyone use that move these days? Tag between Jim Neidhart and British Bulldog. Clarke takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. British Bulldog hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Clarke pushes out of a British Bulldog hold. Clarke tags out to Brian Adams. Adams hits a piledriver on British Bulldog. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Adams DDTs British Bulldog. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! A weak headbutt on Bulldog by Adams causes nothing but pain for both. Brian Adams misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Powerslam from British Bulldog on Adams. Brian Adams is all alone...Double Powerslam!! 1....2....3! KroniK don't look like they're finished by any means...and they rush forward to attack Bulldog and The Anvil, and send them to the outside. Threats are exchanged as the chaos ends.

Match Rating 3.5*

Booker T is in the ring, carrying the WCW World belt. Rob Van Dam comes down and gets in the ring. After a few words, RVD grabs the belt and waffles the champion with it, knocking him out. Rob Van Dam poses above him, the belt in his hands.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Show Rating 3.5*

Last edited by WeirdViper; 09-30-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2020, 12:25 AM   #32
Pro

March 22nd 2001

X-Pac is in the ring. Tajiri comes out, and challenges him to a match at Greed. The challenge is accepted.

Segment Rating 3*

Evan Karagias is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Christopher Daniels. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 3*

Chris Candido vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: A Gut buster connects on Kidman and hits hard. Kidman takes a quick lariat. Covers for a quick two count. Kidman blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Kidman just WAFFLES Candido with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Second rope flying axe handle, Candido goes down. One day, Kidman might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. There's a two count on the pin. Back heel kick off the second rope, Candido goes down. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Kidman hits a dropkick on Chris Candido and gets right back up. Candido counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Lightning kick by Candido on Kidman. There's a two count on the pin. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Chris Candido, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Chris Candido snap suplexes Kidman HARD to the canvas! And again! A pair of clotheslines follow and...yep, Candido is a HOUSE...EN...FUEGO~! Back suplex on Kidman. Chris Candido misses a clothesline. Kidman hits a dropkick on Chris Candido and gets right back up. Tiger suplex on Candido. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Chris Candido gets knocked to the ground by Kidman, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Shooting Star Press!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Billy Kidman climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Bret Hart is backstage, and announces that at Greed we will see X-Pac and Tajiri fight one on one.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. is backstage. He wanted to rip into Rey Misterio Jr.. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Shane Helms.

The Match: Liger walks into a high dropkick from Shane Helms, almost losing several teeth in the process. Shane Helms misses a clothesline. Liger hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Helms reverses an irish whip...and Jushin Thunder Liger runs into the referee! Power drive elbow by Jushin Thunder Liger. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Cover, but there's no one to count for Jushin Thunder Liger! Helms counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Shane Helms hits a rolling kick on Liger. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Flying cross body off the top rope! Hooks the leg for a two count. Power drive elbow by Shane Helms. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Liger pushes out of a Shane Helms hold. Lightning kick by Liger on Helms. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Helms powers out of a headlock. Shane Helms moves in for the kill. Nightmare On Helms Street!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Shane Helms remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4.5*

Christopher Daniels is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Evan Karagias. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 4*

Christopher Daniels vs Evan Karagias.

The Match: Daniels takes a flying neckbreaker from Evan Karagias. Super kick by Evan Karagias. There's a two count on the pin. Daniels backdrops Evan Karagias out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Christopher Daniels. STIFF high kick on Karagias by Christopher Daniels. Flying elbow from Christopher Daniels connects. Hooks the leg for a two count. Karagias walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Flying elbow from Christopher Daniels connects. Karagias pushes out of a Christopher Daniels hold. Lightning kick by Karagias on Daniels. There's a two count on the pin. Power drive elbow by Evan Karagias. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Evan Karagias kicks the leg, knocks Daniels down, and goes to work on it. Christopher Daniels comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Daniels uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Vicious chokeslam byChristopher Daniels! I'd compare it to Akira Taue, but then that would start another argument on the TSM Forums. Evan Karagias grabs Christopher Daniels from behind and shoves him into the ropes, then scores with a roll-up...but Daniels rolls through with the move! He used a pull of the tights to get Karagias over! 1....2...3! The referee was out of position and didn't see it! Christopher Daniels goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4.5*

Rey Misterio Jr. is backstage. He wanted to rip into Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Rey Misterio Jr..

The Match: THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Rey Jr. crushes Chavo with a sweet running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Chavo ducks a wild right hand. Chavo Guerrero Jr. strikes Rey Jr.. Spin kick by Chavo Guerrero Jr. to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Covers for a quick two count. Back heel kick off the second rope, Rey Jr. goes down. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Rey Jr. reverses a Chavo Guerrero Jr. hammerlock. Springboard reverse elbow by Rey Misterio Jr.. Excellent move. Looks like Muta has giving out lessons. Covers for a quick two count. DDT from the top rope by Rey Misterio Jr.. That looked KILLER! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Chavo. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Standing leg lariat by Rey Misterio Jr. on Chavo. Rey Jr. goes for a splash but Chavo puts the knees up. Flying elbow from Chavo Guerrero Jr. connects. Springboard dropkick from Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Nicely done. Rey Misterio Jr. tries to get a big slam, but it is blocked when Chavo goes to the eyes! Chavo Guerrero Jr. quickly scores with a field-goal kick between the legs! Rey Misterio Jr. collapses! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! Rey Misterio Jr. got screwed! Chavo Guerrero Jr. climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Tajiri and X-Pac are in the ring on opposite sides of a table, about to sign a contract to face each other in an upcoming match. Tajiri signs it. X-Pac also signs it, but is immediately attacked by Tajiri, who drives the table into his ribs. X-Pac is in trouble. Kick Of Death! Tajiri walks off, having won this battle.

Segment Rating 3*

Show Rating 3.5*

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »