Home

WCW Saved from the Ashes

This is a discussion on WCW Saved from the Ashes within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
WCW Saved from the Ashes

January 1st 2001

Speculation has been growing for months of the financial troubles of WCW, once on top of the wrestling world, the company is now near closing the door, and even some rumors that its biggest rival WWE has been circling for an opportunity to buy out its competitor.

BUT, as the world brings in the new year, it also brings in new opportunities and there are reports that 2 investors have stepped up and purchased WCW, not just the library, or the branding, but everything and are committed to reigniting the once great company not just back to its former glory but to new heights never imagined.

Now no names have been revealed to who these 2 individuals are, but word has been put out that on the first Nitro of the new year, one of the two investors will open the show, and the other will be there to close the show.

Also in a move to help create more opportunities, these investors have announced that Thunder on Tuesday's will now be an exclusive Cruiserweight show. Now to be clear, cruiserweights can still appear on Nitro, but Thursday's show will be exclusive for them to showcase what they can do.

So January 1st 2001, tune into TNT at Primetime to see the beginning of the rise from ashes of WCW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2020, 10:52 PM   #2
Pro

Re: WCW Saved from the Ashes

Co-Owners: Ted Dibiase & Bret Hart

Roster:

Spoiler

Stables:

Spoiler

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Spoiler

WCW United States Championship

Spoiler

WCW Television Championship

Spoiler

WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Spoiler

WCW Tag Team Championship

Spoiler

Last edited by WeirdViper; 10-06-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ewr or 2k?
Old 09-06-2020, 11:56 PM   #4
Pro

January 1st 2001
Upcoming PPV: Sin January 28th 2001

Prior to tonight's episode of Nito, the following statement has been released:

"WCW officials have decided, to represent this new era, and this new year, effective immediately, ALL WCW Championships are vacated, and we will see over the coming weeks who steps up and takes these opportunities.

Also, WCW has reinvested in the future, putting a lot of money into their developmental program known as "The Powerplant", and has sent some known WCW faces back to hone their craft, as well as sign some new talent to develop who will debut in the coming months.

But WCW also knows the history of its company is important, so expect to see some familiar faces pop up going forward, atleast in the short term"

Show:

Ted DiBiase comes out from the back, making his debut tonight. He takes the microphone and makes it clear that he is in a position of power.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Harlem Heat vs Steiner Brothers vs The Rhodes.

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout. Harlem Heat are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Steiner Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Dusty and Rhodes are teaming up as The Rhodes for the first time tonight.

The Match: Poppa Pump receives some punishment by Dusty Rhodes but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Scott Steiner takes a right hand to the temple from Dusty. Dusty tags out to Booker T. Flying shoulder tackle by Booker sends Poppa Pump CRASHING to the mat. Hooks the leg for a two count. Poppa Pump counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Tag between Scott Steiner and Rick Steiner. Steiner Brothers hook up Booker, then hit a double suplex. Tag between Booker T and Stevie Ray. Ray strikes away at Rick Steiner, not doing much damage at all. Powerslam from Stevie Ray on Steiner. Tag between Rick Steiner and Dustin Rhodes. Big kick from Ray staggers Rhodes but that's about it. Rhodes counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Stevie Ray is in trouble. Here it comes - Shattered Dreams. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Match Rating 3.5*

KroniK are backstage. They hyped themselves up, talking about what a great team they are, even going as far as calling themselves the greatest tag team in the world today.

Segment Rating 3*

Lance Storm vs Mike Sanders.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Lance Storm connects with a back heel kick on Sanders and gets back up quickly. Sanders powers out of a headlock. Storm gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Sanders! Lance Storm charges, Sanders moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Mike Sanders plants Storm with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Storm blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. SUPER frankensteiner on Sanders, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. There's a two count on the pin. Springboard dropkick from Lance Storm. Nicely done. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Sanders kicks Lance Storm in the gut to reverse the momentum. Gutwrench into a powerbomb, aka the Doctor Bomb and Storm hits hard. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Lance Storm once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Lance Storm has Mike Sanders down on the canvas. Here it comes...Canadian Maple Leaf! Mike Sanders taps! Lance Storm climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 2.5*

Curt Hennig is backstage. He got on THE STICK~! and spent the interview putting himself over.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Randy Savage vs Rob Van Dam.

Match Background: Savage is making his debut at this show. RVD is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Rob Van Dam connects with a back heel kick on Savage and gets back up quickly. RVD just WAFFLES Savage with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Savage takes a flying neckbreaker from Rob Van Dam. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Savage counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Randy Savage strikes Rob Van Dam with a hard blow. Weak bodyslam by Savage. Covers for a quick two count. Savage drops an elbow...but Rob Van Dam moves out of the way. Flying cross body off the top rope! There's a two count on the pin. Tiger suplex on Savage. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Pin, but Savage is out just before the three count. Randy Savage fights out of a grapple. A weak headbutt on RVD by Savage causes nothing but pain for both. RVD ducks a wild right hand. Implant DDT by Rob Van Dam! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Rob Van Dam floors Randy Savage...and climbs the turnbuckles. Five Star Frog Splash!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Rob Van Dam goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Shane Douglas is backstage. He got on THE STICK~! and put himself over, talking about how great he is. I wonder if he's a mark for himself.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Diamond Dallas Page vs Jeff Jarrett.

The Match: Diamond Dallas Page strikes Jeff Jarrett with a hard blow. Big clothesline from DDP. There's a two count on the pin. Jeff Jarrett once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Diamond Dallas Page just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Jarrett. Stun Gun from Jeff Jarrett! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Covers for a quick two count. Belly to belly off the top rope! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Stun Gun from Jeff Jarrett! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Diamond Dallas Page comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Diamond Dallas Page DDTs Jarrett, but it just looked terrible. There's a two count on the pin. Sloppy discus punch from Diamond Dallas Page barely connects on Jarrett. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! DDP slams Jeff Jarrett down. Jarrett is sure in trouble now. Diamond Dallas Page hits a right hand on Jeff Jarrett and follows it up with a couple more. Jeff Jarrett powers out of a Diamond Dallas Page headlock. DDP tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! by Jarrett who held onto that one for ages. Diamond Dallas Page slugs Jeff Jarrett, sending him down into the corner. While DDP fires up the crowd, Jarrett is removing the turnbuckle pad! Diamond Dallas Page comes over...but Jarrett grabs him by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot Diamond Dallas Page face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! Jeff Jarrett rolls up the stunned Diamond Dallas Page: 1....2...3! How did the referee not see that? Jeff Jarrett remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Bret Hart comes out from the back, making his debut tonight. He takes the microphone and makes it clear that he is in a position of power.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Goldberg vs Ric Flair vs Sting.

Match Background: This will be a triangle bout.

The Match: Sting gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Flair! Flair drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Goldberg. Sting fights out of a grapple. BAAACK Body drop by Flair gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Goldberg hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Pin, but Sting is out just before the three count. Vertical suplex by Ric Flair. Goldberg counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Sting \ Goldberg whip Flair into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. High Angle DDT by Sting just SPIKES Ric Flair down! A weak headbutt on Sting by Goldberg causes nothing but pain for both. Sting pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Ric Flair by Sting. Remember when that was a legit finish? Sting floors Ric Flair. Scorpion Deathlock!!! Ric Flair taps out!

Match Rating 4*

Ted DiBiase is in the ring, and announces a new stable, nWo. On cue, Hogan, Hall, and Nash, with Hulk Hogan seemingly the leader of the group. nWo hit the ring and play to the crowd for a while.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-07-2020, 10:11 PM   #5
Pro

January 4th 2001

Tonight, WCW wants to present a historic show for the first exclusive Cruiserweight edition of Thunder. So tonight we will see 4 singles matches take place, the winners of those matches will go on to the main event to face off in a 4 way elimination match to win the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.

Billy Kidman is backstage. Why Billy Kidman? Oh, I've got an idea! Let's hire someone with even LESS charisma that they could have interviewed! He wanted to rip into Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 2*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: Chavo Guerrero Jr. strikes Kidman. Kidman counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Spinning back kick from Billy Kidman. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Tor-NADO DDT from Billy Kidman, Chavo got planted! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Chavo flips out of a Billy Kidman bodyslam attempt. Hard back suplex on Kidman. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Kidman is down. There's a two count on the pin. Back heel kick off the second rope and Kidman goes flying! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Kidman reverses a waistlock. Flying cross body off the top rope! Pin, but Chavo is out just before the three count. Chavo blocks a kick from Billy Kidman. Kidman scores with a forearm, sending Chavo down into the corner. The referee pulls Billy Kidman away to get the break. Wait! Chavo has pulled something out of his tights. Billy Kidman walks over...and gets floored by a punch! 1....2....3! The referee never saw the brass knuckles! Chavo Guerrero Jr. remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3*

Steve Corino is backstage. I'm actually looking forward to this and you should too! He wanted to rip into Rey Misterio Jr.. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Rey Misterio Jr. vs Steve Corino.

Match Background: Corino is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Stun Gun from Steve Corino! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Doctor Bomb connects and Rey Jr. landed hard. Covers for a quick two count. Rey Jr. counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Rey Misterio Jr. strikes Corino. Spin kick by Rey Misterio Jr. to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Covers for a quick two count. Springboard dropkick from Rey Misterio Jr.. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Hard back suplex on Corino. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Corino reverses a Rey Misterio Jr. hammerlock. Steve Corino hits a bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Steve Corino just KILLS Rey Misterio Jr.! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Vertical suplex by Steve Corino. STIFF~! chop lights up Rey Jr. who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Corino goes for a splash but Rey Jr. puts the knees up. Flying elbow from Rey Misterio Jr. connects. SHINING WIZARD~! on Corino by Rey Jr.! Rey Misterio Jr. moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Flying Hurricanrana. 1....2...3, it's finished. Rey Misterio Jr. remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

Shane Helms is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Jushin Thunder Liger. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 3*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Liger is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Helms goes down. Spinning back kick from Jushin Thunder Liger. Second rope flying axe handle, Helms goes down. One day, Liger might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Implant DDT by Jushin Thunder Liger! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Helms blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Hard back suplex on Liger. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Liger pushes out of a Shane Helms hold. Flying reverse elbow by Jushin Thunder Liger. Hooks the leg for a two count. Springboard dropkick from Jushin Thunder Liger. Nicely done. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Shane Helms powers out of a Jushin Thunder Liger headlock. Helms just WAFFLES Liger with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Jushin Thunder Liger comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Shane Helms can barely stand. Liger Bomb! 1....2....3. Jushin Thunder Liger climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Tammy Sytch is backstage with Chris Candido. She put Candido over, talking about how great he is. Next World Champion, greatest wrestler alive today, yada yada yada.

Segment Rating 2.5*

Chris Candido vs Tajiri.

Match Background: Tajiri is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Double arm suplex by Chris Candido connects as Tajiri hits hard. Tajiri takes a back suplex. Tajiri takes a flying neckbreaker from Chris Candido. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Candido. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Tajiri flips out of a Chris Candido bodyslam attempt. Spin kick by Tajiri to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Chris Candido pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Vicious back suplex! Tajiri got nailed big time! Hooks the leg for a two count. Belly to belly off the top rope! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Tajiri counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Candido walks into a high dropkick from Tajiri, almost losing several teeth in the process. Chris Candido comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Tajiri gets caught with a short powerbomb from Candido. Tammy Sytch is at ringside! Tajiri wastes valuable time by yelling at Tammy! Chris Candido takes advantage of the distraction and nails Tajiri from behind! Chris Candido moves in for the kill. Frankensteiner!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Chris Candido remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

A video is played, hyping the upcoming Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Chris Candido vs Jushin Thunder Liger vs Rey Misterio Jr. match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Chris Candido vs Jushin Thunder Liger vs Rey Misterio Jr..

Match Background: This will be an elimination bout. Liger is making his debut at this show. This match is for the WCW Cruiserweight title.

The Match: Candido walks into a high dropkick from Rey Misterio Jr., almost losing several teeth in the process. Implant DDT by Rey Misterio Jr.! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Chris Candido reverses a hip toss. Candido tags out to Jushin Thunder Liger. Second rope flying axe handle, Rey Jr. goes down. One day, Liger might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Rey Jr. reverses an irish whip...and Jushin Thunder Liger runs into the referee! Rey Jr. walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Cover, but there's no one to count for Jushin Thunder Liger! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Rey Misterio Jr. reverses a hip toss. Tag between Rey Misterio Jr. and Chavo Guerrero Jr.. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Liger is down. Second rope flying axe handle, Liger goes down. One day, Chavo might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Chavo Guerrero Jr. misses a clothesline. Jushin Thunder Liger hits a rolling kick on Chavo. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Power drive elbow by Jushin Thunder Liger. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. ONE...TWO...THREE. Liger defeats Chavo. Back suplex on Liger. Liger takes a flying neckbreaker from Chris Candido. There's a two count on the pin. Liger takes a quick lariat. Pin, but Liger is out just before the three count. Jushin Thunder Liger pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Tiger suplex on Candido. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Tag between Jushin Thunder Liger and Rey Misterio Jr.. SHINING WIZARD~! on Candido by Rey Jr.! Cover gets three for Rey Misterio Jr., Candido got pinned. Rey Misterio Jr. strikes Liger. Rey Misterio Jr. misses a clothesline. Lightning kick by Liger on Rey Jr.. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Rey Jr. blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Hard back suplex on Liger. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Jushin Thunder Liger can barely stand. Flying Hurricanrana!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Match Rating 3.5*

Rey Misterio Jr. is in the ring, and he has a short celebration ceremony after his recent success.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #6
Pro

January 8th 2001

Bret Hart makes his to the ring, and takes a microphone. He announces the signing of a brand new tag team, Bulldog and The Anvil. They come out and climb into the ring. They play to the crowd as Hitman looks on.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Bulldog and The Anvil vs Steiner Brothers.

Match Background: Bulldog is making his debut at this show. Anvil is making his debut at this show. Bulldog and Anvil are teaming up as Bulldog and The Anvil for the first time tonight. Steiner Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: British Bulldog hits a right hand on Rick Steiner and follows it up with a couple more. British Bulldog strikes Rick Steiner with a hard blow. Hooks the leg for a two count. Bulldog tags out to Jim Neidhart. Bulldog and The Anvil whip Steiner into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Hooks the leg for a two count. Jim Neidhart punches away at Rick Steiner. Steiner pushes out of a Jim Neidhart hold. Rick Steiner hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Covers for a quick two count. Steiner tags out to Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Scott Steiner hits a right hand on Jim Neidhart. Anvil kicks Scott Steiner in the gut to reverse the momentum. Jim Neidhart hits a weak elbow on Scott Steiner. Anvil tags out to British Bulldog. A weak headbutt on Poppa Pump by Bulldog causes nothing but pain for both. Tag to Rick Steiner. Rick Steiner takes a right hand to the temple from Bulldog. Rick Steiner is in big trouble...Double Powerslam!! 1....2....3! Bulldog and The Anvil climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

Match Rating 3*

Backstage, a crowd is forming around Scott Hall, who has been knocked unconscious and left down and out. Paramedics come over to help, although nobody seems to know who was responsible for the attack.

Segment Rating 3*

Goldberg vs Shawn Stasiak.

The Match: Stasiak hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Goldberg hits Stasiak. Uninspired brawling from Goldberg. Covers for a quick two count. Weak bodyslam on Stasiak by Goldberg sets up a legdrop. Hooks the leg for a two count. Stasiak ducks a wild right hand. Goldberg gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. There's a two count on the pin. Spear by Shawn Stasiak. Goldberg blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Goldberg DDTs Shawn Stasiak. Goldberg moves in for the kill. Jackhammer! 1....2....3. Goldberg goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Booker T is backstage. He was out there to hype a match against Jeff Jarrett. Good way to get the fans interested in what is coming up.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Buff Bagwell vs Curt Hennig.

The Match: Buff takes a back suplex. Buff ducks a wild right hand. Uninspired brawling from Buff Bagwell. Buff Bagwell misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! Flapjack from Buff on Hennig. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Curt Hennig fights out of a grapple. Buff tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Buff walks into a jaw breaker. Covers for a quick two count. Belly to belly off the top rope! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Curt Hennig misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Weak bodyslam by Buff. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Curt Hennig elbows Buff Bagwell in the face to break a hammerlock. Buff Bagwell is in trouble. Hennig Plex!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Curt Hennig remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3*

Backstage, a crowd is forming around Kevin Nash, who has been knocked unconscious and left down and out. Paramedics come over to help, although nobody seems to know who was responsible for the attack.

Segment Rating 4*

Jeff Jarrett vs Booker T.

The Match: Booker T connects with rights and lefts and Jeff Jarrett is down! Booker drops an elbow...but Jeff Jarrett moves out of the way. Booker takes a headbutt from Jeff Jarrett. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Jeff Jarrett. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Booker counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Jeff Jarrett by Booker. Remember when that was a legit finish? Booker hits a piledriver on Jeff Jarrett. That used to end matches, you know. Hooks the leg for a two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Booker T just KILLS Jeff Jarrett! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Jeff Jarrett comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Jeff Jarrett hits a stalling suplex on Booker. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Booker T is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Jeff Jarrett is in trouble. Here it comes - Book End. 1....2...3, it's finished. Booker T climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Road Warrior Animal is in the ring. KroniK come out and attack, beating him down 2-on-1. Out of the crowd comes Road Warrior Hawk, making his debut. He slides in and joins the fight, taking on KroniK. Road Warrior Animal fights back too, and between them they send KroniK out of the ring.

Segment Rating 3*

KroniK vs Road Warriors.

Match Background: Hawk is making his debut at this show. Road Warriors are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Uninspired brawling from Road Warrior Hawk. Road Warrior Hawk strikes Brian Adams with a hard blow. Hooks the leg for a two count. Hawk tags out to Road Warrior Animal. Road Warriors whip Adams into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Covers for a quick two count. Weak bodyslam on Adams by Animal sets up a legdrop. Brian Adams once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Brian Adams hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Brian Adams and Bryan Clarke. Bryan Clarke hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Weak bodyslam on Animal by Clarke sets up a legdrop. Road Warrior Animal is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Clarke gets splashed in the corner. Animal tags out to Road Warrior Hawk. Road Warrior Hawk strikes Bryan Clarke. Tag to Brian Adams. Running clothesline from Road Warrior Hawk was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Brian Adams is in big trouble...Doomsday Device!! 1....2....3! Road Warriors go into the crowd, where they celebrate their win.

Match Rating 3.5*

Hulk Hogan is in the ring, when suddenly 3 people rush the ring and beat him down. Road Dogg seems to be the leader of the group with Billy Gunn and X-Pac, calling the shots. He takes the microphone and announces that they are called Degenerates, before leading the group away.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #7
Pro

January 11th 2001

Bret Hart is backstage, and announces that tonight we will see Rey Misterio Jr. and Jushin Thunder Liger fight one on one.

Segment Rating 4*

X-Pac is in the ring, and makes an open challenge for anyone to come out and face him. Out from the back comes the debuting Dean Malenko. He hits the ring and attacks. Dean Malenko floors X-Pac. X-Pac gets locked in the Texas Clover Leaf! X-Pac goes limp! X-Pac got beaten down by the debuting Dean Malenko.

Segment Rating 3*

X-Pac vs Dean Malenko.

Match Background: Malenko is making his debut at this show.

The Match: Spin kick by Dean Malenko to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Flying cross body off the top rope! Hooks the leg for a two count. Malenko goes for a splash but X-Pac puts the knees up. X-Pac just WAFFLES Malenko with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! X-Pac hits a rolling kick on Malenko. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Covers for a quick two count. Springboard dropkick from X-Pac. Nicely done. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Hard back suplex on Malenko. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Dean Malenko fights out of a grapple. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Tiger suplex on X-Pac. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Malenko uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Malenko hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. X-Pac avoids a Dean Malenko avalanche by getting out of the damn way! X-Pac hits a dropkick on Dean Malenko and gets right back up. Tiger suplex on Malenko. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Dean Malenko hooks up a suplex, but it is blocked. X-Pac scores with a low blow, then turns it into a small package! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! Dean Malenko got screwed out of the victory! X-Pac goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 2.5*

Tammy Sytch is backstage with Chris Candido. Candido doesn't really need Tammy Sytch as a mouthpiece, he's better at interviews. It's like putting Paul Heyman with Kurt Angle. It wasn't necessary. Tammy Sytch was on hype duty tonight, this time for a match between Chris Candido and Tajiri. I hope it's good...

Segment Rating 3*

Chris Candido vs Tajiri.

The Match: Candido drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Tajiri. Tajiri ducks a wild right hand. Candido walks into a high dropkick from Tajiri, almost losing several teeth in the process. The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Springboard dropkick from Tajiri. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Candido counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Tajiri takes a butterfly suplex from Candido. Candido crushes Tajiri with a running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Power drive elbow by Chris Candido. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Tajiri counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Lightning kick by Tajiri on Candido. Pin, but Candido is out just before the three count. Candido blocks a punch. Tammy Sytch is at ringside! Tajiri wastes valuable time by yelling at Tammy! Chris Candido takes advantage of the distraction and nails Tajiri from behind! Tajiri is in trouble. Frankensteiner! 1....2....3. Chris Candido smiles and walks over and shakes hands with Tammy Sytch, thanking her for interfering and helping win this match.

Match Rating 3.5*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. is walking backstage, when he meets Shane Helms. They trade insults, get in each others faces, but eventually walk off without coming to blows.

Segment Rating 3*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Shane Helms.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Helms by Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Shane Helms comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Spinning back kick from Shane Helms. The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Chavo walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Chavo blocks a kick from Shane Helms. Chavo hits a dropkick on Shane Helms and gets right back up. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Chavo. Hooks the leg for a two count. Back heel kick off the second rope and Helms goes flying! Pin, but Helms is out just before the three count. Helms reverses a waistlock. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Chavo is down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Shane Helms misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Shane Helms slugs Chavo Guerrero Jr., sending him down into the corner. While Helms fires up the crowd, Chavo is removing the turnbuckle pad! Shane Helms comes over...but Chavo grabs him by the tights and uses the leverage to slingshot Shane Helms face first into the exposed steel turnbuckle! Chavo Guerrero Jr. rolls up the stunned Shane Helms, and even puts his feet on the second rope to add insult to injury! 1....2...3! What a display of cheating from Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Chavo Guerrero Jr. goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Steve Corino is backstage. I'm actually looking forward to this and you should too! He was out there to hype a match against Billy Kidman. Good way to get the fans interested in what is coming up.

Segment Rating 4*

Steve Corino vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: Stun Gun from Steve Corino! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Nice piledriver on Kidman. Covers for a quick two count. Corino drops an elbow...but Billy Kidman moves out of the way. Billy Kidman kicks the leg, knocks Corino down, and goes to work on it. Kidman uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Covers for a quick two count. Tor-NADO DDT from Billy Kidman, Corino got planted! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Kidman goes for a splash but Corino puts the knees up. Nice piledriver on Kidman. Hooks the leg for a two count. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Steve Corino, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Billy Kidman takes a butterfly suplex from Corino. Corino hits a right hand. Corino drops an elbow...but Billy Kidman moves out of the way. Billy Kidman hits a rolling kick on Corino. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Power drive elbow by Billy Kidman. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Steve Corino gets knocked to the ground by Kidman, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Shooting Star Press!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Billy Kidman goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Rey Misterio Jr. is backstage. He wanted to rip into Jushin Thunder Liger. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Rey Misterio Jr. vs Jushin Thunder Liger.

Match Background: Rey Misterio Jr. is the reigning WCW Cruiserweight champion, and has been since 04 January 2001.

The Match: Rey Jr. takes a flying neckbreaker from Jushin Thunder Liger. Rey Jr. takes a NICE hurrancarana from Jushin Thunder Liger. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rey Misterio Jr. avoids a Jushin Thunder Liger avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Rey Jr. just WAFFLES Liger with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Hard back suplex on Liger. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Covers for a quick two count. Back heel kick off the second rope and Liger goes flying! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Jushin Thunder Liger reverses a hip toss. Liger crushes Rey Jr. with a running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Power drive elbow by Jushin Thunder Liger. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Implant DDT by Jushin Thunder Liger! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Rey Jr. goes down. Rey Jr. reverses a Jushin Thunder Liger hammerlock. Rey Jr. uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! SHINING WIZARD~! on Liger by Rey Jr.! Jushin Thunder Liger can barely stand. Flying Hurricanrana!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Rey Misterio Jr. remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-10-2020, 10:59 PM   #8
Pro

January 15th 2001

Tonight, on Monday Nitro, WCW will crown its new tag team champions, as in the main event we will see 4 teams compete in a 4 way Elimination Match for the current Vacant WCW Tag Team Championship!

Booker T vs Rob Van Dam.

The Match: RVD is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Booker hits a right hand. Bodyslam by Booker. Booker slams Rob Van Dam down and motions to the crowd. RVD counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Booker takes a flying neckbreaker from Rob Van Dam. VICIOUS lightning kick by RVD on Booker. Hooks the leg for a two count. Booker T pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Nice piledriver on RVD. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver by Booker T! No one executes that move properly anymore. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! RVD powers out of a headlock. RVD hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Rob Van Dam misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Running knee lift from Booker T. Rob Van Dam can barely stand. Book End! 1....2....3. Booker T climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

A black stretch limo pulls up outside the arena, and out steps Paul Heyman, making his first appearance in the promotion. He looks around, then heads toward the locker room.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Diamond Dallas Page vs Sean O'Haire.

The Match: Sean O'Haire hits some punches. How generic. O'Haire just WAFFLES DDP with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! BAAACK Body drop by DDP gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Flying shoulder tackle by O'Haire sends DDP CRASHING to the mat. DDP counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Diamond Dallas Page hits a right hand on Sean O'Haire. Diamond Dallas Page hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. O'Haire counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Spinebuster by Sean O'Haire. Hooks the leg for a two count. Death valley driver by Sean O'Haire! No one executes that move properly anymore. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Diamond Dallas Page comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. O'Haire hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Sean O'Haire once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Diamond Dallas Page by O'Haire. Remember when that was a legit finish? Sean O'Haire gets whipped into the corner. DDP charges in, but into a pair of raised boots. O'Haire uses a roll up, with feet on the second rope! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! Sean O'Haire remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

The camera shows the outside of the locker room of Ted DiBiase. Paul Heyman appears, knocks, then enters, closing the door behind him.

Segment Rating 4*

Curt Hennig vs Jeff Jarrett.

The Match: Curt Hennig connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Curt Hennig connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. A Gut buster connects on Jarrett and hits hard. Stun Gun from Curt Hennig! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Jarrett flips out of a Curt Hennig bodyslam attempt. Flying shoulder tackle by Jarrett sends Hennig CRASHING to the mat. Gutwrench into a powerbomb, aka the Doctor Bomb and Hennig hits hard. There's a two count on the pin. Hennig flips out of a Jeff Jarrett bodyslam attempt. Jarrett takes a quick lariat. Covers for a quick two count. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Curt Hennig, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Jeff Jarrett reverses a hip toss. Big forearm by Jeff Jarrett makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Hennig counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Hennig. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Curt Hennig moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Hennig Plex. 1....2...3, it's finished. Curt Hennig climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

The 3 members of Degenerates are backstage. They spent the interview talking about how great they are. I can do that too, you know. If I wanted to hear someone else do it, I'd go rent a crappy shoot interview.

Segment Rating 3*

Sting vs Scott Hall.

The Match: STIFF~! chop lights up Sting who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Sting takes a headbutt from Scott Hall. Scott Hall with a spinning neckbreaker on Sting. Scott Hall with a spinning neckbreaker on Sting. Sting ducks a wild right hand. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Scott Hall by Sting. Remember when that was a legit finish? Massive backbreaker on Hall and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. There's a two count on the pin. Hall counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Massive backbreaker on Sting and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. There's a two count on the pin. High Angle DDT by Scott Hall just SPIKES Sting down! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Hall drops an elbow...but Sting moves out of the way. Sting scoops and slams Scott Hall. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Scott Hall reverses a hip toss. BIG clothesline on Sting. Kevin Nash comes running down the aisle with a chair! Hall and Sting continue fighting, unaware of the intrusion. Kevin Nash slides in and blasts Sting with a chair to the head! Nash climbs out of the ring, the damage done! Sting is in trouble. Here it comes - Outsider's Edge. 1....2...3, it's finished. Hall and Nash put the boots to Sting, stomping away on him.

Match Rating 4*

Bulldog and The Anvil are backstage. They got on THE STICK~! and spent the interview putting themselves over as a well-oiled machine.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Randy Savage vs Ric Flair.

The Match: Stun Gun from Ric Flair! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Savage walks into a jaw breaker. There's a two count on the pin. Savage blocks a punch. Savage strikes away at Ric Flair, not doing much damage at all. Randy Savage hits a right hand on Ric Flair. Hooks the leg for a two count. Randy Savage turns Flair inside-out with a clothesline. Reminds me of Willow's 'Bored Now' skin ripping finisher. Inside joke, don't worry about it. Pin, but Flair is out just before the three count. Savage slams Ric Flair down. Flair is sure in trouble now. Ric Flair is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Massive back suplex! Randy Savage got snapped in half, but not literally because that would just end the match now wouldn't it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Ric Flair brings out a jumping powerbomb to nearly murder Savage in the ring! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Savage gets caught with a short powerbomb from Flair. Ric Flair connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Savage pushes out of a Ric Flair hold. Flair gets splashed in the corner. Randy Savage scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Randy Savage floors Ric Flair...and climbs the turnbuckles. Savage Elbow!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Randy Savage goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

KroniK are backstage. They hyped themselves up, talking about what a great team they are, even going as far as calling themselves the greatest tag team in the world today.

Segment Rating 3*

KroniK vs Bulldog and The Anvil vs The Rhodes vs Steiner Brothers.

Match Background: This will be an elimination bout. KroniK are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Steiner Brothers are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This match is for the WCW Tag Team titles.

The Match: Steiner takes a headbutt from Dustin Rhodes. Flying shoulder tackle by Rhodes sends Steiner CRASHING to the mat. Tag between Dustin Rhodes and Dusty Rhodes. Uninspired brawling from Dusty Rhodes. There's a two count on the pin. Rick Steiner comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Steiner tags out to Brian Adams. Running clothesline from Brian Adams was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Brian Adams hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Tag to Bryan Clarke. KroniK whip Dusty into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Hooks the leg for a two count. Dusty Rhodes comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Dusty Rhodes strikes Bryan Clarke. Tag to Jim Neidhart. Big forearm by Anvil draws laughter from the crowd because it was THAT bad. Hooks the leg for a two count. Clarke tags out to Dusty Rhodes. Dusty Rhodes hits Anvil. Anvil blocks a punch. Anvil hits a stump piledriver on Dusty Rhodes. The ref gets into position, administers the three count, and it's over. Jim Neidhart pins Dusty. Uninspired brawling from Scott Steiner. Scott Steiner scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Tag between Scott Steiner and Brian Adams. Anvil takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Adams tags out to Rick Steiner. Weak bodyslam by Steiner. Rick Steiner scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Cover gets three for Rick Steiner, Anvil got pinned. Bryan Clarke turns Steiner inside-out with a clothesline. Reminds me of Willow's 'Bored Now' skin ripping finisher. Inside joke, don't worry about it. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Steiner takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Rick Steiner fights out of a grapple. Clarke gets splashed in the corner. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag between Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner. Steiner Brothers whip Clarke into the corner. Rick Steiner whips Scott Steiner in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Poppa Pump slams Bryan Clarke down. Clarke is sure in trouble now. Clarke counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Tag to Brian Adams. Adams hits a piledriver on Scott Steiner. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Brian Adams turns Poppa Pump inside-out with a clothesline. Reminds me of Willow's 'Bored Now' skin ripping finisher. Inside joke, don't worry about it. Brian Adams moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Full Nelson Bomb. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Match Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3.5*

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »