Home

A Nascar Career | NASCAR 21: Ignition

This is a discussion on A Nascar Career | NASCAR 21: Ignition within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
A Nascar Career | NASCAR 21: Ignition

So I saw that CD Keys had the PC version of Nascar 21 Ignition for $7.50. So took a chance on it and have since raced 5 career races. It's not perfect and nowhere near as good as NR2003 but I don't really have the time to commit to practicing, and setting up wheel/pedals so was looking for more of a casual racer to race with the controller.

I ran the first 5 races with damage but the damage modeling seems extremely flawed, for example, I flipped the car at Daytona RC and was somehow still able to flip it over and finish the race. And in the replay at the end, the car looked brand new. LOL SO, I may just turn off damage.

So...on to the career. I have decided to start with one of the bottom 4 teams and work my way up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2022, 08:53 PM   #2
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Re: A Nascar Career | NASCAR 21: Ignition

Disappointing start to the season for the MBM Motorsports and the young driver. "We just never really had speed today" said MBM Motorsports driver Jeffrey Everroad after the race. "We qualified decent in 24th but once the race started we just couldn't stay with the lead pack."

William Byron would pick up the 1st Stage win, with Aric Almirola and Christopher Bell rounding out the top 3. Everroad would finish the 1st stage in 34th place. The 2nd stage would have the same winner in Byron before the Busch Brothers would pick up 2nd and 3rd, with Kurt leading Kyle to the line. MBM Motorsports would drop back to finish the 2nd stage in 39th after getting some damage towards the end of the stage.

The final stage would see a whole new slew of drivers upfront, as Martin Truex Jr would pick up the win with Austin Dillion and Joey Logano rounding out the top 3. Everroad would find himself finishing 40th 1 lap down.

Last edited by Jeffrey99; 05-29-2022 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:40 PM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Much better day for the MBM Motorsports Ford on the road course at Daytona International Speedway. "We had a great car today," said Jeffrey Everroad after the race. The MBM Motorsports Ford would finish the 1st stage in 8th place, with Chase Elliott, Michael McDowell, and Ryan Preece rounding out the top 3 at the end of the 1st stage.

The 2nd stage was even better for Everroad and MBM Motorsports, with him finishing the stage in 6th. Michael McDowell, Chase Elliott, and Kyle Larson round out the top 3 for the 2nd stage.

Ryan Newman would pick up the race win with Cole Custer and Kevin Harvick rounding out the top 3. Jeffrey Everroad would end up finishing the final stage in 26th place for his best finish of the young season.

Last edited by Jeffrey99; 05-30-2022 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:05 PM   #4
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Jeffrey Everroad would have his best qualifying result so far this season, as he'd qualify the #66 MBM Motorsports Ford 16th. The Team Penske Ford driven by Joey Logano would set the fastest time in qualifying. He'd set a lap of 32.122 to earn the pole for the Dixie Vodka 400. The Joe Gibbs Racing teammates of Christopher Bell and Denny Hamlin rounded out the top 3 for qualifying.

At the end of the 1st stage, Kyle Larson would find himself moving from 17th position to pick up the stage win. Austin Dillion and Kevin Harvick would round out the top 3. Jeffrey Everroad would drop down to finish 36th at the end of the 1st stage.

At the end of the 2nd stage, Everroad would finish 3 spots better in 33rd position. Kyle Busch picked up the stage win, with Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney behind him.

The final stage didn't start well for Everroad, as him and Brad Keselowski would make contact. "I thought I was clear and moved up, obviously I wasn't. It was 100% my fault." Said Everroad after the race. Kyle Busch would go on to pick up the win for Joe Gibbs Racing in front of Joey Logano and Alex Bowman. Jeffrey Everroad would finish the final stage in 37th position.

Old 05-31-2022, 07:00 PM   #5
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

It was a day to forget for Jeffrey Everroad and the MBM Motorsports team. Everroad would qualify 40th, 3-tenths off 39th place. "We knew we didn't have much speed, as evident by our qualifying result. So I wasn't really expecting us to do much come race day" said Everroad after the race and he wasn't wrong.

Everroad would make some moves during the 1st stage and finish the stage in 31st, but that's where the good luck ended. As he'd finish both the 2nd and final stage in 40th position. "We just didn't have any luck today. And then Davison and I got together and made a bad day even worse."

Kyle Busch would pick up the win after leading 21 laps, William Byron would also lead 21 laps but would drop back to finish 19th after starting from the pole. Brad Keslowski and Tyler Reddick would round out the top 3.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #6
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

It was a career day for Jeffrey Everroad (actually had to up the AI as they slowed down in the dogleg for some unknown reason). As he'd pick up his first career stage win and finish the race in 17th.

Everroad would qualify the #66 VSI Racing Ford in 16th position before moving up to 8th place at the end of the 1st stage. Martin Truex Jr, Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano would round out the top 3 at the end of the 1st stage.

The 2nd stage would see Everroad move forward and pick up his career-best stage finish as he'd pick up the stage win. "After the stage win, I really felt I had a chance to pick up the race win but a slow pitstop would push us back at the start of the final stage" said Everroad "but wasn't able to move forward as easily as I hoped."

Chase Elliott would end up picking up the race win, with Joey Logano and Ryan Blaney rounding out the top 3.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:47 PM   #7
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Standings a month into the season:

Old 06-09-2022, 06:07 PM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Web Version Of This Article: