Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NHL 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   NHL 2K10 Patch List (/forums/showthread.php?t=375506)

savoie2006 11-15-2009 04:43 AM

Re: NHL 2K10 Patch List

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercalnd (Post 2040451052)
I call BS. Besides this game and and NHL 2K8, I can't think of a single game I've owned that was patched on 360 but not on PS3. I only play sports games so I can't speak for other genres but just for the heck of it here's the list of games I have owned that were patched on both systems in the last 3 years (and I can assure you these were patched on PS3 since that's the system I was playing them on until June of thus year):

-NBA 2K8
-College Hoops 2K8
-Madden 08
-NCAA Football 08
-NHL 08
-FIFA 08
-NBA 2K9
-NASCAR 09
-Madden 09
-NCAA Football 09
-NHL 09
-FIFA 09
-PES 2009
-NBA Live 09
-NCAA Football 10
-Madden 10
-NBA Live 10
-FIFA 10
-NHL 10
-PES 2010

The only thing I can possibly see is that maybe Sony charges a fee for a patch if you want to patch a game that has sold less than X units (whatever X may be) and 2K may not be willing/not have the resources to pay that fee. But if that's the problem, isn't it 2K's fault that they haven't reached that sales number given their very weak marketing for this game?

Notice that most all of those games were made by EA and the couple done by 2K were their Basketball titles, which are their strength.

savoie2006 11-15-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormyhog (Post 2040451309)
Yeah I seen they locked the thread as I was going to comment. What a joke if they can't give a straight answer to the situation then they have to expect rumor and speculation from the community. You brought this upon yourself 2K Sports now deal with the backlash.

Any forum will lock such threads that are nothing but out of control. 2KHockey.net is NOT directly linked to 2K with the exception of having a couple of former regulars that are now developers with VC. That is it. They are simply a forum for 2K Hockey fans to go and talk about the games. They have NO responsibilty or obligation to keep such "bash" threads open.

eeyor 11-15-2009 06:43 AM

To quote WWTC in the 2khockey forums
Quote:

The patch is for Xbox 360. It isn't about "supporting the 360 and not the PS3" at all. It has to do with how much support we get from the console manufacturers and I will leave it at that. Unfortunately putting out a patch for the PS3 is not feasible at this time.
The conclusion I draw from that is that for a customer it will be not feasible to support 2k's games on the PS3 anymore, as the PS3 customers are no feasible target for 2k.
All the issues with Sony asside, as a software developer you have to have an obligation to your customers, even if they are fewer in numbers. If you think about Customer Lifetime Value, such a decision will put you way behind your competition and I personally don't think that this will be a positive profit devestment.
Most of the next - gen 2k buyers, like me, have been loyal customers even in times, when the game, and the support was lacking. 2k promised us that 2k10 would turn things around on the behalf of support but apparently, it is more feasible to upset 5-6k loyal customers than to try anything to keep the few people that are still buying their product despite the lack of marketing efforts.
Even putting personal feelings aside, this year has been a disaster on the marketing side and such a decision is making things even worse. 2k did a good job destroying CLV over the last 2 years. Congratulations!

RealmK 11-15-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfan23 (Post 2040449294)
I didn't criticize 2k JUST for not letting us know the patch.....it was for 4 years straight of bad marketing, bad games, no patch for ps3. The delay in patch fixes just added fuel to that fire.

Of course it's a huge deal not to include a ps3 patch,but it took something that will affect you directly to criticize 2k. Not even criticize, but vow to " forget that 2khockey existed".<--to which I respond....."gimme a break, if the game is good next year, you'll be back in line ready to spend".....

Its Savoie you're talking about, are you really all that suprised? He's flipped flopped almost as much as Joker the past year.

Flyermania 11-15-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyOReilly (Post 2040451136)
Well I copied superjew's post over to the 2KHockey board and got moderated. :D

That's because everyone that mods that site is a complete joke. Venom is allowed to break the rules consistently without reprimand, and clowns like Pengman will close/lock any thread that is too anti-2k.

Sugar coat this anyway you like, the PS3 version is getting hosed. Sony is not to blame...that's the easy way out. 2k is choosing not to extend the money and/or resources to get this done. It is their choice, and Ps3 owners are the ones to suffer. But next year I will have a choice, and that choice will be to not purchase their unsupported game. And I will certainly encourage others to do the same.

It's a real shame to see how far this series has fallen, both in quality and in the post-release support.

Flyermania 11-15-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

The patch is for Xbox 360. It isn't about "supporting the 360 and not the PS3" at all. It has to do with how much support we get from the console manufacturers and I will leave it at that. Unfortunately putting out a patch for the PS3 is not feasible at this time.
Total B.S. It's the easy way out to blame Sony, but WWTC is just a company puppet towing the company line. Bottom line is 2k decided to not support the Ps3 yet again --- more than likely due to financial reasons. This all cycles back to losing their customer base due to subpar releases and poor marketing.

If they aren't going to support the game, don't release it for that system.

Flyermania 11-15-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savoie2006 (Post 2040451601)
Any forum will lock such threads that are nothing but out of control. 2KHockey.net is NOT directly linked to 2K with the exception of having a couple of former regulars that are now developers with VC. That is it. They are simply a forum for 2K Hockey fans to go and talk about the games. They have NO responsibilty or obligation to keep such "bash" threads open.

No, but the whole premise that Waz founded that site on was to avoid petty squabbles like those on Thunderpuck. And that is exasctly what that site has become...Venom is allowed to do whatever he likes, and the mods are horribly biased.

Cardot 11-15-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealmK (Post 2040451697)
Its Savoie you're talking about, are you really all that suprised? He's flipped flopped almost as much as Joker the past year.

Nothing worse than a flip flopper. It really bugs me :signball: when someone is willing to change their opinion when presented with new information. People should really stick to their guns once they form an opinion. Basic loyalty.