Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=337609)

jcern23 07-23-2009 01:08 PM

Re: SN's All American Sliders (Xbox 360)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirishd (Post 2039887235)
I was using the 2.31 version...

#22 Iowa AT Notre Dame (me)

Lost 35-6

ND

Clausen: 26-44 341 yard 0 TD 6 INT

Collective Rushing: 25 attempts 67 yards

IOWA

Stanzi: 9-20 171 2 TD 2 INT

Hampton: 29 att 170 yards 2 TD

I had 9 penalties for 100 yards (couple of holding and a couple of facemasks) they had 4 for 30 (1 clipping, 3 false starts)

Overall, not too impressed...I had no time to throw and my receivers had no separation--causing 6 interceptions (way too much!) One pick was returned for a touchdown. Two were taken within the 20. So if this was cut back it could have been totally different. (Got behind needed to keep throwing) Iowa does out rank Notre Dame but not by this much. Wasn't too upset defensively, a lot of missed tackles though...

I agree i think sn accidentally made a super heisman level with his most recent updates. WHich is great that the game allows us to do this I think its just gonna take time for him to nail the sliders down. I def agree with needing to improve the CPU run game but 100 and 0 seems too much, maybe increasing the User tackling will help. I also noticed that my recievers could not get any separation my last couple games. If it wasn't for slants I would not have even been in the game cuz I sure as heck could not establish a running game.

Silent Nature 07-23-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyFenoli (Post 2039886850)
SN, you using any auto sub sliders?

Also are you guys getting a realistic number of plays per game?

thanks for your testing and work!!

No, I do not use auto sub sliders. I've heard that there's a glitch with it where the CPU will not sub your starter back in so I'll avoid that.

Silent Nature 07-23-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcern23 (Post 2039887314)
I agree i think sn accidentally made a super heisman level with his most recent updates. WHich is great that the game allows us to do this I think its just gonna take time for him to nail the sliders down. I def agree with needing to improve the CPU run game but 100 and 0 seems too much, maybe increasing the User tackling will help. I also noticed that my recievers could not get any separation my last couple games. If it wasn't for slants I would not have even been in the game cuz I sure as heck could not establish a running game.

Interesting. I didn't make any changes to the passing game. It was about the same as before. The biggest change was CPU's ability to establish a better running game.

You can reduce CPU's Pass Coverage and Pass Rush. That would give you more time in the pocket and more separation with the receivers. Try that and see how that works out for you.

jcern23 07-23-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Nature (Post 2039887452)
Interesting. I didn't make any changes to the passing game. It was about the same as before. The biggest change was CPU's ability to establish a better running game.

You can reduce CPU's Pass Coverage and Pass Rush. That would give you more time in the pocket and more separation with the receivers. Try that and see how that works out for you.

No Im gonna stick with where your at and put in 3.0. My starting running back is hurt so Im a little pass reliant and maybe Washingtons defense was just good in the secondary because of that. I hope increasing the User tackling stops the crazy tackle breaking from the CPU though with the RB ability up that high.

Silent Nature 07-23-2009 02:28 PM

Here is my first online dynasty game, using v3.0 sliders. Navy at Ohio State (Me)

I felt like it was a great experience for me. I'd admit that I wasn't used to the amount of pressure that Navy threw at my QB, but I was able to rollout and move up in the pocket for more time. Playaction and fake snap really helped me to get Navy off "Aggressive" gameplan and I did a lot of short routes with some long deep balls for some variety. I relied mostly on Boom Herron to control the game, along with some huge runs by Pryor off the playaction fake.

Ohio State 40 vs. Navy 16

19 First Downs 15
449 Total Offense 292
42-245-1 Rushes-Yds-TD 45-212-2
14-22-3 Comp-Att-TD 8-16-0
204 Passing Yards 80
8-13 3rd Down Conv 8-16
0 Turnovers 0
0 Fumbles Lost 0
0 Intercepted 0
568 Total Yards 444
2-48 Punts-Avg 6-41.5
6-54 Penalties-Yards 2-10
15:22 T.O.P 13:03

Notable Stats
Terrelle Pryor (OSU): 14-22 for 204 yards, 3 TDs - 0 INT and 8 rushes for 119 yards (Passed to 9 different receivers)

Boom Herron (OSU): 30 rushes for 118 yards and 1 TD

Navy's Rushing Attack: 4 players with 50+ rushing yards each and 2 TDs (Ricky Dobbs, A. Teich, A. Byrd, and B. Doyle)

Stoids 07-23-2009 02:29 PM

I just got absolutely **** rocked by Oklahoma as Texas A&M, which is how it should be. I think the run game may be a little too good now, but the passing game is right where it should be for the CPU. I had zero time in the pocket and couldn't get anything working well on the ground.

I got beat down by a far superior team, so the blowout is expected. I will use these sliders against a worse team, then an equal team and post my results.

Silent Nature 07-23-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoids (Post 2039887823)
I just got absolutely **** rocked by Oklahoma as Texas A&M, which is how it should be. I think the run game may be a little too good now, but the passing game is right where it should be for the CPU. I had zero time in the pocket and couldn't get anything working well on the ground.

I got beat down by a far superior team, so the blowout is expected. I will use these sliders against a worse team, then an equal team and post my results.

I'll give you that. It's definitely a big step up from v2.3. No one should be complaining about this being too easy. I want to see someone taking SMU and beat USC, Oklahoma, or Florida with v3.0 sliders and say that it is too easy then you're pretty much the best player in the world. :y7:

It is fine for it to be "tough" because we can always tone it down. If it's too easy (even when I try to make it hard), then it's pretty much broken.

Stoids 07-23-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Nature (Post 2039887885)
I'll give you that. It's definitely a big step up from v2.3. No one should be complaining about this being too easy. I want to see someone taking SMU and beat USC, Oklahoma, or Florida with v3.0 sliders and say that it is too easy then you're pretty much the best player in the world. :y7:

It is fine for it to be "tough" because we can always tone it down. If it's too easy (even when I try to make it hard), then it's pretty much broken.

To be honest I don't think it is possible to be SMU and beat one of those teams. Skill can only take you so far. If you can't get a pass off, tackle the running back, put pressure on the QB, or establish a run game, you will lose. Unless somehow you don't need an offensive line, or you magically make your receivers faster, you can't win that type of game. That's when you know you've made good sliders, when an upset that would never happens in real life won't happen in the game unless ridiculous circumstances arise.