Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Fight Night Champion Sliders Not Working (/forums/showthread.php?t=470859)

DaveDQ 03-02-2011 12:50 PM

Re: Fight Night Champion Sliders Not Working

Phobia, do you think the difficulty setting has anything to do with it? I was doing my sliders on PRO and I saw huge differences.

Phobia 03-02-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveDQ (Post 2042167754)
Phobia, do you think the difficulty setting has anything to do with it? I was doing my sliders on PRO and I saw huge differences.

They could be I guess. I play on Champion difficulty and it is matching up very similar stats as the GOAT difficulty.

Fight a 10 round fight on Pro using the Sliders and post the stats. Give us a idea if it could be that.

td7 03-02-2011 01:02 PM

I have tried all difficulty settings and it doesn't matter. The computer constantly threw an insane amount of punches. To me the only way to fix this is through the tendencies of each boxer.

Flamehead 03-02-2011 01:21 PM

FWIW Phobia (and I know this sounds strange), I did a light heavyweight fight yesterday with 10 rounds, 3 minutes each, and both the cpu and I threw about 70-75 punches per round.

I used your sliders. Like I said, sounds strangely low given what you've experienced.

phillyfan23 03-02-2011 01:33 PM

seems like it is time to zero out punch tendency sliders to see the LOW range for cpu punch output.

Sliders can no longer be depended upon it seems for this game, so might as well start experimenting with zeroeing punch tendency ratings, punch accuracy ratings and stamina ratings (even if they say they're fixing the stamina for the update: heard that before ) and see if doing this can result in a balanced, sim and fun experience....

for example....you lower the tendency ratings for some fighters in the game to test. You track the punch output and the results are in-line to reality, stamina issues are realistic and punch accuracy stats are money. GREAT right ? well not so fast ....

what if on the surface the stats are correct but the cpu becomes predictable, they don't use combos to attack, everyone becomes a constant clincher? Ultimately, on GOAT level the cpu fights like it's on PRO level before the ratings were altered making fights too easy. These are things that need to be tested out.

So let's get testing, I should have my copy tomorrow and will be able to help.....thankfully the dev team allowed ratings to be adjusted so we can at least TRY to "sim" the game, because to be honest, I have no hope in the sliders from this franchise after the latest update from Phobia.

Hova57 03-02-2011 01:50 PM

still trying to figure out how tuners play into all this. what they are working on in a patch vs what can be done via tuner. something tells me we will only get tuners when ever there is a patch

SA1NT401 03-02-2011 01:51 PM

I dropped every slider to Zero and i have great realistic(ish) fights and punch output......Have seen stamina drain for both and pretty realistic punch totals. But i have only have fought 10 fights thus far (3 Legacy mode/7 fight now)....Maybe i will seen more of an issue after more fights.

Stamina online needs to be tweaked a bit.....The only way you will EVER drain it is if you are throwing haymakers and missing for most of the fight.

SHAKYR 03-02-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hova57 (Post 2042167941)
still trying to figure out how tuners play into all this. what they are working on in a patch vs what can be done via tuner. something tells me we will only get tuners when ever there is a patch

The producers said Tuners and Patches are to different things.