Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   PES 2017 impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=889411)

bwiggy33 09-14-2016 12:33 AM

Re: PES 2017 impressions

Damn I want to keep playing this game but I feel like I have so little time and I'm actually having a ton of fun with Madden and NHL for the first time in what feels like ever.

Anyway I got one game in Chelsea (Me) - Man U. I did the edits Matt suggested to fix the defensive retreat. I also had to add a bunch of players to both teams because quite honestly I can't play Man U and not face Pogba and Ibra. The game I played was really good other than one thing, no fouls on 15 minute halves on Top player, - 2 speed, and manual passing. I have no clue how there were 0 fouls, but I'm not kidding there were 0.

What was awesome about the game is the long balls Man U was playing. Just constantly throwing them up to Ibra. I've never played a game like that. Also the errors the CPU makes and all of the great plays they make are something refreshing. It just feels organic and non scripted. Also I played to a 0-0 draw. I don't think I've ever had that happen in my entire time playing FIFA. There were good chances but for the most part it was just a quality defensive game.

I cannot wait to play this more. I have a feeling the 0 fouls thing isn't going to be the norm so I'm not overly worried. Once this game has an option file I think I am going to have a blast. If only you could combine FIFA's commentary and presentation with PES gameplay. If that occurred it would be incredible. As it stands though the commentary and overall presentation is very boring, but I knew that going in. The celebrations and crowd noise is good but there is just nothing about the commentary or presentation that gets me excited. I have a feeling it could really hamper my experience at some point but the gameplay right now is too good to have that bother me much.

Zac 09-14-2016 02:24 AM

I'm really enjoying this so far. I didn't care for last years game at all. But this is just great. Still not a fan of how they handle ML, but the game play is doing it for me so far.

I'll have to hunt down an OF for this when they start rolling out.

half-fast 09-14-2016 02:25 AM

Laser-guided slide tackles are still an issue, but at least I've seen the AI miss a few.

I totally agree, FIFA's presentation is top-notch, but I prefer pes commentary, not the colour commentary, even tho it is more on point this year.

A cool thing I'm noticing is during slide tackles, and any tackles in and around the box especially, the crowd can go bananas. I just wish the refs would call a bit more, but I can live with it.

half-fast 09-14-2016 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZO (Post 2048425984)
I'm really enjoying this so far. I didn't care for last years game at all. But this is just great. Still not a fan of how they handle ML, but the game play is doing it for me so far.

There are a couple early ones out. I saw one that did epl and la Liga kits and names, but I'm going to wait for a more co.plete one.

jrose57 09-14-2016 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZO (Post 2048425984)

what are the things you dislike this year's ML?

Zac 09-14-2016 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrose57 (Post 2048426008)
what are the things you dislike this year's ML?

I don't like anything about ML to be honest. Haven't for a while. Its not just this years. I dislike the interface/menus the most. I know that is personal preference, but I find it cumbersome and unappealing. And as dumb as it sounds, it ruins a lot of my enjoyment of playing the mode. Also the under the hood systems are still the same old goofy systems its been for ever. It doesn't feel like a "new" ML as it was promised to be last year.

I don't like how player contracts or transfers are handled either. The negotiation part is just goofy to me. It just feels so devoid of personality. Not that FIFAs is any better. I also find myself annoyed that the youth players all have the same names for the last so many years. I guess thinking about it, I don't really like anything about ML. Which is too bad, because the game play is great. But as someone who only plays career mode, its going to be real hard to stick with it. Because of how hard I find it to like anything about ML.

They really need to just blow away everything they have for ML and start fresh from the ground up. Redo everything about it. Absolutely every single thing. Last year all they did was put a new coat of paint on the old stuff. And this year its exactly the same with a couple minor changes. Taking a play out of EAs playbook.

PAPERNUT 09-14-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by half-fast (Post 2048425831)
---------------------
FOULS - fouls are all over the map, leaning more towards not so many though. Played several games where there were 1-3 fouls, played one where there were 11. Generally, I'm seeing a lot of roughhousing that's not getting called. I'm ok with how fouls are, they have definitely improved, but at the end of the day, I'd like to see a few more called.

Glad to see others seeing this. It is like they have a strict ref one game then lenient the next. I wish we had a way to choose as when they are strict, it is perfect. Still it is nothing like 16, so it could be worse. Sad thing is I already seen people whining on Twitter that there are too many fouls.

nunogomes 09-14-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPERNUT (Post 2048426281)
Glad to see others seeing this. It is like they have a strict ref one game then lenient the next. I wish we had a way to choose as when they are strict, it is perfect. Still it is nothing like 16, so it could be worse. Sad thing is I already seen people whining on Twitter that there are too many fouls.

Two quick thoughts:

I always find it interesting that in an american forum (like this one) the fouls issue is huge! Donīt know if itīs the influence of the NFL or NBA, but i donīt tend to think of fouls as a huge deal in soccer games, like i do in NFL or NBA. Anyway, itīs just a quick observation, something i find interesting, thatīs all!

About people complaining in Twitter about fouls, please, donīt worry for a single second about complains from the community, Konami never changes anything in the game that people ask, for the better or the worse (in this case is for the better).

PAPERNUT 09-14-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunogomes (Post 2048426496)
Two quick thoughts:

I always find it interesting that in an american forum (like this one) the fouls issue is huge! Donīt know if itīs the influence of the NFL or NBA, but i donīt tend to think of fouls as a huge deal in soccer games, like i do in NFL or NBA. Anyway, itīs just a quick observation, something i find interesting, thatīs all!

About people complaining in Twitter about fouls, please, donīt worry for a single second about complains from the community, Konami never changes anything in the game that people ask, for the better or the worse (in this case is for the better).

MLS for me as it is a very physical league than it gets credit for. I just want to see a game emphasize it better as there always those tense free kick moments you get in games along with the strategy of not getting a player on red due to excessive infringement. We all know ultimate team and the casuals are the reason realistic stoppages will not be tolerated in either game, but I always hope for it each year. Again, it is not a game breaker like it was last year, so it is certainly improved in 17 and I am enjoying it regardless.

MJH 09-14-2016 10:57 AM

Wow. I've never had so much fun player a sports title. For some reason, when I have the ball, I feel like I REALLY have the ball at my feet. I spent a while looking at the player creation features (awesome btw) and browsing the menus because I'm so used to how FIFA works.

First game I was England, vs Scotland on top player, -1 speed, 20 minute match.
I won 3-2 off of a late strike from Rooney (woke up my girlfriend, it was worth it). Fouls were about even (6-6) I had 4 free kick chances within 35 yards, none on target.

Second match I was Spain, vs Italy same settings. I got destroyed 4-0. Gigi make and incredible kick save at the 9' mark, I knew it was going to be tough to score. I wasn't even mad that I lost; its not like my players suddenly became slow or string together a pass... I just got beat. I "won" in fouls 8-3 lol.

I'm going to continue to play Spain vs Italy and see if I can improve. I'm not on manual passing yet, I feel like I'd play worse than I already am.

Awesome game, I considered calling in sick today.

orion523 09-14-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZO (Post 2048426052)
I don't like anything about ML to be honest. Haven't for a while. Its not just this years. I dislike the interface/menus the most. I know that is personal preference, but I find it cumbersome and unappealing. And as dumb as it sounds, it ruins a lot of my enjoyment of playing the mode. Also the under the hood systems are still the same old goofy systems its been for ever. It doesn't feel like a "new" ML as it was promised to be last year.

I don't like how player contracts or transfers are handled either. The negotiation part is just goofy to me. It just feels so devoid of personality. Not that FIFAs is any better. I also find myself annoyed that the youth players all have the same names for the last so many years. I guess thinking about it, I don't really like anything about ML. Which is too bad, because the game play is great. But as someone who only plays career mode, its going to be real hard to stick with it. Because of how hard I find it to like anything about ML.

They really need to just blow away everything they have for ML and start fresh from the ground up. Redo everything about it. Absolutely every single thing. Last year all they did was put a new coat of paint on the old stuff. And this year its exactly the same with a couple minor changes. Taking a play out of EAs playbook.

I feel the same way Zo. Regardless of how good the gameplay is or isn't, when there's no meaningful way to get invested, what's the point? Bundesliga is one of the two or three greatest football leagues in the world, yet it's not included. MLS, while not there quality wise, it's certainly popular, but no its not here either.
The game universe offered up is so small that it's not even possible to have a proper Champions League or Europa League, why?!!!
Over the past few days I've really given this game a go, and most times its been a joy to behold, I'm not the biggest fan of the missile tackle style of defending(comparable to FIFA's legacy defending), but there really is a lot of magic within the game, a lot and it's just super frustrating that Master League is so poor.

BL8001 09-14-2016 11:42 AM

An option file will add bundesliga...and MLS eventually. If you are on PS4.

2 nice fixes for ML, you can edit the youth players and you can edit the fake teams into real teams.

Jewpants47 09-14-2016 11:44 AM

lots of great insights so far from everyone, but what hasn't been touched on is what my biggest issue/concern is. How is the online experience?

I usually follow the pesfan forums, but its mostly europeans, since finding OS is primarily Americans, and I'm in Boston, and I'm pretty sure PES is region locked for matchmaking, I want to know how the connections have been in N.America.
Does it still take a long time to get a match? Poor connectivity? Lots of lag? lag cheaters/voiders? PES has such awesome gameplay, and MyClub is super addictive, but if the online experience is as bad as it was in 15 and 16, it might drive me to FIFA:(.
If some of you guys have done myClub online division games, I'de love to hear about it. thx

RoyceDa59 09-14-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion523 (Post 2048426782)
I feel the same way Zo. Regardless of how good the gameplay is or isn't, when there's no meaningful way to get invested, what's the point? Bundesliga is one of the two or three greatest football leagues in the world, yet it's not included. MLS, while not there quality wise, it's certainly popular, but no its not here either.
The game universe offered up is so small that it's not even possible to have a proper Champions League or Europa League, why?!!!
Over the past few days I've really given this game a go, and most times its been a joy to behold, I'm not the biggest fan of the missile tackle style of defending(comparable to FIFA's legacy defending), but there really is a lot of magic within the game, a lot and it's just super frustrating that Master League is so poor.

Honestly, I don't think I given Master League the proper go since PES 5 & 6 after that I always been really disappointed by how low budget the mode feels. I will really try and give it a go this year but I am not expecting much. I pretty much play tournaments, Be a Legend mode and recently MyClub in PES and kind of bank on FIFA to give me what I want in Career mode but even that has been letting me down. I pretty much given up on getting the career mode I want as Football Manager is literally the best thing we have to get that sim experience of being a digital manager.

Zac 09-14-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2048426992)
Honestly, I don't think I given Master League the proper go since PES 5 & 6 after that I always been really disappointed by how low budget the mode feels. I will really try and give it a go this year but I am not expecting much. I pretty much play tournaments, Be a Legend mode and recently MyClub in PES and kind of bank on FIFA to give me what I want in Career mode but even that has been letting me down. I pretty much given up on getting the career mode I want as Football Manager is literally the best thing we have to get that sim experience of being a digital manager.

Maybe this is what is making me so disappointed this year with ML. I got hooked on FM this year. Which was the first time I've ever played it. And maybe coming back from that deep investment, is making me see just how small the career mode offering is on these games. And that is just making me want something greater out of them than they can offer. Which just adds to my disappointment.

I'll have to try giving other modes a go. Because I really do like the on pitch play from this years game. It just feels good.

KG 09-14-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewpants47 (Post 2048426936)
lots of great insights so far from everyone, but what hasn't been touched on is what my biggest issue/concern is. How is the online experience?

I usually follow the pesfan forums, but its mostly europeans, since finding OS is primarily Americans, and I'm in Boston, and I'm pretty sure PES is region locked for matchmaking, I want to know how the connections have been in N.America.

Does it still take a long time to get a match? Poor connectivity? Lots of lag? lag cheaters/voiders? PES has such awesome gameplay, and MyClub is super addictive, but if the online experience is as bad as it was in 15 and 16, it might drive me to FIFA:(.

If some of you guys have done myClub online division games, I'de love to hear about it. thx

I played 3 matches online last night and didn't have any bad lag. There's always going to be a split second of lag. It once you get used to it you're Ok. When I cleared all the matchmaking filters I was able to find a match in under 60 secs.

I was 1-1-1. Blew a 2 goal lead as Dortmund smh. I didn't go defensive enough.

Also, if you want to see something different, play Inter. Icardi is about as direct as you can get. He caught me off guard as he literally bears down on goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nunogomes 09-14-2016 12:50 PM

I play Master League like i play a season in Madden, or NHL, or NBA:

No transfers, no nothing! Just a season with the actual rosters. I just make sure to choose a club that is on the Champions League.

Next season (if there is any) i just choose another club.

Im not a fan of player transfers and progressions... i just like to play the actual season, so the ML is enough for me, but itīs pretty awful for people who like this kind of stuff that is for sure...

JHedges2 09-14-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZO (Post 2048426052)
I don't like anything about ML to be honest.

So I've never played this...outside of the demo this year. I thought the game was great, but if this 'Master League' (which is PES' Career Mode, right?) is so terrible--what's the draw to this game? Just playing exhibition over and over?

Also, these 'option files' I assume allow stadiums, kits, team names, etc. to be accurate?

So we could have real stadiums for Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, etc.?

(sorry for n00b post) :y7:

nunogomes 09-14-2016 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427211)
So I've never played this...outside of the demo this year. I thought the game was great, but if this 'Master League' (which is PES' Career Mode, right?) is so terrible--what's the draw to this game? Just playing exhibition over and over?

Also, these 'option files' I assume allow stadiums, kits, team names, etc. to be accurate?

The draw is to win the League Title, the Cup, Champions Cup or Europa League... to play a season basically. To me of course! Thatīs why i prefer ML instead of exhibition games or the Cupīs separately.

ezio 09-14-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewpants47 (Post 2048426936)

I played 3 games online last night and it wasn't bad. It was regular online divisions not my club. One thing they added this year is a filter for the connection. The default is 3 but you can set it to 5. I played 1 game on 3,4 and 5 for the network connection. With it set to 5 it was very good an I didn't notice any lag. 4 was good but had some lag and 3 was probably the worst lag wise. It didn't take took long to find games but it did take longer with it set to 4 and 5 than it did on 3.

As for lag cheaters I didn't have any last night but that might change.

My recomendation would be to use the filter for the connection and it set it to at least 4 or 5. Even though it might take longer to get a game I think it will offer a better experience at least based on my 3 games last night.

JHedges2 09-14-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunogomes (Post 2048427248)
The draw is to win the League Title, the Cup, Champions Cup or Europa League... to play a season basically. To me of course! Thatīs why i prefer ML instead of exhibition games or the Cupīs separately.

So essentially, you just play 1 season? No youth academy or really any transfers or anything?

Sorry--not trying to mock the game--I just don't see anything really posted about a 'career mode'...

KG 09-14-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427338)
So essentially, you just play 1 season? No youth academy or really any transfers or anything?

Sorry--not trying to mock the game--I just don't see anything really posted about a 'career mode'...

No, all that stuff is there (transfers, youth academy, etc...) I just don't think nuno does it.

JHedges2 09-14-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2048427346)
No, all that stuff is there (transfers, youth academy, etc...) I just don't think nuno does it.

Is it comparable to FIFA, in your opinion?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

papinho81 09-14-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427211)

Hi JHdeges!

Here is my noob answer (I am one too lol).
No, no new stadium can be added with option files except if you play on PC. Based on my search, they used to be a stadium creator in the past but currently you can only rename the stadium, use a real picture for all the stadium for presentations and menus, change the grass patterns, the sits colors, the net patterns and colors. Apparently you can also add proper advertisement along the pitch.
Unfortunately there is quite few stadium in this game, apparently it used to have more (couple of years ago, all the liga stadium).

KG 09-14-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427352)
Is it comparable to FIFA, in your opinion?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

To be fair I can only compare it to FIFA 16 since I don't know for sure everything that's included in FIFA this year, only the news articles.

If I had to compare them I'd lean towards saying PES is better on the pitch in terms of CPU variety where as FIFA wins off the pitch. Both NEED substantial work to keep up with other sports games like 2K and Madden IMO.

JHedges2 09-14-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papinho81 (Post 2048427358)
Hi JHdeges!

Here is my noob answer (I am one too lol).
No, no new stadium can be added with option files except if you play on PC. Based on my search, they used to be a stadium creator in the past but currently you can only rename the stadium, use a real picture for all the stadium for presentations and menus, change the grass patterns, the sits colors, the net patterns and colors. Apparently you can also add proper advertisement along the pitch.
Unfortunately there is quite few stadium in this game, apparently it used to have more (couple of years ago, all the liga stadium).

Thanks mate.

I'll be sticking with good ole' FIFA I reckon. The demo of PES was quite enjoyable--but without all the 'real' stuff (EPL especially), this is a no go for me.

nunogomes 09-14-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427338)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2048427346)

Yes, exactly! Itīs there, i just donīt care for it.

nunogomes 09-14-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427376)
Thanks mate.

I'll be sticking with good ole' FIFA I reckon. The demo of PES was quite enjoyable--but without all the 'real' stuff (EPL especially), this is a no go for me.

You are right, that kind of real stuff is in FIFA only, but it stops there. Once the games start against the CPU, the "real" goes out of the window...

So, itīs a tough pill to swallow here... Im still on the PES side judging for the 2 demos. Gameplay against CPU is what gives the sports games longevity (to me) so i will stick to PES this year, for now! It may change in the future like it did other times...

papinho81 09-14-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHedges2 (Post 2048427376)
Thanks mate.

The advantage of not having a single league with complete license (stadium and so on) is that somehow it release you from always trying to play inside that league. Somehow it gives you more choice.

Also, as far as I have understood, the stat tracking record is great in PES (pass goal for every player in any competition) meaning that you evolve in a simulated environment and not random one a la fifa. You have this kind of long terms achievement such as the ballon d'or, the overall team world ranking.

The gameplay is awesome. You have great teams identity. Just that is the guaranty that you will not get bored by playing always the very same type of game. You have player identity so each time you bring a new one to your club is like you buy a new toy.

I am very impatient to have good option files released to go deep into this game and the master league.

papinho81 09-14-2016 02:00 PM

Ah and I was forgetting a very important thing, no sliders struggle, you are ready to play!

Gleebo 09-14-2016 02:06 PM

I will keep this short and sweet, this is the best video sports game at replicating what you see on the field/pitch. Teams and players are different, unlike other games where each team plays EXACTLY the same you have to play to your teams strenghts/weakness and be ready to defend vs. the other teams strengths/weakness.

Konami has done what no other video game producer has been able to do, yes even better than 2K...I wish EA would figure this out for NHL, Madden, FIFA, etc....

BL8001 09-14-2016 02:27 PM

Here is a guy streaming some ML

He doesn't talk which is fine by me and the in game commentary is not in english. But you can see how it works for those that don't know.

You can watch from 0:00 to 4:20 then skip to 17:20 watch to 20:00

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0WoT7xBcDQE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

half-fast 09-14-2016 02:43 PM

Played a couple more games. I decided to start a ML in the Argentine league until a great OF is available.

Sliding is definitely still a problem. I see them miss occasionally now as I mentioned before, but they often start their slides from too far away. A variance of distance would be great. Also, I had a game with a strict ref, I had 5 fouls called against me, and the cpu had 13. In that time, there were 5 fouls called for cpu slide tackles. None resulted in a red card, even though one was horribly mistimed(I will upload it soon). All were either yellow or a warning. I hope this is patched, but somehow I doubt it, as cpu sliding seems to be a major part of the cpu ai, and calling them more would result in several reds; cutting down on the cpu slide tackles would result in different, and probably not as great of gameplay overall. I am ok with it.

The cpu still can be a little too precise at times, not necessarily at passing, but at converting their chances. I had two games where the cpu managed 1 and 2 shots on goal. Both games the cpu scored 100% and 50% of their shots on goal, respectively.

I'm seeing more goal types scored by me, even though I dont score too often. I play on no pass assist, -1 speed normally on top Player, ramping down to Professional the odd time to gauge which would be more fun for me.

I think the main point is, I've had many different types of games. Even if it feels less organic for me now, and more of a *random seed* generator, I think I'll still be ok with the results over the length of a season. It is simply more fun that FIFA 16 was for me, post patch.

I'm really trying to not to hope too hard for a patch right now, because this game, with a few minor tweaks could become sincerely deadly. I just somehow think that Konami made a huge leap this year, and that the AI is resting on a very precisely balanced script, that cannot simply be tweaked with a patch.

On a final note, skill moves still need some serious work, but they are better. I'm finally pulling some decent looking ones off.

Gnemi 09-14-2016 02:47 PM

Konami have stuck a few feathers in their caps this year, for sure. Count me as one of them. I have bought FIFA every year since 2012 and I'm done until further notice. That's how disgusting I find the FIFA 17 demo, but I digress.

The feeling once the matches start is simply magic in PES 2017. Somebody described it as cinematic and I couldn't agree more. I bought the full version yesterday for PS4 and I'm really excited. The unvarnished truth about FIFA's career mode, if people are being honest with themselves, is that it has remained unchanged in a meaningful way for more than five years. Each year, the things you do to stay on top of your transfers, salaries, training, youth academy, etc. are beyond monotonous. I got to the point where I stopped even using the Youth Academy because it's simultaneously tedious and hilariously unrealistic.

I know that I will feel the same way about Master League in PES 2017, but I'm not going to try doing 5-10 year careers anymore because whether it's FIFA or PES, the realism of the situations start to deteriorate. Either that or I start looking around at the champions league competition or top clubs in the league I'm competing in only to find that their youth are garbage and the stars of the game have all retired.

In other words, I'm okay with banging out 1, 2, or 3 year careers with clubs because the GAMEPLAY ON THE PITCH once the whistle blows is orders of magnitude more exciting than FIFA.

So here I am, PES nerds. Come at me!

I am eagerly awaiting the option files from PES universe to drop this week, then I'll start full-on geeking out.

papinho81 09-14-2016 03:24 PM

I am doing a learning/training master league with OM and I just had my first game against a rival team OGC Nice. This game was very similar to the demo in terms of the intensity putted into the game by the cpu (fight for balls fouls, pressure, really offensive approach). Something I didn't felt in the full retail game previously. Could it be that demo games were set to rival games?

Josam27o7 09-14-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2048427361)
To be fair I can only compare it to FIFA 16 since I don't know for sure everything that's included in FIFA this year, only the news articles.

If I had to compare them I'd lean towards saying PES is better on the pitch in terms of CPU variety where as FIFA wins off the pitch. Both NEED substantial work to keep up with other sports games like 2K and Madden IMO.

But the gameplay in NBA 2k and Madden are horrendous. NBA 2k is more of a cut scene initiator instead of a game. Madden is a floaty mess.

KG 09-14-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josam27o7 (Post 2048427872)
But the gameplay in NBA 2k and Madden are horrendous. NBA 2k is more of a cut scene initiator instead of a game. Madden is a floaty mess.

That's debatable but I'm talking strictly about career/franchise mode in terms of depth, options, etc...

Footy games not named Football Manager are still behind the curve IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJH 09-14-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnemi (Post 2048427652)
So here I am, PES nerds. Come at me!

I am eagerly awaiting the option files from PES universe to drop this week, then I'll start full-on geeking out.

PES Universe setup does look impressive. I'm getting the USB sent to me, should receive it on Monday. Only problem is that I'm going on vacation to Alaska the next day for 9 days. Had I known PES 17 was going to be so awesome I would have planned differently.

Matt10 09-14-2016 04:22 PM

Regarding the interface, people have to remember that ISS was designed around the Asian market. This was the year in which there were RPG soccer games based on comic books (Captain Tsubasa, Shoot!, etc). This is why they still have those kind of cut-scenes inside ML. It's a story-play, not really a pure simulator. FIFA and PES are just different games, I've always believed this.

JayD 09-14-2016 04:30 PM

Are there a greater amount of transfers in PES? One of the things that drives me nuts is that in FIFA the CPU rarely ever transfers or loans players. I've seen teams do absolutely nothing for several years.