Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Video - Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=480146)

Lodeus 04-28-2011 05:34 PM

Re: Madden Sneak Peek!

Obviously rookie mode people.

Like the way the game looks though.

Dblock1111 04-28-2011 05:34 PM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode

video isnt working for me....?

RGiles36 04-28-2011 05:35 PM

The sky is falling!!!

LOL. In all seriousness, for a Madden game, the players are moving pretty natural. I didn't disect it player by player, but it's smoother than years past.

jeremym480 04-28-2011 05:39 PM

Looks awesome! I love it!!

BlueNGold 04-28-2011 05:40 PM

Video looked pretty good. Like rgiles said, it actually looks smooth. I'm liking the animations from this new collision system.

And as per usual, everyone is overreacting about essentially a Madden highlight film.

misterbroom12 04-28-2011 05:46 PM

I wish movement wasn't so scripted. Not a hit at Madden because it is the same in most games with athletes involved, but every step Hillis ran, his legs extended to the same spot in front, bent at the knee at the same point during the end of his stride, his arms go to the same spot every time he pumps them while running, it's all just so symmetrical that it appears fake. I know they hook players up to nodes to get the movements down, so why not have them vary the length of strides and such so that there's a bit of realism to a player moving.

roadman 04-28-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterbroom12 (Post 2042351417)
I wish movement wasn't so scripted. Not a hit at Madden because it is the same in most games with athletes involved, but every step Hillis ran, his legs extended to the same spot in front, bent at the knee at the same point during the end of his stride, his arms go to the same spot every time he pumps them while running, it's all just so symmetrical that it appears fake. I know they hook players up to nodes to get the movements down, so why not have them vary the length of strides and such so that there's a bit of realism to a player moving.

This year depends on the ball carrier strides.

Calvin Johnson will have longer strides, and their are normal and short strides. I'm assuming Hillis falls under the last 2.

Jarodd21 04-28-2011 05:54 PM

Nice video.. It was definitely on Rookie or Pro just to show Hillis in Beast mode. I really hope nobody over reacts to that. haha!