Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Will 2k Release Legends pics??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=912456)

isdatyt 08-04-2017 11:04 AM

Re: Will 2k Release Legends pics???

Doubt it. With no ability to scan these guys, I don't think 2K will ever improve how legends look. I just hope the CAP system is better this year because I end up remaking Shaq and Penny anyway because I need Magic Shaq to look younger. But I'm also looking for different versions of guys because they look different. We need young, super athletic Wilt with the thin mustache. That was his prime. I want a healthy looking GP. 2010 Kobe. Honestly we don't need the 43 Bulls teams we have in game. Do the best one from the first 3peat and the best one from the second. That leaves room for even more teams that should be in game. The Kings being one of them.

I'd be geeked if they do upgrade legends, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did not.

NINJAK2 08-04-2017 11:38 AM

2K improved a few legends last year so we know they have the ability. Players like Kevin Willis and Sean Elliot looked terrible. Still can't believe they gave Kevin that skinny body..lol

VDusen04 08-04-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isdatyt (Post 2048928932)
Doubt it. With no ability to scan these guys, I don't think 2K will ever improve how legends look.

2K's made some low key incredible strides to some of their legends in 2K17. I remember the face scan narrative being really strong when 2K14 first came out, with a lot of people quick to excuse 2K's legend monstrosities by saying there was nothing that could be done to improve them because they'll never look like face scans, which was a pretty illogical side to take considering what some of 2K14's legends actually looked like (i.e. worse than their PS2 likenesses).

Anyway, here's an example:

Bill Russell - 2K14:

Bill Russell - 2K16/2K17:

Mark Price - 2K16/2K17:

Dominique Wilkins:

Tim Hardaway:

My hope would be, if nothing else, that 2K made at least a few more improvements like this to 2K18, maybe even fixing up the inaccurate jerseys while we're at it (1989 Pistons).

Last gen (mostly correct):

Current gen (really incorrect):

Also, Joe Dumars.

jmarcguy 08-04-2017 01:38 PM

I post these to remind myself what Joe Dumars looked like. lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PippenFan 08-04-2017 02:37 PM

I agree and I think Wilts another one that needs a major upgrade. He's way to dark and cartoony looking on 2k17.

midwestking100 08-04-2017 03:52 PM

Well at least some of the legends were updates. Now we need some more to be updated. And I would love to see 2k bring back some legends accessories like Horace Grant all white goggles.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app

MarkWilliam 08-04-2017 06:34 PM

That Griffey Jr Simpsons pic made me laugh. Thanks for that :)

I'd hope legends pics come out soon. Especially considering they're selling a Legends Edition with a Legend on the cover..... seems only right.

How they look and move this year? That's another question....

BA2929 08-04-2017 07:04 PM

The Legends are basically the only reason I play 2k every year, so here's hoping they either add more or upgrade the ones they do have.

Tired of Penny Hardaway looking more like Anthony Mackie than Penny.