Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   PES 2017 impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=889411)

JHedges2 09-14-2016 04:36 PM

Re: PES 2017 impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL8001 (Post 2048427565)
Here is a guy streaming some ML

He doesn't talk which is fine by me and the in game commentary is not in english. But you can see how it works for those that don't know.

You can watch from 0:00 to 4:20 then skip to 17:20 watch to 20:00

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0WoT7xBcDQE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Wonderful. Thank you for this!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BSDShoes 09-14-2016 04:57 PM

If there's ever a MLS options file, PES 17 will be gold.

nunogomes 09-14-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papinho81 (Post 2048427814)
I am doing a learning/training master league with OM and I just had my first game against a rival team OGC Nice. This game was very similar to the demo in terms of the intensity putted into the game by the cpu (fight for balls fouls, pressure, really offensive approach). Something I didn't felt in the full retail game previously. Could it be that demo games were set to rival games?

I really donīt think this is true papinho81, it never happened before and honestly i donīt see anyone in Konami even dreaming of this issue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josam27o7 (Post 2048427872)
But the gameplay in NBA 2k and Madden are horrendous. NBA 2k is more of a cut scene initiator instead of a game. Madden is a floaty mess.

You have got to be kidding... NBA 2k16 is miles ahead of any sports game in almost every departement (gameplay specially)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJH (Post 2048428005)
PES Universe setup does look impressive. I'm getting the USB sent to me, should receive it on Monday. Only problem is that I'm going on vacation to Alaska the next day for 9 days. Had I known PES 17 was going to be so awesome I would have planned differently.

Is the PES Universe the one that will come with edited tactics? I read somewhere that one of the option files would have edited tatics

PAPERNUT 09-14-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSDShoes (Post 2048428145)
If there's ever a MLS options file, PES 17 will be gold.

PES World is making them now. Should be finished in a week or so.

Chrisx 09-14-2016 05:47 PM

Coming from fifa, and while I wait for the PC version of PES to unlock, what match length would you guys recommend for someone who's used to playing 10 or 15 minute *halves* in fifa?

Also it feels strange to say I'm coming from fifa, since the best time I've ever had with a footy game was somewhere around pes3-5, but after a loooong break I got back to these games with fifa14/15/16. Well I did get pes16 last year but just couldn't play it because of the "through ball-low shot in the far corner-goal" thing and the GKs. And long matches seemed like a bad idea, too many goals scored, but maybe it was because of exploits like this. Is it better this time around?

I'm sure I'll have a blast with the game if it's properly balanced vs the AI.

MJH 09-14-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunogomes (Post 2048428216)
Is the PES Universe the one that will come with edited tactics? I read somewhere that one of the option files would have edited tatics

I was watching a YouTube video from The True Brits this weekend about the PES files and I recall him saying something along the lines of "Barca will play like Barca, ______ will play like ______."

I will have to re-watch the video later this evening.

KG 09-14-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJH (Post 2048428360)
I was watching a YouTube video from The True Brits this weekend about the PES files and I recall him saying something along the lines of "Barca will play like Barca, ______ will play like ______."

I will have to re-watch the video later this evening.

I think some of the big clubs, especially Barca will have their real life tactics but a club like West Brom probably won't (insert comment about whether or not West Brom actually has tactics IRL here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BucksInSix 09-14-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG (Post 2048428365)
I think some of the big clubs, especially Barca will have their real life tactics but a club like West Brom probably won't (insert comment about whether or not West Brom actually has tactics IRL here).

Just watched that same video and he made it sound like each team will play true to form. My question though is does the competition/league emblem show up on each sleeve during play? I see they are blank in the menus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RoyceDa59 09-14-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucksInSix (Post 2048428380)
Just watched that same video and he made it sound like each team will play true to form. My question though is does the competition/league emblem show up on each sleeve during play? I see they are blank in the menus.

Yeah they will show up you just have to enable it in edit mode, by default they are off.

Spoiler

BucksInSix 09-14-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2048428412)
Yeah they will show up you just have to enable it in edit mode, by default they are off.

Spoiler

This is insane. The fact that they customize the English Championship League as well (unabashed Newcastle Supporter) is awesome. Fifa may hold claim to having all the stadiums but having everything else plus team tactics that make each team feel individualized has me sold on PES for the first time.

RoyceDa59 09-14-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucksInSix (Post 2048428415)
This is insane. The fact that they customize the English Championship League as well (unabashed Newcastle Supporter) is awesome. Fifa may hold claim to having all the stadiums but having everything else plus team tactics that make each team feel individualized has me sold on PES for the first time.

It is a nice little touch, I also like that any team playing in the Champions league will also have the Logo show on the right sleeve with the respect logo showing on the left sleeve.

BucksInSix 09-14-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2048428445)
It is a nice little touch, I also like that any team playing in the Champions league will also have the Logo show on the right sleeve with the respect logo showing on the left sleeve.

Wow is that nice. Would not be surprised if they add a stadium creator next year to really stick it to EA, ha. How does scheduling, promotion, and relegation work? Sorry for all the questions!

RoyceDa59 09-14-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucksInSix (Post 2048428461)
Wow is that nice. Would not be surprised if they add a stadium creator next year to really stick it to EA, ha. How does scheduling, promotion, and relegation work? Sorry for all the questions!

Yes the Master League has promotion and regulation just the leagues aren't as deep as Fifa. So there isn't a England League One.

phillyfan23 09-14-2016 07:29 PM

Anyone feel the retail game is a bit easier than the demo? Playing against france in the demo was very tough on top player 0 pass assist, it feels easier in the retail especially disposessing them via the standing tackle. I used the netherlands and won 2-0 handily. Played england on top player 0 pass assist using nthrlands again, and romped them 4-0.....maybe i caught them with their arrows down who knows, but anyone feel the same way ??

BL8001 09-14-2016 07:40 PM

I thought it was easier too. I played on pro and beat celta vigo easily with espanyol.

Then I spent a long time last night trying to beat wolves with forest on pro and could not beat them.

Wolves were awesome on the counter attack.

I say try more match ups.

I am going to take man utd to feyenoord tonight.

Also feeling a sampdoria udinese matchup would be tasty.

Matt10 09-14-2016 08:03 PM

There's also been comments about how ML is much tougher than kick-off, as expected. So can't wait to have the PESUniverse option file, then get some proper ML going!

TeleTex82 09-14-2016 08:06 PM

Jist got the beta Option File from Pes Universe, cant decide whether I want to start a ML yet or not...

Josam27o7 09-14-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunogomes (Post 2048428216)

You have got to be kidding... NBA 2k16 is miles ahead of any sports game in almost every departement (gameplay specially)!

On the contrary NBA 2k is miles BEHIND other sports games.

NBA 2k is not a good sports game just from the fact that it has a weak passing system. It takes all believability out of the game when you can just float passes around. The dribbling system is bad too bc you can dribble in front of a defenders hands but the game doesn't allow you to stick a hand in to steal the ball. This is what breaks immersion.

Nuno, do you want to see what a good sports game is? It is NHL 17 w/ operation sports' AL TITO's settings. You must try it. It is an incredibly organic feeling game.

xicpanad 09-14-2016 08:16 PM

What Iīm really enjoying in this game is the defence mechanics... itīs just as it should be (or almost). Iīm so tired of Fifaīs system where I have to work like crazy to even get to a proper defensive position for each controled player. PES makes is it so simple yet hard to master! But I know, that with a strong CB, not everyone can go through my defence easily... Itīs so satisfying!

Also, I love the random results of attempts to score. I missed those and playing this game constantly reminds me of the nostalgia playing the good old PES series back in the days. Very refreshing experience!

Josam27o7 09-14-2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048428726)
There's also been comments about how ML is much tougher than kick-off, as expected. So can't wait to have the PESUniverse option file, then get some proper ML going!

Will you be editing every single team's attacking formation to be the defending formation before your master league?

Ac3way 09-14-2016 08:24 PM

Loving game so far.

So Demo was bit easy for me, full manual + Superstar. But at full game with 20 min match game seems to be tough and good.

At Demo Barca didn't play like Barca when CPU was playing them. That was mainly because tactics, so first thing at full game i edited Barcas tactic.
- Fluid Formation On
- Busquets DM and little bit lower than CM:s
- Messi & Neymar for SS
- Tika Taka, attacking fullbacks & defence, counter target for Messi

I was playing away with CSKA Moskova against Barcelona at UCL. I put Barcas form arrow little up and CSKA to neutral. Oh boy, they played like Barca.

After 2 minutes Messi was cutting from right side to middle and curved beautiful left footed shot from outside box. It was just like him real life and that never happened on demo. At demo Messi was just standing at right side, doing nothing. So, Barca was passing and was more dangerous than at demo. I was beaten 7-0, but i was smiling. It was so realistic and still fun. If would been playing my best at that game, i maybe only would lost 3-1 or something like that.

Next game was tough battle at France Ligue 2 Auxerre - Valenciennes, which ended 1-1 draw. Both teams passing % was under 70%. It was simple football with lot of physical battles and totally different from that UCL 7-0 defeat.

So game seems to be great and for me best football game ever made. I have been playing videogame football from early 90's and i usually have bought both football games last 10 years, but now i it's just PES. FIFA 17 demo was much better than 15 & 16, but nowhere near PES at offline gameplay. For online, that might be different story. But hey, lets wait and see first!

Inter1 09-14-2016 08:28 PM

Glad to see alot of FIFA players possibly moving over to the dark side! This game is simply one word. Incredible. I have played online, exhibition and become a legend mostly waiting for a roster update. Last night I was playing a game, and a cpu player ran in front of one of my guys. My guy dropped like a sack of potatoes, and the ref blew for a foul against. My guy was holding his face in his hands rolling side to side. The replay came on and I thought that my guy got elbowed or something, but nope he dove and got me a free kick after much protest from the cpu. It's the little things that are making PES extra special, and this was one of many things I have seen so far. Also I switched over to Argentina in game commentary and it's sooooo much better than english. Gabriel Barbosa is ''Gabigol'' when this is turned on. The little things!

Quick question for anything that plays with advanced shooting. Im a basic convert, and I finally know that less power on the bar is better, but sometimes my shots are so weak. How do I get the most out of advanced shooting?

OneDrop 09-14-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Holding myself back from buying it on PS4 until PESUniverse hits us with the OF because else I'll want to start a full ML right away. Are you on PS4 Matt?

RoyceDa59 09-14-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeleTex82 (Post 2048428740)
Jist got the beta Option File from Pes Universe, cant decide whether I want to start a ML yet or not...

Just got it as well, not going to download it until they drop the update @ 4AM tomorrow morning.

BucksInSix 09-14-2016 08:53 PM

Well I just purchased my first ever non Fifa Soccer Game. Never thought I'd say that honestly, but the option file system has eased my licensing fears.

Beetlebum 09-14-2016 09:03 PM

For people with the game: is there an option to change the RGB scale of the game?

I remember there was one in PES 2013 or 2014 and I used to tweak it to give the game a more realistic look.

Gnemi 09-14-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah man, I'm super stoked.

FC Torino, here we come! Except, of course, I'm going to dump Joe Hart immediately. :y7:

So, I asked this in the options file thread, but I figure I'll ask here instead:

If I apply options files, will it ruin existing Master League / Become a Legend save files in the way that FIFA career saves are ruined if you change the DB?

I'm really hoping PES file system is more intuitive.

Matt10 09-14-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josam27o7 (Post 2048428772)
Will you be editing every single team's attacking formation to be the defending formation before your master league?

Yes I will. As soon as I get the OF.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Matt10 09-14-2016 09:54 PM

Btw, anyone who is hesitant of the PC version of the game, don't be.

The gameplay is the exact same as the consoles. My fear was the explosive power (acceleration) feel would dictate to be similar to PES 14 thru 16, boy was I wrong.

It's perfect.

The only issue I have is the level of detail in players, but even then, it's fine. Can't wait for some PC patches :) .

RoyceDa59 09-14-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048429073)

The gameplay is the exact same as the consoles. My fear was the explosive power (acceleration) feel would dictate to be similar to PES 14 thru 16, boy was I wrong.

It's perfect.

The only issue I have is the level of detail in players, but even then, it's fine. Can't wait for some PC patches :) .

This is good news looks like I will be double dipping with this game I plan to get a gaming laptop next month. :)

Gnemi 09-14-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048429073)

It's perfect.

Now you tell me! Argh.

Oh well, I owned FIFA 14 on PS4 and PC, maybe the same will be true of PES 2017.

Matt10 09-14-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyceDa59 (Post 2048429084)
This is good news looks like I will be double dipping with this game I plan to get a gaming laptop next month. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnemi (Post 2048429085)
Now you tell me! Argh.

Oh well, I owned FIFA 14 on PS4 and PC, maybe the same will be true of PES 2017.

Yea, I am pleasantly surprised.

*goes to find SweetFX mod....* (for those that don't know, it is a graphic mod)

Gnemi 09-14-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048429097)
Yea, I am pleasantly surprised.

*goes to find SweetFX mod....* (for those that don't know, it is a graphic mod)

Wait, what? Did you buy PES for both PS4 and PC or just for PC?

Matt10 09-14-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnemi (Post 2048429124)
Wait, what? Did you buy PES for both PS4 and PC or just for PC?

I bought both :)

Gnemi 09-14-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048429125)
I bought both :)

OMG, we're total losers. I think I'll play seasons / tournaments on the PS4 and Master League on my PC.

Matt10 09-14-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnemi (Post 2048429128)
OMG, we're total losers. I think I'll play seasons / tournaments on the PS4 and Master League on my PC.

Haha, sounds like a plan. PC is going to be awesome this year. PS4 is great for just plug and play an ML, or even play you lot online :)

Matt10 09-14-2016 10:22 PM

I will say that you absolutely have to do the 5 second change I mentioned. The positioning just does not stay right on "default". Ubers amounts of space, constantly end to end (literally). At least with the 5 second change, you can get defensive positioning. It's still going to be end to end, but not constantly.

lnin0 09-14-2016 10:27 PM

Any Xbox One players? How does frame rate and graphics hold up compared to demo...which seemed much better than past years. How is online? Ghost town?

Gnemi 09-14-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048429161)
I will say that you absolutely have to do the 5 second change I mentioned. The positioning just does not stay right on "default". Ubers amounts of space, constantly end to end (literally). At least with the 5 second change, you can get defensive positioning. It's still going to be end to end, but not constantly.

By 5 seconds, I thought it was something you'd have to do for every club? E.g. what are the implications for Master League?

wryly 09-14-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt10 (Post 2048429161)

Can I start a ML and do those edits game by game for my opponent? Or do I need to edit every team formation before I start the ML?