Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   In game injuries? (/forums/showthread.php?t=441091)

Muzyk23 09-06-2010 04:17 PM

Re: In game injuries?

remember, ' it's being better than the best ' and ' blazing it's own way to greatness ' that's the mantra

fatleg3 09-06-2010 04:23 PM

In-game injuries are just not a big deal to me. Sure it adds to the realism or whatever but does in-game injuries really effect what you are doing on the court.

I want things that are broke to be fixed first. Go ahead and talk about how the controls and feel was not broke but dont forget elite has a bigger market just then operation sports. I was one of the people saying i didnt like the way the animations played out in live10 so im sure there are many more beyond these forums. With the changes they have made their are just more important things the worry about then in-game injuries. Im sure in the future as they make the things that are more important better they will work on in game injuries. With everyone talking about the looks I would think people would ask for more detailed arenas which adds to the look of the game first because the only thing that is authentic as far as that goes is the courts and for the bench to have different reactions because they do the same things before i ask for in game injuries

To say the devs dont listen to the community is crazy. If they didnt they would not be here answering questions.

Muzyk23 09-06-2010 04:31 PM

^ you sound like a broken record..can you at least TRY to look at the game objectively for a minute?

WTF 09-06-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatleg3 (Post 2041565399)
In-game injuries are just not a big deal to me. Sure it adds to the realism or whatever but does in-game injuries really effect what you are doing on the court.

I want things that are broke to be fixed first. Go ahead and talk about how the controls and feel was not broke but dont forget elite has a bigger market then operation sports. With the changes they have made their are just more important things the worry about then in-game injuries. Im sure in the future as they make the things that are more important better they will work on in game injuries. I would ask for more detailed arenas which adds to the look of the game first because the only thing that is authentic as far as that goes is the courts and for the bench to have different reactions because they do the same things before i ask for in game injuries

To say the devs dont listen to the community is crazy. If they didnt they would not be here answering questions.

reAnimator, is that you? Don't feel they're important. Does it have an effect on what you're doing on the court? Seriously? It has EVERYTHING to do with what you're doing on the court. Who fills in for your star player when they go down with an injury? Nobody if you don't have injuries. How do you adjust your style of play to win those important games if you're missing your key scorer or assist man? Doesn't matter if you can't get injured.

Injuries have played huge roles in a teams success over the course of a season. How can anyone dispute that this is not important. For one off quick games, sure, maybe not important. For seasons and franchises, it's very important.

And you'd rather have different bench reactions than in game injuries. I'm now convinced that you are the key target that EA is trying to focus on. Bench reactions.... over injuries. I'm at a loss for words.

For your sake, if in game injuries make it in before real bench reactions, I hope that if a guy is injured, that he'll celebrate accurately if he's sidelined.

Rocboyz101 09-06-2010 04:36 PM

I guess its a dynasty mode thing..If you play association/dynasty, its kinda hard to imagine dealing with injuries only occurring while simming.

davis420 09-06-2010 04:39 PM

2 years in a row with no in-game injuries!? WOW!! This just made Elite really drop in my book. I thought EA said that they had the animations in last year so they could put the injuries in this year? I guess since there is no"canned animations" this year, EA needs another year to put them in the game. That is a poor excuse. If EA wants a real Basketball game then injuries need to be in the games that are played.

loadleft 09-06-2010 04:47 PM

If injuries aren't important why force players to sit out w/DNA updates when they're hurt IRL.

It's no big deal and has nothing to do with what goes on on the court so they shouldn't take them out through DNA

fatleg3 09-06-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 2041565429)
reAnimator, is that you? Don't feel they're important. Does it have an effect on what you're doing on the court? Seriously? It has EVERYTHING to do with what you're doing on the court. Who fills in for your star player when they go down with an injury? Nobody if you don't have injuries. How do you adjust your style of play to win those important games if you're missing your key scorer or assist man? Doesn't matter if you can't get injured.

Injuries have played huge roles in a teams success over the course of a season. How can anyone dispute that this is not important. For one off quick games, sure, maybe not important. For seasons and franchises, it's very important.

And you'd rather have different bench reactions than in game injuries. I'm now convinced that you are the key target that EA is trying to focus on. Bench reactions.... over injuries. I'm at a loss for words.

For your sake, if in game injuries make it in before real bench reactions, I hope that if a guy is injured, that he'll celebrate accurately if he's sidelined.

Yes in game injuries has nothing to do with me trying to run a play, or shoot the ball, or block a shot. It does not effect the way i play at all.

Im at a lost for words that you want injuries over more detailed things. You can see the players reaction everytime a ball goes in the basket. once again that adds to the game just like the crowd does

Like rockboy said maybe its a dynasty game. Being that i play mostly online in game injuries will not be any good. For every player to come right back the next game. No it just dont effect me that much. I especially dont want my star player to get hurt in a game when im playing some cheeser