Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OS Neighborhood (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Gatlinburg Tennessee Trip: Suggestions (/forums/showthread.php?t=882473)

Fresh Tendrils 10-30-2018 04:12 PM

Re: Gatlinburg Tennessee Trip: Suggestions

That looks great. Gatlinburg definitely had a different atmosphere and felt more like a mountain resort town than Pigeon Forge which is more of a sprawl.

When we go again I'd rather stay in Gatlinburg and then hit Pigeon Forge for a day or so to get those attractions in. Especially since we didn't get to venture out for hikes or any of the treetop adventuring.

Caulfield 10-30-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake44np (Post 2049592935)
We as a family got to Gatlinburg two times a year, sometimes 3.It is only about a 4 hour drive and we love it!I personally cannot stand Pigeon Forge but love Gatlinburg.The new place to go in Gatlinburg is Anakeesta, it just opened recently.

lol I'm about 4 hours away too and my family (anywhere from 35 to 45 of us, not just my immediate family, uncles and aunts and cousins included. My grandparents used to go but they both passed on about a dozen years ago) make the trek a couple times a year. But I usually only make the January trip. Looking forward to MLK weekend. Its the one bright spot for me from January to March. I really hate most of the rest of that 3 block stretch of the year.

Caulfield 01-19-2019 06:48 PM

I'm here in Gatlinburg this weekend, got here yesterday, leave Monday. There aren't really any places that I visit that I could see myself living there. You know , "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there ". Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge isnt one of them. I could live here easily, great place. When I go to Panama City Beach after 4 or 5 days I'm ready to get back home. Not here. Wish it was a 2 week vaca.

jake44np 01-29-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2049667570)
I'm here in Gatlinburg this weekend, got here yesterday, leave Monday. There aren't really any places that I visit that I could see myself living there. You know , "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there ". Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge isnt one of them. I could live here easily, great place. When I go to Panama City Beach after 4 or 5 days I'm ready to get back home. Not here. Wish it was a 2 week vaca.

I will live there one day, would be living their already if wasn't for my daughter.
She is 11 and I cannot move away from her, I am divorced and have joint custody so I cannot move her either.
Anyway my work has a standing offer to me that I can move there and cover that part of the country whenever I want.
My GF and I actually looked at property and houses/condos there about 6 months ago, the pricing is really not bad.
We will be moving there together one day once our girls are grown.

georgiafan 02-15-2019 09:38 AM

I love Gatlinburg its the place I've visited the most on vacation since its just 3 hours away and always brings back great family childhood memories. If anyone needs any tips or things to do and eat let me know as I keep a ongoing list of those on my computer. There is a good YouTube channel that I follow on the area called yankeeinthesouth.