Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   CFP National Championship Bama-Clemson Act III (/forums/showthread.php?t=944106)

canes21 01-07-2019 11:44 AM

Re: CFP National Championship Bama-Clemson Act III

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleCrown9 (Post 2049649328)
It's not even that. Clemson could absolutely win. They're just as good as Bama.

I just have no interest whatsoever in seeing this matchup again.

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to watch a game between the two best teams? Do their uniforms get on your nerves? What exactly tires you out about it? This is college football, outside of parts of the staffs and the uniforms these teams are different each time they meet up.

TripleCrown9 01-07-2019 11:50 AM

Because **** Alabama.

It's simple enough.

saintrules 01-07-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049656533)
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to watch a game between the two best teams? Do their uniforms get on your nerves? What exactly tires you out about it? This is college football, outside of parts of the staffs and the uniforms these teams are different each time they meet up.

Preach.

Isn't this why we watch/follow sports? We want to see the two best teams playing each other, legacies, dynasties, Hall of Famers, etc.

Times where there's five or six straight years of no dominant team gets on my nerves... we never look back and say, 'oh man remember when a different team won like six years in a row!? THAT WAS CRAZY! Nope, we say, 'remember how crazy dominant Saban and the Tide were? How dominant USC was with Pete? Miami in the late 90's early 2000's?

Ten, fifteen years from now, people will recall the Alabama vs. Clemson era as one of the greatest times of college football, ever.

BigDofBA 01-07-2019 06:52 PM

I’ve been an advocate of an 8 team playoff. Why? Because I want the two best teams to play in the title game.

Tonight we get that. I don’t understand why anyone would hate seeing the two best teams.

I realize Bama and Clemson are clearly the two best teams but it’s not always that clear cut. That’s why I want 8 teams. Let it play out on the field.

The playoff did what it was designed to do this year. Isn’t this what we wanted when we were complaining about the BCS?

Bama is on a historic run. Appreciate the greatness.

Jr. 01-07-2019 07:55 PM

Tua has to get the ball out quick. Take the check downs. I'm expecting Clemson to hit him low when they get the chance to aggravate his knees/ankles.

I don't know what to expect from Bama's defense against Lawrence. I haven't really watched him play much. Hopefully they can get some early pressure on him and rattle him, but from what I've heard/read, the kid has as much composure as anyone.

This is gonna be so awesome

EDIT: Looks like quite a few empty seats at the stadium

canes21 01-07-2019 08:03 PM

Anyway to watch this game with a VR broadcast similar to some NBA games?

jeebs9 01-07-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049657091)
Anyway to watch this game with a VR broadcast similar to some NBA games?

Link?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jeebs9 01-07-2019 08:22 PM

Pick 6 to start! Wow.. fooled

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk