Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Fist Pump Moments (/forums/showthread.php?t=879331)

countryboy 04-29-2016 09:18 AM

Re: Fist Pump Moments

Hit a walkoff double last night in extras with Matt Carpenter. I jumped out of my chair pumping my fist. :)

PhilliesFan13 04-29-2016 09:28 AM

Playing the first game of a 3 game series with the Mets. Noah Syndergaard on the mound. Only managed a solo home run off him with Maikel Franco. So I am down 2-1 in the 9th with 2 outs against Familia. Bring in Andres Blanco to pinch hit and on the first pitch I hit a game tying home run!! Jumped off my couch.

Then in the top of the 10th I hit a go ahead home run to center field with Odubel Herrera who had been hitless in his first 15 at-bats to start the season! Held on and won that game!

Started game 2 right after against Bartolo Colon. Game is tied 2-2 again in the 10th inning. I hit another go ahead home run to center field with David Lough. Thought I had it in the bag. Wrong. Bring in Jeanmar Gomez to close it out in the bottom of the 10th and promptly served up a game tying home run to Neil Walker. Was getting late so I saved for later. Outcome of this one still to be determined. Tied 3-3 in the 11th.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

countryboy 05-13-2016 11:12 PM

Randal Grichuk robbing a game tying homerun with 2 outs in the Top of the 9th. I yelled and pounded my chest as if I had just won the World Series.

RnRexpress3423 05-13-2016 11:55 PM

I just hit a walkoff homer during an online game. I hit a game tying shot in the 11th with Adam Lind then Seth Smith came up and bam! WALKOFF!!! Won 5-4. Dude threw so many damn balls, I just set the controller down and drank my beer.

lowkey_loc 05-14-2016 09:40 AM

Spring training game, down 5-0 against Tampa bay in the 1st inning. Kept patient and just tried to claw my way back. Had an opportunity in the 7th to tie the game at 5 but had a base running issue that prevented my runner that was on first to go to third. So instead of having two base runners I had only 1. Next batter up was Tulo and he slapped one to left field to bring us within 1. Thought to myself if I lose this game because of the base running bug I'd be upset. But in the bottom of the 9th with a base runner on, 3-2 counting 1 out Michael Saunders hits a walk off to right field to complete the comeback. And there was my fist pumping moment.

KBLover 05-14-2016 02:51 PM

Dueling with Boeve against Lucas Sims in the NLCS.

Both are throwing up zeroes. My slugging 3B hits a solo shot to go up 1-0 (fist pumps) and then I stay with Boeve for the 9th and he rings up 2 out of 3 hitters to win the pitching duel with a CG SHO (more fist pumps).

countryboy 05-19-2016 09:00 AM

Had two last night vs the Rangers:

* Deshields lead the game off with a triple and Leake proceeded to strike out Choo, Fielder, and Hamilton to get out of the early jam.

* Later in the 6th, bases loaded with 1 out. Leake gets Fielder to hit into a 6-4-3 double play to end the threat.

Unfortunately we still lost the game 4-0. :(

KBLover 05-19-2016 12:31 PM

Hitting walkoff HR in back-to-back games (Carter with a walk-off 2-run HR to win 5-4 and Sano with a walkoff bomb to win 2-1).

Dancing through rain drops with Alex Reyes in the third game for pretty much his whole outing. A walk and 2 singles loaded them in the 1st and he got out of it with 2 K's and a ground out.

2 RISP, one out in the second, K and 2 pop ups.

2 RISP, one out in the third, 2 K,s and a ground out

Runners on the corners, no out in the fourth - gave up a run but got a DP to get out of it.

An actual 1-2-3 inning in the fifth (almost worth a fist pump after the rest of that outing)

Was fist pumps mixed in with "Come on, Reyes!"

Ended up winning 5-2.