Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Roster Editing Solution! (/forums/showthread.php?t=255714)

Boregard 07-13-2008 11:25 PM

Re: Roster Editing Solution!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy (Post 2038496966)
If they are illegal characters, how'd could they have possibly gotten into his file? Do you have a theory that you can share with us?

There is a "theory" that EA did the names in "code" and passed it on to Pasta. If that is the case, and I have no idea, I doubt that either EA or Pasta would be free to confirm that. Maybe they could/would but I believe that due to the NCAA players' status as amateurs EA would be"prevented" from admitting to this, even if it is true.

All that said, why the hell wouldn't EA have tested this out??? They know that 90+% of people want edited rosters, so why the hell would they not bring in one of these roster guru guys in order to be absolutely positive that there were not any issues????

Now watch, they will find a work around, everybody will be happy, then they will get Madden and find out the import draft classes doesn't work at all, or will crash your franchise, or worse.

EA really needs to fire the guys in charge of quality control and every tester they have. How can the game ship with this issue? Because they did not test it!!!!! Not to mention the fact that nearly everyone who has posted an impression has said that the K/P coverage is horrible! Again, why??? Because the testers they have suck!!!

I would do it for an advanced to copy to test and I know damn well that I wouldn't miss this kinda stuff. Just like the issue from 08, where if you edited any rookies they would end up being 26 years old. How do you miss that? The game should never make it to production with those kind of issues!!!!

Skyboxer 07-13-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2038496888)
if you're not going to do any editing, then you are fine from what I understand to use Pasta's rosters. If you are going to edit ANYTHING, you are better off waiting.

In my humble opinion, I would wait.

I've been using them and editing players since Saturday with no problems. I have not made a name with 11 characters but other than that I've done plenty of editing.
The only other thing I did was once I downloaded them I saved t6hem again and renamed them and deleted the original download.

BoomerSooner11 07-13-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2038497120)
I've been using them and editing players since Saturday with no problems. I have not made a name with 11 characters but other than that I've done plenty of editing.
The only other thing I did was once I downloaded them I saved t6hem again and renamed them and deleted the original download.

What kind of editing have you done so far?

ballaspence9493 07-13-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QB Eagles (Post 2038496277)
The rosters all work - just go off line - This was all fabricated by fairytale kings who couldnt figure out to turn his xbox live off and go off line. Meanwhile hes blaming pasta and ea sports for being in collusion. The guy is lost. The best part is he's "editing" Pasta's work. What a joke...

he was on ign boards as well pumpin up dt and dissin fairdale. anyways, is your buddy (countryboy) going to upload the rosters to the ea locker? cuz even thugh i dont have the game, i was going to just go ahead and name every player myself w/o dloadin nything but if ur bud is already makin progress, then he can svae me a lotta time. or if fk gets his rosters done w/o ny probs.

Geauxldenboy 07-13-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Do you happen to remember if you were online while you did that? That was one of the first things that I tried. I downloaded the roster, made changes, saved it under a new title, but I still experienced freezing and disappearing teams.

Comet21 07-13-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

This works for me also, and it seems like Pasta Padre has taken his rosters down.

Comet21 07-14-2008 12:00 AM

I take that back, the game does not freeze anymore, but teams still are deleted.

ballaspence9493 07-14-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comet21 (Post 2038497205)
This works for me also, and it seems like Pasta Padre has taken his rosters down.

god. i thought we had an edge up on the ps3 again. lol. this is bad news tho cuz i nvr dloaded it cuz i dont hav the game. and i was thinkin jus about dloadin his rosters and editin a few things in dynasty for michigan but now....

i have a feeling everything will be sorted out come release day.