Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI) (/forums/showthread.php?t=326337)

jsquigg 06-16-2009 02:00 PM

Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Powerhouse vs. Weak School (AI vs. AI)

Unfortunately, this game hasn't made any significant improvements over last year. The continued lack of presentation is inexcusable, but not as inexcusable as the game play. I have a feeling "robo QB" is back and as mentioned previously, the running animations are somewhat gimmicky. But the #1 problem I have is the lack of any scheming in line play. Just because the OL can form a pocket doesn't mean it should look like that every play, especially when a DL can dominate and prevent the pocket from forming. The run game blocking is broken, especially on the option. The game happens in the trenches, not on the skill sticks with skill players. I'd like to see more strategy on both lines, not force fed this pro tak pocket forming garbage. Just my two cents.

65South 06-16-2009 02:12 PM

I've been nothing but a NCAA football player for the last 3-4 years, gave up Madden during that time, but after watching this video there are a couple of things that worry me...

1. There STILL seems to be a lack of pass rush. This definitely should not be a problem with Florida in the trenches against Utah State. This is called "Powerhouse vs. Weak School" for a reason.

2. AI Play-calling. I think this has been touched on a lot in this thread so no reason for me to repeat it.

3. Why in the heck are offensive lineman (still) turning around to face the dog-on QB!?? I surely hope this is something that will be remedied before release or via patch update shortly after.

I was about as excited as any hardcore NCAA player, but I'm just not at the point where I can drop 60 bucks on a product that is shipped while incomplete only hoping to have it fixed after market. Having new "bells and whistles", season showdown or online dynasty just isn't going to be enough to have me sweep gameplay issues under the rug. I'm not talking about roster stuff here, but to me these seem to be common things that go with the game of football.

When did we get to this point where we're expected to buy an incomplete or bugged product, paying up-front, and have it fixed later??

sportzbro 06-16-2009 02:18 PM

Just watched it..

The only good that I could really pick out were the fixed pursuit angles & the lighting for night games, which looks great.

Other than that, the running & throwing animations continue to hurt my eyes. Absolutely no sense of weight or momentum. Twitch running has got to be addressed with that being said.. Lack of presentation goes without saying at this point. Ball physics on passes look horrible.

And how isn't Florida (at home no less) only managing a 27-0 lead? In reality, it would be more like 60-7 by this point. Florida should be dominating every aspect of this game, yet the Aggies were still able to blow up Florida's line several times. The Gators should be running circles around them..

These videos continue to kill any hope I may have left for 2010.

MacPlex 06-16-2009 03:00 PM

Lol at all thses guys saying running on 3rd and long is not realistic. Playing the number 1 team and Im using utah state. I am not going to risk a pic and field position. Id rather run get 5 yards or so n punt the ball.

mjussawalla 06-16-2009 03:08 PM

After seeing the video, I think EA needs to improve the CPU play calling chart? (i.e. so they know what calls to make in what situation)

It seems the CPU randomly call plays based on the school's/coach Run-Pass tendencies. i.e. if it is a 60%Run-40%Pass there is a 60% probability they will run on every play.

jsquigg 06-16-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacPlex (Post 2039711826)
Lol at all thses guys saying running on 3rd and long is not realistic. Playing the number 1 team and Im using utah state. I am not going to risk a pic and field position. Id rather run get 5 yards or so n punt the ball.

Great strategy! Run the ball to keep the clock going so we can get out of Florida as fast as possible. Wait.... That makes no sense at all, since that would mean they aren't playing for the win. I would want you to coach my bad college team so we could run every play to try and keep the game within six touchdowns.

If you think it's NOT a game play flaw to run on third and long for any team (consistently) than you probably don't comprehend football too well. This is a problem because it happened twice in a clip that is a small sample size of the plays that will happen in a full game. It's also a problem because it happened a lot last year. Unfortunately, I think there is too much randomness still in cpu play calling. Based on what I've seen, I definitely won't be buying on opening day.

legendkiller5 06-16-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacPlex (Post 2039711826)

So...I guess you don't like being employed?

Strummer101er 06-16-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORN4CORN (Post 2039711651)

And how isn't Florida (at home no less) only managing a 27-0 lead? In reality, it would be more like 60-7 by this point.

Looks like five-minute quarters to me. 27-0 seems like a good score if you take that into account.