Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OMT..Quick Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=304041)

eritraj 03-19-2009 12:46 AM

OMT..Quick Question

I am very interested in the details of the game...Little things go a long way with me.

My question is: Have you added new Revolution facemasks (specifically the one Percy Harvin wears), eye black and/or dreadlocks to NCAA 2010?

These details seem very small, but I know a great deal of serious gamers notice these details like I do. I REALLY REALLY hope all three are in this years game.

I'll hang up and listen...Thanks

Young J 334 03-19-2009 12:55 AM

Re: OMT..Quick Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039319258)
I am very interested in the details of the game...Little things go a long way with me.

My question is: Have you added new Revolution facemasks (specifically the one Percy Harvin wears), eye black and/or dreadlocks to NCAA 2010?

These details seem very small, but I know a great deal of serious gamers notice these details like I do. I REALLY REALLY hope all three are in this years game.

I for one would love for my created player or campus legend guy to dreads seeing to it that I do. Its kinda hard seeing myself w/o dreads when I got so used to seeing them hang out of the back of my helmet in high school

eritraj 03-19-2009 01:00 AM

I just don't understand how they had them what...three years ago for 360 and then they just took them out of the game...I am also pretty sure they have eye black for Larry Fitzgerald in Madden, but you can't add it to anyone else.

It honestly can't be that hard to add them or take much time of these details to the game. Adding these three requests would add so much realism to many many players in the game.

Young J 334 03-19-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039319298)
I just don't understand how they had them what...three years ago for 360 and then they just took them out of the game...I am also pretty sure they have eye black for Larry Fitzgerald in Madden, but you can't add it to anyone else.

It honestly can't be that hard to add them or take much time of these details to the game. Adding these three requests would add so much realism to many many players in the game.

agreed:appl:

justmanj 03-19-2009 01:41 AM

You mentioned eye black. Most players now wear the eye black with the teams logo on it. I think i would just about die if i saw Terrelle Pryor in NCAA Football 10 with his one "O" eye black and one Buckeye eye black.

da ThRONe 03-19-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmanj (Post 2039319407)
You mentioned eye black. Most players now wear the eye black with the teams logo on it. I think i would just about die if i saw Terrelle Pryor in NCAA Football 10 with his one "O" eye black and one Buckeye eye black.

I think its safe to say you'll live to see another year!

eritraj 03-19-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmanj (Post 2039319407)

As would I...A buddy of mine or been wishing for this for years...

Also calf bands would be awesome...About 75% of UF players wear calf bands...

Also one arm bare and one arm with long sleeve...Ala Reggie Bush at USC...Pryor does this too sometimes.

I know you can do just one arm full sleeve in MLB the Show...It looks awesome.

Child Rebel 03-19-2009 03:34 AM

Like I've said already a few times, It's as obvious as the day is blue that EA couldn't care less about what we want to see in a college football game. For some reason, adding details as small as a variation in cleats and color, a sock slider, more facemask, leg bands, towls, actual nike sleeves with logos and more variations, etc, are to difficult for EA to add in a game. Details as small as this would make the game so much better, but EA can't seem to do it. I don't see what's so hard, but hey, I'm a fan. What do I know about what I want?

Allaboutme 03-19-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Child Rebel (Post 2039319522)
Like I've said already a few times, It's as obvious as the day is blue that EA couldn't care less about what we want to see in a college football game. For some reason, adding details as small as a variation in cleats and color, a sock slider, more facemask, leg bands, towls, actual nike sleeves with logos and more variations, etc, are to difficult for EA to add in a game. Details as small as this would make the game so much better, but EA can't seem to do it. I don't see what's so hard, but hey, I'm a fan. What do I know about what I want?

You may know what you want, but im sure you dont know if its hard or not to do what you want via scripting and if you do, you probably should make your own game.

eritraj 03-19-2009 01:17 PM

Bump...I'm going to be persistent until I get a response...:y7:

NikB13 03-19-2009 01:22 PM

I would be stoked if one screen shot had the percy harvin facemask in it. thats one thing i've been wanting for like 4 years. more equipment options and new stuff like calf bands that would be so sweet.

eritraj 03-19-2009 02:53 PM

Shameless bump...

Boucher 03-19-2009 02:58 PM

Maybe it'll be a weekly update

eritraj 03-19-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher (Post 2039321147)
Maybe it'll be a weekly update

I would run naked though the streets if they added the "Percy Harvin" Revolution, dreadlocks and eye black.

TrevJo 03-19-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikB13 (Post 2039320608)
I would be stoked if one screen shot had the percy harvin facemask in it. thats one thing i've been wanting for like 4 years. more equipment options and new stuff like calf bands that would be so sweet.

I would be stoked if Percy Harvin came back and played for Florida again this year!

eritraj 03-19-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevJo (Post 2039321327)
I would be stoked if Percy Harvin came back and played for Florida again this year!

Andre DeBose should to a great job picking up where Percy left off...

CLEAR17 03-19-2009 04:01 PM

Tebow always wears eye black, but unfortunately according to this new screenshot there will be no eye black. Hopefully things can change.

eritraj 03-19-2009 04:13 PM

This facemask should be in the game...Notice how far it sticks out.

eritraj 03-19-2009 04:16 PM

This one is a must...MUST be in NCAA 10...I do not want to wait another year.

eritraj 03-19-2009 04:18 PM

How bout this one too...On the left.

eritraj 03-19-2009 04:23 PM

One arm sleeve...Would be awesome to have this option. Shouldn't be too hard to add. Also eye black!

CLEAR17 03-19-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039321542)

One arm sleeve...Would be awesome to have this option. Shouldn't be too hard to add. Also eye black!

The funniest part about wanting this feature is that Reggie didn't do this on purpose. During this game his right sleeve got torn so the cut the rest of the sleeve off.

eritraj 03-19-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEAR17 (Post 2039321729)
The funniest part about wanting this feature is that Reggie didn't do this on purpose. During this game his right sleeve got torn so the cut the rest of the sleeve off.

Haha yea I know...I was watching the game. Since then though, it has been a pretty popular style.

Fresno State game if I remember correctly...

CLEAR17 03-19-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039321739)
Haha yea I know...I was watching the game. Since then though, it has been a pretty popular style.

Fresno State game if I remember correctly...

Yes sir that is correct...he absolutely owned Fresno that game. That game is the reason why on Madden and NCAA football when you push down on the R-stick players do the back step juke (never works for me, altough never used it much anyway)

stoncold32 03-19-2009 06:04 PM

I wish Reggie was on a different team...he doesnt get loose with the Saints like he could on some other teams.

TheCreep 03-19-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039321522)

Thats a mean *** cage. I like that.

eritraj 03-19-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCreep (Post 2039322294)
Thats a mean *** cage. I like that.

Yea it is a nasty facemask for OL and DL...

I don't understand how they added new Revo facemasks last year the like kicker that no one uses or cares about. Also the QB1 style...I have never seen that style on a real person in my life. Doubt it even exists.

rwk2009 03-19-2009 07:42 PM

I only read the first page, but half sleeves with just the upper half would be great.

Young J 334 03-19-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEAR17 (Post 2039321836)
Yes sir that is correct...he absolutely owned Fresno that game. That game is the reason why on Madden and NCAA football when you push down on the R-stick players do the back step juke (never works for me, altough never used it much anyway)

It only works on humans. Lol. I can usually pull it out once a game. The cpu ghost tackles you every time you try it tho

rwk2009 03-19-2009 11:02 PM

I like the backjuke, I've had some of my best runs in the game come off of that.

gamecox3 03-20-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039321522)

Wow the visor actually fits the facemask...

Squeezee12 03-20-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecox3 (Post 2039324156)
Wow the visor actually fits the facemask...

hahahahaha

Child Rebel 03-20-2009 04:40 AM

I think that's a no...

eritraj 03-20-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Child Rebel (Post 2039324436)
I think that's a no...

I hope with the time they have left they can add at least the new Revolution facemasks...It honestly shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to a day total to expand the equipment/asthetic options...

The ratio for time spent putting them in the game to the amount of realism they add to the game is astronomical.

So many players have dreadlocks, so many players wear eyeblack and so many players wear the "Percy Harvin" Revo...

Seems like a very simple way to add a ton of "atmosphere" and realism to college football.

Please OMT...Many are begging you! :y220:

HarkTheSound 03-20-2009 08:06 PM

About the whole one arm sleeve thing Ive noticed alot of players do that nowadays...like Dez Bryant and Zac Robinson of OK St. and Ive seen Chase Daniel do it a few times as well. So did Cam Sexton of UNC. That would be a welcome adition to this game.

ODogg 03-20-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eritraj (Post 2039319258)

Do you really believe if they didn't add a major thing such as dreadlocks they would go into detail of adding facemasks? LOL..

eritraj 03-20-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2039327052)
Do you really believe if they didn't add a major thing such as dreadlocks they would go into detail of adding facemasks? LOL..

Actually yea, they did last year. They add a couple new Revolution facemasks... 1 people actually wear (Tim Tebow)... and 2 or 3 I have never seen anyone wear.

I just hope they add facemasks the majority of players wear ie. Percy Harvin facemask..

Squeezee12 03-20-2009 10:23 PM

They need to do something with the Revo facemask.... I dont even use them because of how they stick so far out! They look stupid. Def need to be fixed.

lionsfan715 03-20-2009 11:51 PM

Your wishes are not heard

Child Rebel 03-21-2009 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionsfan715 (Post 2039327625)
Your wishes are not heard

That's becoming increasingly obvious.