Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ankle braces turning white made it over to ncaa 12 (/forums/showthread.php?t=473633)

M1ndHe1st 03-15-2011 04:40 PM

ankle braces turning white made it over to ncaa 12

check the first video, the florida players

sportzbro 03-15-2011 05:48 PM

Re: ankle braces turning white made it over to ncaa 12

I noticed this too.

dan_457 03-15-2011 06:19 PM

Never knew this was an "issue". :nocomprende:

M1ndHe1st 03-15-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_457 (Post 2042214467)
Never knew this was an "issue". :nocomprende:

it's just annoying to look at

mrMagic91 03-15-2011 07:04 PM

I dont look at ankle braces while im trying to score a touchdown. I look at the defense

slick589 03-15-2011 07:47 PM

^ well i pay 60 bucks for the game so i tend to look at every aspect of gameplay and graphics

mrMagic91 03-15-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick589 (Post 2042214803)
^ well i pay 60 bucks for the game so i tend to look at every aspect of gameplay and graphics

Well aren't you special? Let me go grab you a cookie

slick589 03-15-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrMagic91 (Post 2042214866)

relax scrub im simply stating different people expect different things from their games. you must be one of those people who believe theres only one side to every argument must be a bama thing

mrMagic91 03-15-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick589 (Post 2042214911)
relax scrub im simply stating different people expect different things from their games. you must be one of those people who believe theres only one side to every argument must be a bama thing

I wouldnt know what a "Bama Thing" is. I live in Austin, Texas. I am a fan of The Tide. And different ppl do expect different things, I understand. I dont believe its one side to every argument. But ankle braces turning brown or white. We cant even see it while we are playing. Be honest, when you are trying to score a touch down on a sweep, are you going to be looking at the ankle braces or a way to evade the defender or find the zone in the defense? No harm man.

miami01 03-15-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrMagic91 (Post 2042214627)
I dont look at ankle braces while im trying to score a touchdown. I look at the defense

So your saying that as long as the game is a football game, it doesn't matter if the graphics and presentation look like the ones from tecmo bowl

SteelerSpartan 03-15-2011 08:46 PM

yeah I'll notice, throughout the course of the game

This was was a glitch that was noted fairly quickly after dirty uniforms were added last year

Quit acting like what doesn't effect you shouldn't effect other people

mrMagic91 03-15-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miami01 (Post 2042214999)
So your saying that as long as the game is a football game, it doesn't matter if the graphics and presentation look like the ones from tecmo bowl

Thats an absurd view sir. So no. I am a presentation and visual man myself. Im fine with the gameplay dude. As long as presentation and visuals improves each year, gameplay can improve minimum for as far as Im concerned. Check out my wishlist and stuff. But you guys are talking about the color of an ankle brace. just think about it man. Well I guess what Im trying to say is that you didnt need to make a thread about the color of an ankle brace

Tengo Juego 03-15-2011 08:51 PM

Hated this. Although, once they turned completely white, it wasn't all that bad. I'd like the option to have black, white, and team color ankle braces. Just make sure they stay that color.

ConVick 03-15-2011 10:04 PM

Hated this too...especially in replays. It is an issue but I think it is related to the lighting system

Segagendude 03-15-2011 10:39 PM

Gamekiller!

AndrewGW88 03-15-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segagendude (Post 2042215438)
Gamekiller!

I really hope :y220: that this is sarcastic....

Gossennator 03-15-2011 11:07 PM

I think it has something to do with the lighting..should be an easy fix though.

M1ndHe1st 03-16-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gossennator (Post 2042215542)

i hope so.........

prowler 03-16-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gossennator (Post 2042215542)

It's some how linked to dirty uniforms as the braces gradually get whiter as uniforms get dirtier; they remain black on artificial fields.

44drob 03-16-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prowler (Post 2042216133)
It's some how linked to dirty uniforms as the braces gradually get whiter as uniforms get dirtier; they remain black on artificial fields.

Yeah on grass when you start the game their black but after a couple of hits they turn all beige and what not

stevensa08 03-16-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrMagic91 (Post 2042214866)

Lol:cheers444

Three Seed 03-16-2011 02:59 PM

How do so many people notice this? Not saying it doesn't matter and you shouldn't care, just surprised how many people actually notice.

Roggie 03-16-2011 03:01 PM

Can't lie, never noticed it once in game. I don't really stare at ankle braces while I'm playing. I tend to try to read players instead of trying to see what they look like. But that's just me. I juke them, and they fall while trying to tackle me. When they fall, I laugh instead of looking at their ankles going OMG, THEY TURNED WHITE.

mrMagic91 03-16-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roggie (Post 2042217192)
Can't lie, never noticed it once in game. I don't really stare at ankle braces while I'm playing. I tend to try to read players instead of trying to see what they look like. But that's just me. I juke them, and they fall while trying to tackle me. When they fall, I laugh instead of looking at their ankles going OMG, THEY TURNED WHITE.

haha. Glad its one on my side

dsmith710 03-16-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roggie (Post 2042217192)

Never noticed it once either. I'm a huge graphics guy and play NCAA football like crazy but not once noticed the color of ankle braces.

dan_457 03-16-2011 03:38 PM

I've played NCAA 11 like crazy as well and had never noticed this. This is about as important as the bug where a player with Long socks will revert to having short socks at the begging of a new season.

Agent 007 03-16-2011 03:49 PM

Ive noticed it but just thought of it as odd.

ConVick 03-16-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Seed (Post 2042217187)
How do so many people notice this? Not saying it doesn't matter and you shouldn't care, just surprised how many people actually notice.

My thing is, how did EA not notice this

ConVick 03-16-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan_457 (Post 2042217314)
I've played NCAA 11 like crazy as well and had never noticed this. This is about as important as the bug where a player with Long socks will revert to having short socks at the begging of a new season.

I hated that bug. It was annoying during dynasties; not a big deal but still

boredhusband 03-16-2011 06:02 PM

EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE A BIG DEAL OR ELSE EA WON'T FIX IT!!

the only way to get what you want is to complain. just look at how long the "dreads" thread from last year was and now dreads are in the upcoming game.

Roggie 03-16-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredhusband (Post 2042217755)
EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE A BIG DEAL OR ELSE EA WON'T FIX IT!!

the only way to get what you want is to complain. just look at how long the "dreads" thread from last year was and now dreads are in the upcoming game.

Big difference to a lot of people. Dreads are huge in football. They help differentiate players. They're something that every person playing the game, even an eight year old, will notice.

Ankle braces changing colors? You have to be looking for it to see it. So it's not really a realistic argument to compare dreads to ankle braces.

ConVick 03-16-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roggie (Post 2042218095)
Big difference to a lot of people. Dreads are huge in football. They help differentiate players. They're something that every person playing the game, even an eight year old, will notice.

Ankle braces changing colors? You have to be looking for it to see it. So it's not really a realistic argument to compare dreads to ankle braces.

Seriously, how do people not notice it? I remember at this same time last year when EA was showing videos of the offense types. I was like, "that was amazing blocking" then, "what the hell is wrong with their ankles."

Roggie 03-16-2011 09:04 PM

I don't see how people look at it. My eyes NEVER once look at a player's feet while I play. You literally have to be looking for something like that to see it.

illwill10 03-16-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roggie (Post 2042218387)
I don't see how people look at it. My eyes NEVER once look at a player's feet while I play. You literally have to be looking for something like that to see it.

have to agree. I did not notice it. I am not a person who looks for things to be out of place. The only look at the feet of players when I select Team color shoes. I always select Ankle Braces for RTG and Dynasty.
I rather them work on gameplay:smile:(Im not like alot of people on here, I know two different teams.) . But If I want to get graphical, I want to see Team Color Gloves and socks, and more generated faces.
I am a balanced fan. I am not at all a big equipment guy. I want to see great graphics and great gameplay. I am glad about dreads and 3d grass and crowd. I want to see great gameplay, but not like a lot of people. There are probably alot of people on here who will take Great Gameplay and PS1 graphics. If a game doesnt have good graphics, I cant play it at all.

mavfan21 03-16-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrMagic91 (Post 2042214627)

Why not make all home unis black with white numbers and road unis white with black numbers and have the announcers call them 'the home team" and "the away team"?

As was stated earlier, it's a 60 dollar game we pay for year, after year, after year...it shouldn't have some of the same issues year, after year, after year.

dan_457 03-17-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavfan21 (Post 2042218543)
Why not make all home unis black with white numbers and road unis white with black numbers and have the announcers call them 'the home team" and "the away team"?

As was stated earlier, it's a 60 dollar game we pay for year, after year, after year...it shouldn't have some of the same issues year, after year, after year.

Stop comparing something so minor as the ankle braces turning white, to not having any individualization or detail at all. It's an incredibly minor issue that probably less than 1% of everyone who has played NCAA even noticed. Should they fix it, yes eventually, but the world isn't going to end over ankle braces. When you pay 60$ for a game, do you seriously take ankle brace color into consideration? If you do, you're buying the wrong game.

And yes, often times NCAA does carry issues from one year to the next, but lets worry about robo qb, supermen linebackers and terrible Defensive AI being carried over, before we worry about ankle braces.

mrMagic91 03-17-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

really guy? Im not even going to argue with you. How is ankle braces turning another color an "issue" in the game. Gosh man.

TrojanMan3 03-17-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

I hope ur kidding

Roggie 03-17-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

You're kidding, right? Refer to my earlier post about comparing one major thing that 100% of people will notice to something that maybe 2% of people will notice. It's not something you can compare and act as if they're the exact same.

I'm not trying to bash anyone who sees this as a big deal. I apologize if I'm coming off as that way. But I just don't see how this is even a small deal, when it's not something that has an affect on anything at all. It's not like it's something that differentiates players, because if you tell your players apart from them wearing braces or not, you're not going to have much luck when playing.

Zasnow 03-17-2011 02:34 AM

I hate it about the ankle braces but just do what I done. Take an hou out of your day and take them off everyone. Problem solved. Well, for the most part.