Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Still no Loose QB sleeves!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=480106)

sva91 04-28-2011 12:31 PM

Still no Loose QB sleeves!!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=91&ty=98I know the art team have made huge strides this year, and are have mentioned new equipment and authentic details..... but why havent they been able to add loose qb sleeves? Brady, Romo, Eli & Peyton Manning all wear them. I wonder if they still have time to add this.

209vaughn 04-28-2011 03:38 PM

Re: Still no Loose QB sleeves!!

Do you see all the work the EA team is putting into this new game? Aand you're whinning about "loose sleeves"? GTFO. EA has about a billion other more important things to do you mouth breathing idiot.

Mr5000 04-28-2011 03:40 PM

Man, I swear some of you will find some minor detail to gripe about.

BezO 04-28-2011 03:42 PM

Would've been a cool addition to new equipment since they worked on that this year, especially since most QBs wear their sleeves like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209vaughn (Post 2042350954)
Do you see all the work the EA team is putting into this new game? Aand you're whinning about "loose sleeves"? GTFO. EA has about a billion other more important things to do you mouth breathing idiot.

You could've just skipped this post. Look out for your warning.

MrSkagTrendy 04-28-2011 03:46 PM

It looks so old fashioned, I hate sleeves like that on football jerseys

Nonetheless it should be in the game for those that want it, even if it is a little comical how much it means to certain people.

209vaughn 04-28-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BezO (Post 2042350973)
Would've been a cool addition to new equipment since they worked on that this year, especially since most QBs wear their sleeves like that.

You could've just skipped this post. Look out for your warning.

Well sometimes you just got to foul the idiot and recieve your yellow card like a man.

BezO 04-28-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209vaughn (Post 2042351004)
Well sometimes you just got to foul the idiot and recieve your yellow card like a man.

I know. Only your wishlist is important and should be addressed. I dare the idiots be interested in anything else.

43M 04-28-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, because real men insult others over the internet like you, right? Sure sure.

I wouldve actually agreed with what you said though about it being a very small priority if you had stopped before insulting the guy, though.

BlackJack_Williams 04-28-2011 04:00 PM

No doubt man but I'm sure with many of the things that they're trying to fit into the game, they may surprise you, if NOT... then with the many major improvements they're making, I'm sure sleeves can be fit in there somewhere down the line. Just how they did with the towels, probably gotta figure out the minor physics and stuff of sleeves.

Unnecessary posts will probably get this thread closed, please keep it moving.

canes21 04-28-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

The guy is an idiot because he wants EA to add something to the game that will only make it better?

bxgoods 04-28-2011 04:01 PM

I agree, it adds to the authencity for look and feel, but its not at the top of my priority list.

sva91 04-28-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

It's actually receive*, but whatever.

And I'm not complaining, I'm just posting something I'd like to see. Colored cleats, hand warmers, the green dot on the back of the helmet are not big details, but collectively they add a lot to the authenticity. The QB is the focal point of the screen when you play Madden, he should be given as much detail as possible. And to me, not having these aformentioned Qb's with their proper sleeves just doesn't look right...its like having John Stockton in baggy shorts.

Lexicon 04-28-2011 04:23 PM

I see what he's saying though. If presentation is going to be such a big part of their focus this year, how could they leave something like loose sleeves out. Arguably the top player in the league wears them, but they can get the green dot on the helmet? I know they can't add everything, but this is a pretty big thing IMO. He didn't say anything negative about EA, he's just disappointed that they missed a big aspect of some players uniforms.

coogrfan 04-28-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sva91 (Post 2042351098)
It's actually receive*, but whatever.

And I'm not complaining, I'm just posting something I'd like to see. Colored cleats, hand warmers, the green dot on the back of the helmet are not big details, but collectively they add a lot to the authenticity. The QB is the focal point of the screen when you play Madden, he should be given as much detail as possible. And to me, not having these aformentioned Qb's with their proper sleeves just doesn't look right...its like having John Stockton in baggy shorts.

Well said.

Smoke6 04-28-2011 04:55 PM

The "cosmetic crowd" had there run at this the past few years, and for him to gripe about sleeves in this day and age when gameplay and franchise has been neglected was just not right timing on his part.

I really am trying to grasp the fact that people really get off on that type detail "every game" enough to warrant a gripe thread about it. After about 5 games or so, im not caring if my QB or RB has sleeves or a mouthpiece, its not gonna make them play any better or help with other flaws that have been bothering this game.

Once gameplay is where it should be at, then you can gripe about sleeves, jewlery, or whatever else floats your boat.

jeremym480 04-28-2011 05:49 PM

I rating this thread 5 stars but, for all the wrong reasons. Keep up the good work guys this is hilarious stuff. :lol:

canes21 04-28-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke6 (Post 2042351218)
The "cosmetic crowd" had there run at this the past few years, and for him to gripe about sleeves in this day and age when gameplay and franchise has been neglected was just not right timing on his part.

I really am trying to grasp the fact that people really get off on that type detail "every game" enough to warrant a gripe thread about it. After about 5 games or so, im not caring if my QB or RB has sleeves or a mouthpiece, its not gonna make them play any better or help with other flaws that have been bothering this game.

Once gameplay is where it should be at, then you can gripe about sleeves, jewlery, or whatever else floats your boat.

They have multiple teams of people who work on the game. Some guys strictly make animation throughout the entire process, other research statistics and find ways to get the game to reflect them, some guys work on plays all the time, some guys work on graphics, some work on accessories, some work on team traditions, etc. Gameplay is going to improve if the gameplay guys work on it enough like it looks this year. Gameplay and graphics, details, etc. can all improve together too.

You may not care about facemasks, 3D grass, wristbands, gloves, green dots, visor clamps, sock lengths, but other players do. I care about the atmosphere and feel of the game as much as gameplay. This game could have gameplay that tops anything I have played, but if it has little to no detail, has no atmosphere, and presentation is worse than it already is, then I won't enjoy the game.

It may seem like something little, but adding loose sleeves would help me enjoy the game more. Would you rather play game A that has good gameplay and all the little details that makes the game feel alive or Game B that has good gameplay and feels bland in atmosphere, details, presentation?

Smoke6 04-28-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2042351443)
They have multiple teams of people who work on the game. Some guys strictly make animation throughout the entire process, other research statistics and find ways to get the game to reflect them, some guys work on plays all the time, some guys work on graphics, some work on accessories, some work on team traditions, etc. Gameplay is going to improve if the gameplay guys work on it enough like it looks this year. Gameplay and graphics, details, etc. can all improve together too.

You may not care about facemasks, 3D grass, wristbands, gloves, green dots, visor clamps, sock lengths, but other players do. I care about the atmosphere and feel of the game as much as gameplay. This game could have gameplay that tops anything I have played, but if it has little to no detail, has no atmosphere, and presentation is worse than it already is, then I won't enjoy the game.

It may seem like something little, but adding loose sleeves would help me enjoy the game more. Would you rather play game A that has good gameplay and all the little details that makes the game feel alive or Game B that has good gameplay and feels bland in atmosphere, details, presentation?

Then you must have enjoyed madden alot when they had tattoo's and dreads on the players who had them irl? The number of people like you are not even in double digits percentage wise compared to those who rather have more fluid game play and stability with that engine. After thats been handled then reign free with rainbow uniforms and stuff for all I care.

If wristbands and seeing the facemask be actually connected with nuts and bolts makes a game for you, then how do you feel about the ice skating, suction blocks/tackles and canned animations that never changed?

Is all that overlooked because your player looks spiffy in the game? Oh thats right, those colored cleats make my player run faster and look good at the same time, gotta make sure he has that swagger to go with it right?

BOLDED: Obviously they dont have enough, since you dont see players with short sleeves, unique face masks, and colored cleats. Im pretty sure that doesnt take up as much time and energy as getting the game to run and play smoothly does, or even upgrading franchise mode and presentation.

But to each is his own!

canes21 04-28-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke6 (Post 2042351518)
Then you must have enjoyed madden alot when they had tattoo's and dreads on the players who had them irl? The number of people like you are not even in double digits percentage wise compared to those who rather have more fluid game play and stability with that engine. After thats been handled then reign free with rainbow uniforms and stuff for all I care.

If wristbands and seeing the facemask be actually connected with nuts and bolts makes a game for you, then how do you feel about the ice skating, suction blocks/tackles and canned animations that never changed?

Is all that overlooked because your player looks spiffy in the game? Oh thats right, those colored cleats make my player run faster and look good at the same time, gotta make sure he has that swagger to go with it right?

I'd like to see your statistics. I just don't believe them because 72% of all statistics are false.

And I did enjoy Madden visually when the players had tatoos and dreadlocks. It made the game look more realistic and really helped the game come to life. But I clearly stated I liked gameplay as well. If we had to make a decision to either get colored cleats or suction removed, then I want the suction removed. The thing is, with all the different people working on the game, we can ask for and receive both of those in a year now.

Smoke6 04-28-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2042351537)
I'd like to see your statistics. I just don't believe them because 72% of all statistics are false.

And I did enjoy Madden visually when the players had tatoos and dreadlocks. It made the game look more realistic and really helped the game come to life. But I clearly stated I liked gameplay as well. If we had to make a decision to either get colored cleats or suction removed, then I want the suction removed. The thing is, with all the different people working on the game, we can ask for and receive both of those in a year now.

Dont press your luck there bro!

I am shocked at todays events and only look to seek franchise info from here on out, anything else is just icing on the cake as long as its not a gimmick. But you have to have a solid foundation in order to perceive a game as "immersive" and not just on the merits of looks of the players.

They can have the detail down to a T, but if the gameplay and presentation aint there, then whats the point? I'm not gonna get off on the look of the game if everything else isnt meshing together.

Trust me on this, you dont see too many cosmetics threads going on as much as you see threads regarding topics that will get people back into madden and glued to there controllers and franchises. Now that we have seen a glimpse of this years version, then I am all for supporting those cosmetic touches that make the game more deeper in terms of authenticity and immersion. :bump:

canes21 04-28-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke6 (Post 2042351564)

I am shocked at todays events and only look to seek franchise info from here on out, anything else is just icing on the cake as long as its not a gimmick. But you have to have a solid foundation in order to perceive a game as "immersive" and not just on the merits of looks of the players.

They can have the detail down to a T, but if the gameplay and presentation aint there, then whats the point? I'm not gonna get off on the look of the game if everything else isnt meshing together.

Trust me on this, you dont see too many cosmetics threads going on as much as you see threads regarding topics that will get people back into madden and glued to there controllers and franchises. Now that we have seen a glimpse of this years version, then I am all for supporting those cosmetic touches that make the game more deeper in terms of authenticity and immersion. :bump:

I agree that a game that is all looks and no foundation is not going to be great, but a game that has the foundation there but looks stale is not going to be that enjoyable either.

I am a franchise guy too and want great gameplay, but like I have said numerous times now, I want visual upgrades just as much as franchise and gameplay upgrades. If I had to make a decision I would always take the gameplay addition, then the franchise addition, then the cosmetic addition. But we don't have to make those decisions since they have separate teams working on them all.

43M 04-28-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke6 (Post 2042351564)

Fact of the matter is, there really isnt alot more they can do in terms of gameplay. Sure, they can tweak the existing engine, but the existing engine is never going to get Madden where gamers want it to be. No matter what they do, its always gonna have the feel of current gen Madden in terms of gameplay.

However, in terms of updating presentation, there is alot they can do.

DONT GET ME WRONG...Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Presentation and Graphics all day every day....but Ive accepted that this is what Madden gameplay is going to be like until next gen, for better or for worse.

But, like alot of you, franchise is what Im waiting for now, and will determine if EA gets my money this year.

Smoke6 04-28-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43M (Post 2042351609)
Fact of the matter is, there really isnt alot more they can do in terms of gameplay. Sure, they can tweak the existing engine, but the existing engine is never going to get Madden where gamers want it to be. No matter what they do, its always gonna have the feel of current gen Madden in terms of gameplay.

However, in terms of updating presentation, there is alot they can do.

DONT GET ME WRONG...Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Presentation and Graphics all day every day....but Ive accepted that this is what Madden gameplay is going to be like until next gen, for better or for worse.

But, like alot of you, franchise is what Im waiting for now, and will determine if EA gets my money this year.

Agreed! Franchise mode news is where it all lyes at now.

Mr.Scarface 04-28-2011 08:01 PM

Let me guess....No Loose Sleeves, No Peace!????:y220d::signball::jpshakehe:rolleyes:

Geez......about as bad a the mini dread thread on the NCAA board.

canes21 04-28-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface (Post 2042351845)
Let me guess....No Loose Sleeves, No Peace!????:y220d::signball::jpshakehe:rolleyes:

Geez......about as bad a the mini dread thread on the NCAA board.

I don't understand whats bad about it. Including loose sleeves would make the game look better. It isn't going to make the game worse in any way. And no one is saying they're not going to buy Madden if there are not loose sleeves. The people who make the biggest deal are the ones who come in here and talk about how ridiculous these threads are.

kwas676 04-28-2011 08:27 PM

Loose sleeves will actually make sum of the sig throws look better imo but I'm just glad they fix certain issues with the player models in 12.

dirtysouth1295 04-28-2011 10:04 PM

loose sleeves... C'mon Son:wedgie:

Smoke6 04-28-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2042351888)
I don't understand whats bad about it. Including loose sleeves would make the game look better. It isn't going to make the game worse in any way. And no one is saying they're not going to buy Madden if there are not loose sleeves. The people who make the biggest deal are the ones who come in here and talk about how ridiculous these threads are.

Its the fact that you guys ask for cosmetics when the meat and potatoes of the game is rocky at best. Its not that we dont wanna see that amount of detail but after a few games, who's really gonna care?

Are you like this during every game....

you: Damn dawg Colt McCoy just came out in a sleeveless shirt!!!
me: Really? Are your players still skating on the field as if this was a hockey game with football elements?
you: Yea dawg, but I am loving the change of attire each game, this is bonkers son!!!
me: WTF?
you: Yea man, well maybe they'll fix the ice skating and the super LBs next madden, right now, Ochocinco is rocking his rainbow bandana with thos tiger stripes son!!!
me: :jpshakehe

I hope you get the point bruh, but you really do (and others like you) come off as if these cosmetic changes really make the game all that better. But like I said man, whatever floats your boat, I just feel like those resources should be focused elsewhere for the time being.

Good day!

canes21 04-28-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke6 (Post 2042352918)
Its the fact that you guys ask for cosmetics when the meat and potatoes of the game is rocky at best. Its not that we dont wanna see that amount of detail but after a few games, who's really gonna care?

Are you like this during every game....

you: Damn dawg Colt McCoy just came out in a sleeveless shirt!!!
me: Really? Are your players still skating on the field as if this was a hockey game with football elements?
you: Yea dawg, but I am loving the change of attire each game, this is bonkers son!!!
me: WTF?
you: Yea man, well maybe they'll fix the ice skating and the super LBs next madden, right now, Ochocinco is rocking his rainbow bandana with thos tiger stripes son!!!
me: :jpshakehe

I hope you get the point bruh, but you really do (and others like you) come off as if these cosmetic changes really make the game all that better. But like I said man, whatever floats your boat, I just feel like those resources should be focused elsewhere for the time being.

Good day!

You really just don't get it do you? Not one time have I said that I prefer loose sleeves over great gameplay. I have said numerous times if I had to decide between gameplay and cosmetics I would always go with good gameplay. But like I have also said numerous times, we don't have to worry about those decisions. Something like loose sleeves or hand towels or colored cleats do not take up so much time, space, resources, etc. that it sacrifices free agency bidding. They don't stop any gameplay advancements from getting done.

And yes it does make the game better. If I had two copies of Madden 12 and both had the same exact gameplay, but one had all the presentation elements we have seen and one did not, which would you rather play? If things like this don't make the game better, then you would be fine with the game without the elements when you could have the game with them instead.

RedZoneD25 04-28-2011 11:50 PM

This thread has become nothing but arguing with each other over whose desire is more important. Closed.