Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pac-12 Conference Championship (/forums/showthread.php?t=491750)

TreyDobbs 07-05-2011 07:15 PM

Pac-12 Conference Championship

A couple questions since I've been away for a while. The Pac-12 has a conference championship now in the game correct? Also can we change the location of that game?

Noble Evildoer 07-05-2011 07:16 PM

Re: Pac-12 Conference Championship

Yes and yes

Solidice 07-05-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyDobbs (Post 2042556112)
A couple questions since I've been away for a while. The Pac-12 has a conference championship now in the game correct? Also can we change the location of that game?

Yes to both questions.

by default, Pac-12 is similar to C-USA in that the team with the best record(or BCS standing if a tie and they didn't play each other) hosts the Championship game. but with custom conference, you can choose any stadium in the game to be the location.

TreyDobbs 07-05-2011 07:33 PM

Sweet. Thanks guys.

DaTwolves21 07-05-2011 07:40 PM

Where is the pac-12 championship played at this year?

Solidice 07-05-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTwolves21 (Post 2042556239)

which ever team has the best record hosts it. Similar to what the C-USA does.

Draconian Sanctions 07-05-2011 07:51 PM

I'm going to set the Pac-12 CG to be played every year at Wallace Wade stadium

Noble Evildoer 07-05-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTwolves21 (Post 2042556239)

Either Eugene, Corvallis, Seattle, Pullman, Berkley, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Pasadena, Boulder, Salt Lake City, Tempe, or Tucson.

hurricanefootball4 07-05-2011 07:55 PM

I'm not a big fan of the "home game" conference championship setup, who has a good suggestion for a geographically relevant place for the PAC-12 championship game?

Soarindude02 07-05-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4 (Post 2042556314)
I'm not a big fan of the "home game" conference championship setup, who has a good suggestion for a geographically relevant place for the PAC-12 championship game?

Qualcomm Stadium, Honolulu Stadium, Rose Bowl, It's unlikely but if Qwest Field is in the game, just to name a few.

GeneralMike 07-05-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soarindude02 (Post 2042556319)
Qualcomm Stadium, Honolulu Stadium, Rose Bowl, It's unlikely but if Qwest Field is in the game, just to name a few.

Fight Hunger Bowl (Pac Bell Park in San Fran), University of Phoenix stadium and Invesco Field (CU-CSU game) are in as well and could be decent geography friendly options

GoDevils95 07-05-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

In real life, the reason why the Pac-12 did this is b/c geographically its too far for fans to travel.....also....interest in college football out west is not huge....especially 2-3 weeks before the holiday season. Most of the population on the west coast are transplants. The only way the game will sellout is if its a home game for one of the schools. You can rip the Pac-12 fans for this....but people out there are not diehards.

Bill1 07-05-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer (Post 2042556304)
Either Eugene, Corvallis, Seattle, Pullman, Berkley, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Pasadena, Boulder, Salt Lake City, Tempe, or Tucson.

Not Los Angeles. USC is not playing in this year Pac 12 title game, since they are banned from it this year. SO Los Angeles cannot host, unless UCLA is the host at the Rose Bowl.

acts238shaun 07-05-2011 09:36 PM

I haven't decided, but it's gonna be U of Phoenix stadium or the Rose Bowl.

boredhusband 07-05-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill1 (Post 2042556787)
Not Los Angeles. USC is not playing in this year Pac 12 title game, since they are banned from it this year. SO Los Angeles cannot host, unless UCLA is the host at the Rose Bowl.

i thought we were talking about IN THE GAME? not IRL... but in the game, yes it can be played at the coliseum in Los Angeles. can't wait until september 3rd when your golpers come to Los Angeles to get their a**es BEAT.

Soarindude02 07-05-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralMike (Post 2042556754)
Fight Hunger Bowl (Pac Bell Park in San Fran), University of Phoenix stadium and Invesco Field (CU-CSU game) are in as well and could be decent geography friendly options

Was the Fight Hunger Bowl in the game last year? Invesco Field would be a poor choice in my opinion. The Weather would be horrendous.

Dr Death 07-05-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draconian Sanctions (Post 2042556296)
I'm going to set the Pac-12 CG to be played every year at Wallace Wade stadium

I was going to put it in Minnesota's stadium... let all those warm weather teams play a game in snow! :eek: :lol:

And for those Colorado fans... I don't see Colorado winning the Pac-12 anytime soon, so I don't want to hear that I forgot to include them!

Bill1 07-05-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredhusband (Post 2042556818)
i thought we were talking about IN THE GAME? not IRL... but in the game, yes it can be played at the coliseum in Los Angeles. can't wait until september 3rd when your golpers come to Los Angeles to get their a**es BEAT.

I don't care if Minnesota loses to USC. All i want this year is to run up the score on Wisconsin for what Bret Bielema did to us last year.

Bret Bielema is a Douche for going for a 2 point try when the game was already over. I so want to run the score up on Wisconsin. but i will take a win over Wisconsin just to shut up Bret Bielema and how a Douche he really is.

dochalladay32 07-05-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill1 (Post 2042557020)
I don't care if Minnesota loses to USC. All i want this year is to run up the score on Wisconsin for what Bret Bielema did to us last year.

Bret Bielema is a Douche for going for a 2 point try when the game was already over. I so want to run the score up on Wisconsin. but i will take a win over Wisconsin just to shut up Bret Bielema and how a Douche he really is.

Yep, made me hate how overrated Wisconsin usually is year in and year out. They almost proved me wrong last year, and then yea, had that poor showmanship against Minnesota that made me wonder, does he think he needs help with the voters? And then of course, TCU proving what I knew all along: Wisconsin is a great team, but they aren't one of the best just yet.

But anyways, I noticed someone said the title game can't be in LA unless UCLA has home field... but UCLA isn't in LA, they play in Pasadena. I wouldn't make that the default location as that is blatant home field. No other conference gives default home field to a team (No teams play in Indy, Atlanta, Detroit, and Charlotte in the other conferences).

boredhusband 07-05-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill1 (Post 2042557020)

did not expect this reply

__Ry__ 07-05-2011 10:35 PM

Las Vegas

Quote:

Sam Boyd Stadium

TreyDobbs 07-05-2011 10:53 PM

I'll be putting it in the Chargers or Cardinals stadium.

Tovarich 07-06-2011 12:04 AM

I don't want to put it in the Rose Bowl because no one should be at home, and I don't want the appearance at the stadium to be diminished at all. If Sam Boyd ever got an expansion, that would be perfect. I wish we could have an option where if the south team had a better record than the north team, we could pick a neutral site in the south, and if the north team had a better record, we could put it in the north somewhere, but Qwest Field likely won't be in the game even though it should be, so there's really nowhere in the north to put it since they don't have the 49ers stadium either. Washington State is playing there, and then Washington will be using that stadium for a year while they renovate.

Qualcomm, University of Phoenix, Aloha? Invesco, Sam Boyd, all good options I think.

dochalladay32 07-06-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovarich (Post 2042557497)
I don't want to put it in the Rose Bowl because no one should be at home, and I don't want the appearance at the stadium to be diminished at all. If Sam Boyd ever got an expansion, that would be perfect. I wish we could have an option where if the south team had a better record than the north team, we could pick a neutral site in the south, and if the north team had a better record, we could put it in the north somewhere, but Qwest Field likely won't be in the game even though it should be, so there's really nowhere in the north to put it since they don't have the 49ers stadium either. Washington State is playing there, and then Washington will be using that stadium for a year while they renovate.

Qualcomm, University of Phoenix, Aloha? Invesco, Sam Boyd, all good options I think.

Washington State is playing where? UW is in Seattle for a single season and nothing more. Washington State is in the southeast part of the state, nowhere near Seattle. Not sure what you were trying to say there. Cal is playing at AT&T Park for a year, if that is what you meant after saying 49ers, but that stadium has never been in the game.

Tovarich 07-06-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochalladay32 (Post 2042557516)
Washington State is playing where? UW is in Seattle for a single season and nothing more. Washington State is in the southeast part of the state, nowhere near Seattle. Not sure what you were trying to say there. Cal is playing at AT&T Park for a year, if that is what you meant after saying 49ers, but that stadium has never been in the game.

Washington State is playing Oregon State there.

dochalladay32 07-06-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovarich (Post 2042557767)
Washington State is playing Oregon State there.

Ok, I see what you're saying now, but I doubt Qwest field gets in the game unless the Apple Cup is moved there like the Red River being at a neutral field. Or they bring back the Seattle Bowl... NOT.

Tovarich 07-06-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochalladay32 (Post 2042557787)
Ok, I see what you're saying now, but I doubt Qwest field gets in the game unless the Apple Cup is moved there like the Red River being at a neutral field. Or they bring back the Seattle Bowl... NOT.

The Apple Cup is also being played there this year so Washington can get started on the renovations as early as possible.

dochalladay32 07-06-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovarich (Post 2042557801)
The Apple Cup is also being played there this year so Washington can get started on the renovations as early as possible.

The Apple Cup is only played there because it is Washington's home at that point in time. Next year, it will be at Washington State. Like I said, for Qwest Field to be in the game, the Apple Cup will have to be there YEARLY and EA can't be lazy about it, not just this year. Huskies will be back at home in 2013.

My apologies to CenturyLink. They own the naming rights now... I'm tired of these changing Corporate Sponsorships.

shyvoodoo 07-06-2011 02:02 AM

I'm putting mine in Sun Devil Stadium for 2011, Denver Invesco field for year 2 of the dynasty and rose bowl in year 3....

ben
voodoo

MrJ2006 07-06-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochalladay32 (Post 2042557844)
The Apple Cup is only played there because it is Washington's home at that point in time. Next year, it will be at Washington State. Like I said, for Qwest Field to be in the game, the Apple Cup will have to be there YEARLY and EA can't be lazy about it, not just this year. Huskies will be back at home in 2013.

My apologies to CenturyLink. They own the naming rights now... I'm tired of these changing Corporate Sponsorships.

Don't be sorry to CenturyLink, it will still be called Qwest Field here!

Hopefully they do have Qwest in the game, that's where I'll be putting the game for sure!

hurricanefootball4 07-06-2011 04:28 AM

I'm thinking University of Phoenix, I'm a big fan of that stadium

dennis580 07-06-2011 05:04 AM

Quote:

If your going to have a conference championship game then the team with the best conference record should have home field advantage. It makes it less likely from a 4 loss team to upset a 1 loss team.

Personally I think I am just going to make all the conferences 10 teams(with a 9 game conference schedule). So no one has a conference championship game, and every conference has the same number of teams, and every team plays every other team in their conference, and there are no BCS tie-ins. So The Top 10 teams go to the BCS. These things seems like the most fair, and balanced thing to do.

acts238shaun 07-06-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dochalladay32 (Post 2042557036)
Yep, made me hate how overrated Wisconsin usually is year in and year out. They almost proved me wrong last year, and then yea, had that poor showmanship against Minnesota that made me wonder, does he think he needs help with the voters? And then of course, TCU proving what I knew all along: Wisconsin is a great team, but they aren't one of the best just yet.

But anyways, I noticed someone said the title game can't be in LA unless UCLA has home field... but UCLA isn't in LA, they play in Pasadena. I wouldn't make that the default location as that is blatant home field. No other conference gives default home field to a team (No teams play in Indy, Atlanta, Detroit, and Charlotte in the other conferences).

SEC plays in GA dome, HFA for GA Dawgs except for ticket allocation. When the Dawgs and Hogs met there a few years ago though, it was mostly Dawg fans as a lot of Arkansas fans knew it was going to be a Hog killing and didn't show, especially with Nutt as coach.

I'm probably gonna go with Phoenix stadium. Newer, nicer, warm weather.

dochalladay32 07-06-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acts238shaun (Post 2042558378)
SEC plays in GA dome, HFA for GA Dawgs except for ticket allocation. When the Dawgs and Hogs met there a few years ago though, it was mostly Dawg fans as a lot of Arkansas fans knew it was going to be a Hog killing and didn't show, especially with Nutt as coach.

I'm probably gonna go with Phoenix stadium. Newer, nicer, warm weather.

But it's not actually Georgia's home field, that's what I was saying. If you lock the game in to the Rose Bowl, if UCLA manages to win their division, they are given the game at their home field. Georgia plays in Athens. Now if Georgia Tech was in the conference, that's almost defacto home field; a team from Atlanta playing in Atlanta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyvoodoo (Post 2042557971)
I'm putting mine in Sun Devil Stadium for 2011, Denver Invesco field for year 2 of the dynasty and rose bowl in year 3....

ben
voodoo

I would laugh my *** off if Arizona State, Colorado, and UCLA all make it to the title game in consecutive years in your game.