Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What are the hardest 1 star teams to build up? (/forums/showthread.php?t=535322)

TreyDobbs 02-03-2012 04:46 PM

What are the hardest 1 star teams to build up?

I was just curious as to which 1 star teams were the hardest programs to build up. I'm looking for 5 or 6 bottom dwellers to choose from. I've played in many dynasties in NCAA 12 thus far, and won national championships with Western Michigan and Arkansas State on Heisman difficulty in either my first or second year with those teams. Now I'm looking for the bottom dwellers of the 1 star prestige teams challenge me (this is also an online dynasty). Please list 5 or 6 teams you feel are near impossible to build up (aside from Army).

TheLeviticalLawKid3 02-03-2012 05:00 PM

Re: What are the hardest 1 star teams to build up?

Western Kentucky. Very weak talent, virtually zero recruiting pitches that work (beside proximity and early PT), and a date with LSU in the middle of the season. If you can with the NC with them on Heisman within 5 years, you deserve an award.

TreyDobbs 02-03-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLeviticalLawKid3 (Post 2043331335)
Western Kentucky. Very weak talent, virtually zero recruiting pitches that work (beside proximity and early PT), and a date with LSU in the middle of the season. If you can with the NC with them on Heisman within 5 years, you deserve an award.

Yeah I figured they would be one of the bottom 5. Who else do you think there is? Looking to have a selection of 5 or so teams to choose from so I might actually enjoy playing for whomever I choose. War Damn. You pumped for Diamond tonight?

blkrptnt819 02-03-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyDobbs (Post 2043331352)
Yeah I figured they would be one of the bottom 5. Who else do you think there is? Looking to have a selection of 5 or so teams to choose from so I might actually enjoy playing for whomever I choose. War Damn. You pumped for Diamond tonight?

I think i may be more excited after the announcement than you guys will... Well at least I hope.

TreyDobbs 02-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkrptnt819 (Post 2043331383)
I think i may be more excited after the announcement than you guys will... Well at least I hope.

In terms of not going to Michigan? LOL

Tigger_Woods 02-03-2012 07:20 PM

AU has him I believe. Try building up Idaho

NDGipper32 02-03-2012 07:30 PM

Akron, Ball State, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Florida Atlantic, Kent State, Minnesota, Either New Mexico, Rice, San Jose State, Tulane, UNLV, Washington State.

All of these schools will pose a significant challenge.

CcAaRrSsOoNn3 02-03-2012 07:36 PM

Eastern Michigan gets my vote

CHIEFxxROCKEM 02-04-2012 11:17 AM

San Jose State.

Kcordloh 02-04-2012 11:46 AM

Throw a team like UTEP into the Big XII, or a MAC team into the Big 10.

The really bad teams like Western Kentucky play bad teams in conference, so it's not insanely hard to go 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 your first few years regardless of sliders.

Ohdang 02-04-2012 11:49 AM

I'm an Akron alumni so they get my vote :D

nredfoot 02-04-2012 01:39 PM

I gotta say Akron is awful. I have dynasty with them right now and they have absolutely no offensive playmakers and like 15 people are interested in them in recruiting. I would bet Wester Kentucky would be tough as well although your first year you would have a really good tailback. Tulane could be difficult as you must deal with LSU

PS. War Eagle! Glad we pulled Diamond last night

MathisJones 02-04-2012 08:44 PM

Real Life Akron is going to be good in 2 years. Got the Bowden boys as well as other FSU alum, & they got Jim Tressell, too. Look for them to be good in their crappy little conference.

Juce734 02-06-2012 09:50 AM

I think EMU is the hardest team from my experience. Haven't played as Akron in NCAA though.

EMU gets worse in year 2 and can be extremely difficult to win with. The defense is so slow! No playmakers on defense it seems.

You are recruiting against Michigan, and Michigan State for Michigan recruits. Luckily you have Florida, and Canada as a pipeline too. Florida is hard to recruit in though as most schools have better pitches than you. Canada doesn't put out a lot of good recruits that want to go to EMU.

PioneerRaptor 02-06-2012 10:30 AM

My vote also goes to Eastern Michigan.

They're not very good in recruiting, and they always seem to have a touch OOC Schedule if you play the default schedules. Their offense isn't too bad, but the defense is just horrible, and most of the time you just don't have the firepower to play keep up with the other team.

Also, I would look into some harder difficulty settings if you win the NC with them the first or second year :p

TreyDobbs 02-17-2012 09:55 PM

Thought I'd revive this thread from a week or two ago. 13-1 with a Heisman QB and Biletnikoff Award Winner my first year. NC in the following year. I'm going to start an offline with Akron and see how that goes.

NDGipper32 02-18-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyDobbs (Post 2043374452)
Thought I'd revive this thread from a week or two ago. 13-1 with a Heisman QB and Biletnikoff Award Winner my first year. NC in the following year. I'm going to start an offline with Akron and see how that goes.

damn. with who did you win the Heisman and Biletnikoff? i played as EMU and went like 13-1 too but none of my games were over 30 points. I certainly didnt put up any heisman-type or biletnikoff numbers either. that was on varsity with cheeser sliders too...:jpshakehe

TreyDobbs 02-18-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDGipper32 (Post 2043374809)
damn. with who did you win the Heisman and Biletnikoff? i played as EMU and went like 13-1 too but none of my games were over 30 points. I certainly didnt put up any heisman-type or biletnikoff numbers either. that was on varsity with cheeser sliders too...:jpshakehe

Backup QB Jerry Davis. Anderson kept playing awful for me and kept getting put out for several quarters each time he got tackled, so I eventually just worked Davis into the starting role. Anderson finished the year barely above 1,000 yards while Davis went over 4,000. I won Biletnikoff with #5 Terrell Jackson. He's really fast so he was my deep threat and I utilized him when my star possession WR #2 Marcus Rivers went out for several weeks. I think my team finished with over 6,000 passing yards combined. It was the most I've ever passed. Mostly because Buffalo didn't have a RB that was even average.

TreyDobbs 02-18-2012 01:41 AM

I should also mention I usually never average below 50 points per game during a season. I'm not much of a defensive guy because I can't cover the pass when controlling defense myself, I'm only good at stopping the run. That's why I enjoy being OC more. I know I can put up at least 40 points per game so it would take a strong offensive effort from the opposing team, whether it be a user or CPU to beat me. When 13 comes out I'll probably make it a goal to learn to develop an average pass defense. I always rank in the 100s.

PioneerRaptor 02-18-2012 03:21 PM

Try out some All-American Zero-Based sliders. Makes the game a lot more difficult.

PhillyPhanatic 02-19-2012 01:31 AM

FAU defiantly.

TDenverFan 02-19-2012 10:27 AM

I use TB teams and then customize the roster. This way, you can decide how to run the team (Playbook wise) Early on.

TDenverFan 02-19-2012 10:32 AM

Here's the team I'm using now, I have a few other weak ones. I like the fact that the TB teams don't have 25k large stadiums, so when you become a powerhouse your place is loud.

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...770:1318300863

Buckeyed 02-20-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor (Post 2043375901)
Try out some All-American Zero-Based sliders. Makes the game a lot more difficult.

This. Start here.

http://http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-sliders/494866-s-o-s-sliders-all-american.html

Tennessee_Vol186 03-04-2012 03:49 PM

Akron would be the best bet can't play worth crap vs a top10 ten first gameof the year.

funnyfiggy 03-05-2012 04:05 PM

The team isn't the most important part; any of the 1-2 star programs will do, though I recommend choosing a school with decent Campus Lifestyle and Academic Prestige as those never go up. The most important part ofa Dynasty is hard house rules. I allow myself a maximum of 4 games a year on a difficulty I am only slightly better than the CPU if we have the same team. I also allow myself no restarts ever, as I sometimes lose, and for fun's sake, I simulate the 1st 4 seasons of my dynasty, so I can actually recruit players who can immediately contribute. Make up your own house rules, and make sure you play on a decent recruiting difficulty.

nwfdwill 03-05-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDenverFan (Post 2043377693)
Here's the team I'm using now, I have a few other weak ones. I like the fact that the TB teams don't have 25k large stadiums, so when you become a powerhouse your place is loud.

http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...770:1318300863

I agree. I created a local D-II team and had a lot of fun trying to build them up.