Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years (/forums/showthread.php?t=637025)

ch46647 06-10-2013 10:33 AM

June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years

Well, today is the day we finally get to see the next generation of football gaming. For most of us, this day simply could not have gotten here soon enough. Most people on these boards consider this generation of football gaming a complete flop. EA just could not pull it together and create a solid gaming experience for us football fans. Personally, I blame it on the fact that they built an extremely sub-par engine, and just could not build a great game off of that foundation. Also, you can couple that with multiple leadership changes, and a clear mis-understanding of the direction they wanted to go with Madden.

This bring us to today, when EA claims to be unveiling their brand new IGNITE engine. EA has admitted to the fact that they have had many challenges with Madden over this generation, and have all but come out and flat admitted that Madden was not on PAR with other quality sports games this generation.

The Madden developers and executives have been touting realism the last three years, but we have seen very limited improvement to the game. In some areas we have seen flat out regression.

This is EA's opportunity to show thier fans that they have been listening, and want to make things right for thier customers. They have been building this new engine for the last two years, and this is the chance to break from the old "very outdated" 06 Madden engine.

I am very nervous, anxious, and excited for what we will see today. I really hope EA is as confident in this engine as they sound on their twitter feed, homepage, and multiple news articles about this new engine. If they are, we should see some actual gamplay today, and I know for a fact that I will be able to tell within the first 15 seconds if EA has come through with their promise of a better next-gen experience.

Sorry for the long post, but I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time. I do not want to go another 8 years of not having a football game to enjoy. I want EA to set the bar with Madden like they used too.

Godgers12 06-10-2013 11:09 AM

Re: June 10th- Biggest Day for Football Gamers in 8 Years

Does anyone know what channel E3 is on? I checked Spike, but there is some Ink Master marathon on all day tomorrow:splat:

Skyboxer 06-10-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godgers12 (Post 2045101634)
Does anyone know what channel E3 is on? I checked Spike, but there is some Ink Master marathon on all day tomorrow:splat:

My Spike HD channel is showing E3. Even has a countdown on screen.

SteelerSpartan 06-10-2013 11:17 AM

Let the Games Begin...
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qKwUHKivltw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I want to be blown away, but Im not expecting to

jbd345 06-10-2013 11:20 AM

If EA screws up again or the isn't what people want it to be, this board will explode, I'm expecting mixed reactions today. Their will be naysayers and there will people people who love it. I definitely don't think it will be lop sided to one way or the other.

HealyMonster 06-10-2013 11:20 AM

so its 100% we will see next gen madden gameplay today?

therizing02 06-10-2013 11:21 AM

Low expectations for Madden. Optimistic about pretty much everything else. If you have to ask why you haven't spent enough time on this board.

juggalotusx 06-10-2013 11:24 AM

8 years of garbage from Madden has turned me into a non believer espeically with madden 13 being the most boring game to date.

Step2001 06-10-2013 11:42 AM

Will all restrictions on info about Madden 25 be lifted today?

jpdavis82 06-10-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Step2001 (Post 2045101705)
Will all restrictions on info about Madden 25 be lifted today?

No they still have some more feature reveals with Madden Share, MUT, and All-25, whatever that is.

BleedGreen710 06-10-2013 11:54 AM

Correction: Biggest Day for Football Gamers who can afford the new next gen consoles

hanzsomehanz 06-10-2013 12:08 PM

At what time does the event begin?

I am on Eastern Standard Time.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

ConnSKINS26 06-10-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedGreen710 (Post 2045101733)
Correction: Biggest Day for Football Gamers who can afford the new next gen consoles

No, this is huge for everyone. Whether you buy a new console at release or wait three years, we still will see the direction madden is taking next-gen, as well as get a pretty good idea about how high the "ceiling" is for these new sports games. Of course they won't hit their peak for a few years at least, but these new consoles are supposed to be a lot easier to work with--we should get a pretty good idea about what's possible on these new machines.

Mckinley Cash 06-10-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz (Post 2045101787)
At what time does the event begin?

I am on Eastern Standard Time.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

EA reveal at 4pm ET.

jpdavis82 06-10-2013 01:37 PM

Is it just me or after seeing these games today does it seem less far fetched that madden 25 will actually look like what we saw at the console reveal. Phantom Pain, Ryse, and Forza were amazing!

ch46647 06-10-2013 01:41 PM

IMO, I dont care as much about graphics. (I know they will be upgraded) At this point, it is all about animations, and fluidity of gameplay. That is what all these other games are showing. EA Sports needs to do the same.

This conference has been phenomenal.

SageInfinite 06-10-2013 01:51 PM

Just incredible stuff from what I've seen so far. Battlefield looked phenomenal. I pray EA/Tiburon brings it this generation.

cuttingteeth 06-10-2013 02:18 PM

I think the Project Spark could change my and others' lives exponentially. The ability to create worlds, characters, conflicts at will and then enter them to experience it all play out in infinite variables - that is priceless to a writer/film maker type. I'm likely going to design and test my comic book idea that's long been stewing, and worst-case-scenario, I absolutely see it come to life in front of me (whereas in the film industry, nothing is guaranteed, of course).

Back on topic: The reveals have all shown or glimpsed slight assumptions we can make/hope are to be in sports titles/Madden. The Forza 5 reveal and how the AI is now a calculation of your instincts as a gamer...that should not only help the competition level, but it breaks wide open a whole new prospect of "coach mode" or at least how games are simmed. The games you don't physically play will still be simulated the way you would have physically played them.

djordan 06-10-2013 02:25 PM

We'll see....

Hopefully they don't show a sizzle trailer. I want to see at least 1-2 minutes of real time game play showing greatly improved animations,graphics, crowds, and full 3-D sidelines just to name a few things.

1 hour 30 mins left...

Segagendude 06-10-2013 02:30 PM

Pardon my skepticism, but I'm always reminded of the Madden 06 PS3/ XBOX 360 trailer, and how excited I was to get my hands on a new console.

Then the game actually dropped, and well,( que the Price is Right loser theme here).

jbd345 06-10-2013 02:38 PM

Just under 90 minuets to go. Only plan on getting two games at launch, just need Madden to justify spending $500.

ghettogeeksta 06-10-2013 02:44 PM

Big day for me, it will determine if I will buy/play an NFL football game for the next 10 years.

ch46647 06-10-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta (Post 2045102590)
Big day for me, it will determine if I will buy/play an NFL football game for the next 10 years.

Same.

10 char

californ14 06-10-2013 02:59 PM

Watching interview about Forza 5..They are talking about recording user driver tendencies/data and having it available for people to use so that the other cars they may race with offline act like real user cars from people all around the world based on the recorded info from each user...

If this was in MAdden, where each users play calling and tendencies was recorded and saved in a coach profile we could download any users coaching tendency profile, could you imagine the great possibilities????

SteelerSpartan 06-10-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by californ14 (Post 2045102653)
Watching interview about Forza 5..They are talking about recording user driver tendencies/data and having it available for people to use so that the other cars they may race with offline act like real user cars from people all around the world based on the recorded info from each user...

If this was in MAdden, where each users play calling and tendencies was recorded and saved in a coach profile we could download any users coaching tendency profile, could you imagine the great possibilities????

Didn't EA try to charge for something like that in the form of scouting reports in the past??

capn_razzamataz 06-10-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by californ14 (Post 2045102653)

Oh hey, remember when NFL 2K5 did that nine years ago?

/runs away

jbd345 06-10-2013 03:06 PM

Honestly after seeing the previews I'm thinking EA Sports will only get about a 10 minute spot in the hour long press conference and we will get a trailer similar to the one at the Xbox one reveal with a montage of all four games, but with in game footage. Unfortunately I don't see Madden getting it's own trailer. I hope I'm wrong though.

ch46647 06-10-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbd345 (Post 2045102685)
Honestly after seeing the previews I'm thinking EA Sports will only get about a 10 minute spot in the hour long press conference and we will get a trailer similar to the one at the Xbox one reveal with a montage of all four games, but with in game footage. Unfortunately I don't see Madden getting it's own trailer. I hope I'm wrong though.

Why do you feel this way? Every game shown during the Microsoft conference got at least 3-5 minutes and all showed a significant amount of raw gameplay. I think the primary focus of the EA conference will be Battlefield 4 and the new IGNITE engine.

EDIT: Also the new Star Wars game

jbd345 06-10-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch46647 (Post 2045102711)
Why do you feel this way? Every game shown during the Microsoft conference got at least 3-5 minutes and all showed a significant amount of raw gameplay. I think the primary focus of the EA conference will be Battlefield 4 and the new IGNITE engine.

Only reason was the Microsoft presentation was an hour and a half were as the EA conference is only an hour. Not sure there will be enough time where each next gen EA sports game to show off it's gameplay. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong though. Microsoft said the Xbox One will be on the floor and playable, so hopefully EA will have a demo out for madden.

oakraider 06-10-2013 03:17 PM

So can you play the new Madden on the current xbox with the same Ignite technology?

DrewsLions 06-10-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

The games you don't physically play will still be simulated the way you would have physically played them.
I have long wanted this and never understood why it wasn't possible or added. I've gone lengths to do this for myself, because I am a stats nut and CAN'T STAND having stats that are either unrealistically simmed or having user stats that can never match the CPU stats... like in Madden 13. I still play Madden '08 with PC, but I use a speed hack to quickly sim CPU games. It's still slow to do a season, but not like playing out ever game type of slow... and I get stats based strictly on my sliders and realistic substitutions across the league. If we could FINALLY get a Madden that does this on its own, I could finally leave my PC version on the shelf for longer than a few weeks......

ch46647 06-10-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oakraider (Post 2045102750)
So can you play the new Madden on the current xbox with the same Ignite technology?

The IGNITE engine is the new EA game engine for sports games on next-gen consoles. It will not power the current gen sports games.

daabsolute1 06-10-2013 03:54 PM

So this coverage will determine whether I wait for the PS4/XBox One version...EA better step up!

Ajknowsit 06-10-2013 03:55 PM

Wow, I was watching e3 coverage on ign and they are talking pre ea conference, none of them are sport's gamers and began to discuss the new ignite engine and I kid you not one of the guy's started naming off what it was capable of, ai, animations, crowd atmosphere and so on.

Then said with a whatever look on his face is that something people really want "I don't know". :34::34:

splff3000 06-10-2013 03:56 PM

Like most that saw that Forza would be able to get driver AI from the cloud based on other users profile/driving habits, I thought that would be great in Madden. Then I thought about the fact that it would have to be programmed into the game and then I got sad. :(

Another thing I saw, that would probably be real cool for multiple user online CF, was when the guy and girl were playing Killer Instinct (one of my fave franchises of all time btw) and the guy recorded and uploaded the first round of their fight then the girl streamed the 2nd round of the fight live. All kinds of thoughts started running through my head of being in a league where every user has to upload his games so it can be used as game footage for player evaluation purposes or scouting purposes for other teams. Then the playoffs and super bowl could be live streamed for the rest of the league to see. I'm not sure if that has to be allowed by the developer when making the game or if the xbox will be able to do that with every game. If it's the latter (that means we don't have to rely on any developing from EA which means it might actually work like it should) and if PS4 doesn't have something like that and if Madden looks like at least a halfway decent football game, this console war might be over for me already lol.

BTW - You know you got it bad when you're looking at Forza and Killer Instinct videos thinking of ways to incorporate what they have into Madden. I know it might not look like it all the time, but I really can't wait for the day that I really enjoy playing Madden again. Hopefully that day will come sooner than later.

sportzbro 06-10-2013 03:56 PM

EA's press event will pretty much determine if I jump to next gen. I can't do another 8+ years of mediocrity.

SageInfinite 06-10-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajknowsit (Post 2045102909)
Wow, I was watching e3 coverage on ign and they are talking pre ea conference, none of them are sport's gamers and began to discuss the new ignite engine and I kid you not one of the guy's started naming off what it was capable of, ai, animations, crowd atmosphere and so on.

Then said with a whatever look on his face is that something people really want "I don't know". :34::34:

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. Just proves the majority of gamers and gaming media really don't take sports gaming seriously.

LBzrule 06-10-2013 03:59 PM

EA about to start conference. OS implode in an hour regardless of what EA shows.

jbd345 06-10-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SageInfinite (Post 2045102922)
I was just thinking the same thing, lol. Just proves the majority of gamers and gaming media really don't take sports gaming seriously.

Spike was the same thing. Barley any mentions of EA Sports ignite. And Here We Go.

Jeter2 06-10-2013 04:01 PM

Please bring it EA, not getting my hopes up but would be a great surprise if next gen Madden delivers