Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Players wearing own team jerseys in All Star game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=729727)

tnixen 04-27-2014 08:58 PM

Players wearing own team jerseys in All Star game?

2 Attachment(s)
Is this screenshot from MLB 14 the show on PS4?

I did not think players would be wearing there own team jerseys n the All Star game this year? Would be great if tey did though :)

Sretep75 04-27-2014 09:02 PM

Re: Players wearing own team jerseys in All Star game?

I sure hope so, but I wouldn't get my hopes up

ShowTyme15 04-27-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2046169647)
Is this screenshot from MLB 14 the show on PS4?

I did not think players would be wearing there own team jerseys n the All Star game this year? Would be great if tey did though :)

While this is a PS4 screenshot..........Ramone confirmed a month ago that players won't be wearing their individual team uniforms in the ASG this year. This looks to be a promotional thing.

bcruise 04-27-2014 09:05 PM

What's the context of that pic? Some kind of ad for the real-life all-star game?

jcirelli 04-27-2014 09:45 PM

so they can put 100 times more fans in the stands...but cant have 30 different uniforms at onces?

Knight165 04-27-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcirelli (Post 2046169813)
so they can put 100 times more fans in the stands...but cant have 30 different uniforms at onces?

For now...yeah.

...and considering I will be sitting through AT LEAST 162 games....vs. 1 All Star game.....pretty good decision on where to put the dev time IMO.

M.K.
Knight165

JHedges2 04-28-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight165 (Post 2046169897)
For now...yeah.

...and considering I will be sitting through AT LEAST 162 games....vs. 1 All Star game.....pretty good decision on where to put the dev time IMO.

M.K.
Knight165

Very valid point, however, this is something I have wanted for YEARS.

There's always next year :cheers444

JLattire 05-01-2014 12:18 PM

If you notice Brandon Phillips and David Ortiz are on the same side, so even if we didn't have confirmation from Ramone we can assume the it's not in the game. Plus in the IGN stream they played the home run derby mode and the players were wearing the AL/NL ASG team uniforms.

Spanky 05-01-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLattire (Post 2046181919)
If you notice Brandon Phillips and David Ortiz are on the same side, so even if we didn't have confirmation from Ramone we can assume the it's not in the game. Plus in the IGN stream they played the home run derby mode and the players were wearing the AL/NL ASG team uniforms.

Players wear the AL/NL All-Star jerseys in the real Home Run Derby, too.

I'm sure players don't wear team jerseys in the ASG in The Show (maybe it's been confirmed already?), since I think somebody would have mentioned it by now if that was the case.

Hopefully future versions will have this because it would be a great feature. Not sure if it's even possible to have this in the game. But I thought I read somewhere that in Pro Yakyuu Spirits players wear team jerseys in All-Star Game. If that's the case, great, gives us hope. Even though there are far fewer teams in Japan.

JLattire 05-01-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanky (Post 2046181949)
Players wear the AL/NL All-Star jerseys in the real Home Run Derby, too.

Ah, I didn't know this. I haven't watched the HR Derby in years so I just assumed they wore their team uni and not an ASG uni.

bigwill33 05-01-2014 12:35 PM

Just to put this into perspective: there was a baseball game in the mid '90's that had individual uniforms for the player's respective teams on the Sega Saturn. That game had two ballparks you could play, I believe. Wrigley and Fenway. But they had the all star teams like how we want them now, almost 18 years later.

tnixen 05-01-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLattire (Post 2046181972)
Ah, I didn't know this. I haven't watched the HR Derby in years so I just assumed they wore their team uni and not an ASG uni.

Yep here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwLETSLqgb8

ShowTyme15 05-01-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwill33 (Post 2046181987)
Just to put this into perspective: there was a baseball game in the mid '90's that had individual uniforms for the player's respective teams on the Sega Saturn. That game had two ballparks you could play, I believe. Wrigley and Fenway. But they had the all star teams like how we want them now, almost 18 years later.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh and I'm sure if the Show only had 2 stadiums to play in we'd have individual team uniforms in the ASG as well...........

Madden's Jowels 05-01-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTyme15 (Post 2046182003)
Yeahhhhhhhhhh and I'm sure if the Show only had 2 stadiums to play in we'd have individual team uniforms in the ASG as well...........

The number of stadiums has no bearing on it.

When you're playing the all-star game, the only stadium that is occupying memory is the one you're in.

The problem is either that they still can't get the memory to handle 22-30 different uniforms at the same time, or they can but they didn't do it this year for a variety of reasons, most likely just because it wasn't high on their priority list.

ShowTyme15 05-01-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels (Post 2046183661)
The number of stadiums has no bearing on it.

When you're playing the all-star game, the only stadium that is occupying memory is the one you're in.

The problem is either that they still can't get the memory to handle 22-30 different uniforms at the same time, or they can but they didn't do it this year for a variety of reasons, most likely just because it wasn't high on their priority list.

Okay chief

Foo4Everlong 05-02-2014 01:08 AM

Another known item people have been harking for has been for players to have their own team uniforms in the player edit section of the Rosters. They have always had a generic MLB The Show white uniforms on. It would be nice to see the player in their home team uni, plus u could tell better what colors are what when it comes to team colors 1,2, and 3. I know it's possible cuz 2K had it. Not sure if this really belongs in this thread but I know it's along the same lines as the ASG issue. Thanks. Later

Madden's Jowels 05-02-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong (Post 2046184191)
Another known item people have been harking for has been for players to have their own team uniforms in the player edit section of the Rosters. They have always had a generic MLB The Show white uniforms on. It would be nice to see the player in their home team uni, plus u could tell better what colors are what when it comes to team colors 1,2, and 3. I know it's possible cuz 2K had it. Not sure if this really belongs in this thread but I know it's along the same lines as the ASG issue. Thanks. Later

Yep it drives me crazy. They said they couldn't do it on PS3 even though I don't think that's true (NBA 2K did it at one point, before they changed to VC and having to buy gear from the store, you could equip all your gear right from the edit player screen with your own jersey and colors). But now that they're on the PS4 with like 16 times the amount of memory or whatever it is, and they still didn't put it in, it's frustrating.

creator2700 05-02-2014 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels (Post 2046184205)
Yep it drives me crazy. They said they couldn't do it on PS3 even though I don't think that's true (NBA 2K did it at one point, before they changed to VC and having to buy gear from the store, you could equip all your gear right from the edit player screen with your own jersey and colors). But now that they're on the PS4 with like 16 times the amount of memory or whatever it is, and they still didn't put it in, it's frustrating.

I strongly agree. Even Madden could do that! Unrelated, but still funny.

Something as simple as this would be incredibly convenient for roster makers like myself as well.

Scribe1980 05-02-2014 01:48 PM

Nothing drives me nuttier than editing a player's look to what he's wearing IRL, then start a game only to see the colors backwards or wrong. Many Doh! moments.

ShowTyme15 05-02-2014 01:52 PM

Since trying to figure out team colors seems difficult for some of you. Here you go.

PS- I don't use TC 3 as TC3 for most teams is black anyways there really is no need for it with most teams.

AL EAST

Orioles
TC1-Orange
TC2-Black

Red Sox
TC1-Red
TC2-Navy/Dark Blue

Rays
TC1-Dark Blue
TC2-Powder Blue

Blue Jays
TC1-Blue
TC2-Red

Yankees
TC1-Yankee/Navy blue
TC2-Silver

AL CENTRAL

White Sox
TC1-Black
TC2-Gray

Indians
TC1-Red
TC2-Dark Blue

Royals
TC1-Blue
TC2-Gold/Yellow

Twins
TC1-Twin/Dark Blue
TC2-Red

Tigers
TC1-Navy Blue
TC2-Orange

AL WEST

Angels
TC1-Red
TC2-Navy Blue (same color as throwback jersey)

Astros
TC1-Astro/Dark Blue
TC2-Orange

Mariners
TC1-Dark Blue
TC2-Teal/Green

Rangers
TC1-Blue
TC2-Red

Athletics
TC1-Green
TC2-Yellow

NL EAST

Mets
TC1-Blue
TC2-Orange

Braves
TC1-Red
TC2-Blue

Marlins
TC1-Black
TC2-Orange

Phillies
TC1-Red
TC2-Blue

Nationals
TC1-Red
TC2-Dark Blue

NL CENTRAL

Cubs
TC1-Blue
TC2-Red

Cardinals
TC1-Red
TC2-Dark/Navy Blue

Brewers
TC1-Dark Blue
TC2-Gold/Yellow

Pirates
TC1-Yellow
TC2-Black

Reds
TC1-Red
TC2-Black

NL WEST

Dbacks
TC1-Red
TC2-Black

Dodgers
TC1 & 2 are Blue

Rockies
TC1-Purple
TC2-Black

Padres
TC1-Dark Blue
TC2-Silver???????

Giants
TC1-Black
TC2-Orange

Scribe1980 05-02-2014 02:18 PM

Outstanding. Thanks for that. <golf clap>

Madden's Jowels 05-02-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTyme15 (Post 2046185546)
Since trying to figure out team colors seems difficult for some of you. Here you go.

PS- I don't use TC 3 as TC3 for most teams is black anyways there really is no need for it with most teams.

AL EAST

Orioles
TC1-Orange
TC2-Black

Red Sox
TC1-Red
TC2-Navy/Dark Blue

Rays
TC1-Dark Blue
TC2-Powder Blue

Blue Jays
TC1-Blue
TC2-Red

Yankees
TC1-Yankee/Navy blue
TC2-Silver

Spoiler

That is great info, I'll definitely use that when I get the game.

This also reminds me of one other thing I've always wanted in the player editor: A way to edit your gear for each uniform template. So I can have different batting gloves or different cleats or whatever, depending on what uniform we're wearing that day, and it saves them for me. Would be awesome.

ShowTyme15 05-02-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels (Post 2046185898)
That is great info, I'll definitely use that when I get the game.

This also reminds me of one other thing I've always wanted in the player editor: A way to edit your gear for each uniform template. So I can have different batting gloves or different cleats or whatever, depending on what uniform we're wearing that day, and it saves them for me. Would be awesome.

If you use TC 1 or TC 2 with your equipment it will update according to your uni. For example if you use the Seattle Mariners and edit their Cleats to TC 1 and gloves, etc.......and wear the Seattle Pilots uniforms the gear will match the uniform color. Try it for yourself man.

EDIT: I personally give every single player (including minor league players) TC cleats so when they get traded I won't have to edit them (unless they go to Oakland you'll have to edit it to all white) and the cleats will match the All Star Game uniforms as well. Just a personal preference I have

Madden's Jowels 05-02-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTyme15 (Post 2046185910)
If you use TC 1 or TC 2 with your equipment it will update according to your uni. For example if you use the Seattle Mariners and edit their Cleats to TC 1 and gloves, etc.......and wear the Seattle Pilots uniforms the gear will match the uniform color. Try it for yourself man.

EDIT: I personally give every single player (including minor league players) TC cleats so when they get traded I won't have to edit them (unless they go to Oakland you'll have to edit it to all white) and the cleats will match the All Star Game uniforms as well. Just a personal preference I have

Right, but thats not what I meant. Maybe for the home uniforms I want TC1 and for the road sunday alternates I want TC2? Get what I'm saying?

If the editor a) actually showed the player in his gear and b)had a thing where you could scroll through all of your team's uniforms and edit your template for each individual uniform and save them, that would be amazing

ShowTyme15 05-02-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels (Post 2046185929)
Right, but thats not what I meant. Maybe for the home uniforms I want TC1 and for the road sunday alternates I want TC2? Get what I'm saying?

If the editor a) actually showed the player in his gear and b)had a thing where you could scroll through all of your team's uniforms and edit your template for each individual uniform and save them, that would be amazing

Yeah i know what you mean I get it. Personally I wish they'd ad home/road equipment options in the editor. Been asking for that for a while now. I'd be happy with that. I like your idea, we just don't know how feasible that may be.

Madden's Jowels 05-02-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShowTyme15 (Post 2046185942)
Yeah i know what you mean I get it. Personally I wish they'd ad home/road equipment options in the editor. Been asking for that for a while now. I'd be happy with that. I like your idea, we just don't know how feasible that may be.

It's perfectly feasible. I'm trying to remember which sports game did it like 5 years ago. I think it may have been Madden, not sure, but I know that I've played a game that let you do it. I know for a fact that the Team Creator or whatever for Madden used to do it when you were creating your team uniforms, you would scroll through home, away, home alternates, road alternates and edit each uniform. That's the same concept.

When it comes time to give suggestions for what we want in 15 we just gotta make noise about it.

ShowTyme15 05-02-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels (Post 2046185994)
It's perfectly feasible. I'm trying to remember which sports game did it like 5 years ago. I think it may have been Madden, not sure, but I know that I've played a game that let you do it. I know for a fact that the Team Creator or whatever for Madden used to do it when you were creating your team uniforms, you would scroll through home, away, home alternates, road alternates and edit each uniform. That's the same concept.

When it comes time to give suggestions for what we want in 15 we just gotta make noise about it.

It was def madden, but Madden also had way less uniforms per team. You may be right as to it being feasible, but probably not a priority for a Development team. I share your enthusiasm on the subject, but I'd be surprised if we ever got something like this. Madden had a uniform editor back in the day and that's what you were referring too. Doubt we ever get that in the Show, just for the simple fact that they have to follow the Style Guide. Also if they add more that 10 uniform slots in future versions your idea would become way too time consuming. (No offense on that I'm just saying that's all)