Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Question about downloading uniforms (/forums/showthread.php?t=748363)

Geauxldenboy 06-29-2014 09:56 PM

Question about downloading uniforms

Ok I apologize if this is a commonly known issue or dumb question, but I tried searching the board and couldn't find anything. I just downloaded the PS3 version of the game yesterday and have been trying to download the uniform packs. Every time I click on one to purchase (even the free one) it says "Download Error: To access online functionality you need to login first. Please sign in and try again."

What do I need to login to? It says that I'm connected to the EA servers and I'm signed in on my PS3.

Do the uniform packs no longer work? Is there a workaround that I just don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

thedudescrew 06-29-2014 11:07 PM

Re: Question about downloading uniforms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy (Post 2046353938)
Ok I apologize if this is a commonly known issue or dumb question, but I tried searching the board and couldn't find anything. I just downloaded the PS3 version of the game yesterday and have been trying to download the uniform packs. Every time I click on one to purchase (even the free one) it says "Download Error: To access online functionality you need to login first. Please sign in and try again."

What do I need to login to? It says that I'm connected to the EA servers and I'm signed in on my PS3.

Do the uniform packs no longer work? Is there a workaround that I just don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

I had to purchase them in game. I couldn't do it on psn. Have you tried going to the uniform store through your ncaa 14 game?

Geauxldenboy 06-29-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedudescrew (Post 2046354206)
I had to purchase them in game. I couldn't do it on psn. Have you tried going to the uniform store through your ncaa 14 game?

Yes, that's the message that I get when I try to download them from the uniform store from the in-game menu. I also have the game on 360 and never had any issues purchasing the uniforms, so I'm just wondering if there's something that I'm doing wrong or are they no longer available.

thedudescrew 06-30-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy (Post 2046354223)
Yes, that's the message that I get when I try to download them from the uniform store from the in-game menu. I also have the game on 360 and never had any issues purchasing the uniforms, so I'm just wondering if there's something that I'm doing wrong or are they no longer available.

I don't know then man. They could be unavailable now.

SFNiners816 06-30-2014 08:09 PM

I've had the exact same thing happen to me on the ps3. Makes me think they are no longer available on the ps3.

Geauxldenboy 06-30-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFNiners816 (Post 2046356424)
I've had the exact same thing happen to me on the ps3. Makes me think they are no longer available on the ps3.

Thanks for commenting. I was still able to purchase one on the 360 version, so I'm wondering if this is a ps3 issue. I tried pm'ing one of the mods on the EA forum but no response so far.

Tarheels153369 07-13-2014 09:17 PM

Any update on this issue? I'm having the same problems on PS3

Dr Death 07-13-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheels153369 (Post 2046389493)
Any update on this issue? I'm having the same problems on PS3

All I can is that this sucks! EA should not only have the uniform store open, but they should also give us another uniform update with all the new uni's... Like Miami's new grey one, etc...

I'm so sorry for you guys... this is totally unacceptable!!! +

XxJustAguessxX 07-14-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Death (Post 2046389521)
All I can is that this sucks! EA should not only have the uniform store open, but they should also give us another uniform update with all the new uni's... Like Miami's new grey one, etc...

I'm so sorry for you guys... this is totally unacceptable!!! +

Ur right, I wish they could put up one last uniform but I guess the powers that be don't want this to happen.

sneezor01 07-14-2014 07:54 PM

I was going to put a post up asking about work arounds for this issue I was on the phone with a guy from ea and he claims that the uniforms were suppose to be taking down b/c of the licensing issues. I have it for the 360 i had it for the season last year and just bought it for ps3 just cause. I was wanting to know if anyone could put the uniform online for offline download.

Tarheels153369 07-14-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezor01 (Post 2046391701)
I was going to put a post up asking about work arounds for this issue I was on the phone with a guy from ea and he claims that the uniforms were suppose to be taking down b/c of the licensing issues. I have it for the 360 i had it for the season last year and just bought it for ps3 just cause. I was wanting to know if anyone could put the uniform online for offline download.

Yes, this would be amazing if possible. Any way to do this?

sneezor01 07-14-2014 08:37 PM

right now I have blown the dust off of my 360 and found that there were a couple of packs that i still hadnt downloaded. I just finished downloaded pack 6 and finishing up on pack 7 now so now I am starting to think that there is still hope for the ps3. but if someone knows how to post them online for ps3 i would be very grateful. :)

Scrapps 07-19-2014 10:19 PM

I have a different question regarding the uniforms.

Last year, I had purchased and downloaded all the uniform packs. However, I traded in my ps3 in April, when I got the ps4. But, needing my college football fix, I just bought a used ps3 and ncaa 14, on ebay.

Will I be able to use the uniforms I downloaded? Are they assigned to my psn? Or am I SOL?

lihety 07-19-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapps (Post 2046404953)

Last year, I had purchased and downloaded all the uniform packs. However, I traded in my ps3 in April, when I got the ps4. But, needing my college football fix, I just bought a used ps3 and ncaa 14, on ebay.

Will I be able to use the uniforms I downloaded? Are they assigned to my psn? Or am I SOL?

pretty sure u can go to psn store and go to downloads and redownload

XxJustAguessxX 07-19-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapps (Post 2046404953)

Yes you'll be able to re download them for free.

bfbfbxiao 07-20-2014 11:33 AM

bfbfbxiao 07-20-2014 11:39 AM

msuSpartan11 07-20-2014 12:26 PM

im having same problem. ea website says they are working on it as of july 10th, hopefully fixed soon.
http://help.ea.com/en/ncaa-football/ncaa-football-14/

Geauxldenboy 07-27-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msuSpartan11 (Post 2046405730)
im having same problem. ea website says they are working on it as of july 10th, hopefully fixed soon.
http://help.ea.com/en/ncaa-football/ncaa-football-14/

Doesn't look good at this point, based on some of the things I've read on EA's "Answer" site.

Any chance that someone could upload the ps3 packs into an offline file?

jt2000 07-27-2014 02:56 PM

All my VT uniforms are gone that I bought.

zdfhsdahpin 07-28-2014 11:18 AM

Scrapps 08-05-2014 09:40 AM

Anyone hear anything on this?

Every time I try to download, I get an error. Says, I have to logged in, or something along those lines.

Is the uniform store closed for good?

madman112 08-07-2014 01:49 AM

any updates on when this going to be fixed? finally bought the game and was hoping to enjoy it, until the download error came up, i spoke with a ea rep and they said they were working on the issues, anyone else have any other insight?

Guyamir11 08-07-2014 10:45 AM

<hr size="1" style="color: rgb(57, 57, 57);"><!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message -->

<table style="width: 90%; margin-top: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="75"><table width="50" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="37"></td><td width="100%" valign="middle" style='background-position: center; width: 1px; height: 24px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/07.gif");'>Quote:</td><td></td></tr></tbody></table></td><td align="left"></td><td align="left"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td></td><td width="100%" align="left" nowrap="nowrap" valign="middle" style='width: 100%; height: 24px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/09.gif");'> Originally Posted by Scrapps</td><td></td></tr></tbody></table></td><td width="100%" align="right"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="100%"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="100%" style='width: 100%; height: 24px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/11.gif");'></td><td align="left"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td width="37" style='width: 37px; height: 1px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/04.gif");'></td><td width="100%" style='width: 100%; height: 1px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/00.gif");'></td><td width="18" style='width: 18px; height: 1px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/05.gif");'></td></tr><tr><td width="37" style='width: 37px; height: 1px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/04.gif");'></td><td width="100%" style='width: 100%; height: 1px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/00.gif");'>I have a different question regarding the uniforms.

</td><td width="18" style='width: 18px; height: 1px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/05.gif");'></td></tr><tr><td width="37"></td><td width="100%" style='width: 100%; height: 14px; background-image: url("/forums/images/quotes/02.gif");'></td><td width="18"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX (Post 2046405035)
Yes you'll be able to re download them for free.

Yes. I had the same problem, changed PS3 cause mine got broken, and I could download it again from the PS store. ( go to `VIEW DOWNLOADS`)

Inoksvere 08-10-2014 10:36 PM

Well, the problem still exists.

I find it quite interesting that this problem has been active for so long. I remember reading about a similar issue in late 2013/early 2014 but it was fixed up.

From what I've read lately, this current issue has been going on for a month or better and EA is "working on it." Right. Working on it.

I would really like for them to get the issue fixed, or just add the uniform packs to the PS Store (because they aren't listed. The training boosters and stuff are, but not the uniform packs) so that all people could purchase them without issue.

madman112 08-11-2014 01:25 PM

i have to agree with what you wrote, hope this issue gets fixed soon, but its difficult when they dont give any updates, and "EA Adviser" have no clue what the issue at hand.

WKUTopper9 08-16-2014 12:23 AM

Count me in as one of the SOL at the moment. Just bought the game, apparently a little too late. Sucks playing in the Pac 12 when OSU still has their old uniforms. Really hope EA throws us a bone soon.

madman112 08-17-2014 01:03 PM

yea i know what you mean, ive spoken with ea, and all i got was they didnt havea time line, if they cant fix the problem why not just put them on the PSN and be done with it hopefully get it gets fixed soon

superman1148 09-02-2014 05:16 PM

Has anyone smarter than me figured out a way to get around this yet? Is it even possible for someone that has them to put them online for dl?

madman112 09-04-2014 01:13 AM

two months later, realistically it doesnt look like there will bea fix, "ea Advisor" avoid the question about the issue, and have no answers. I liked playing the game, but im glad returned a game that i cant fully enjoy.

superman1148 09-04-2014 11:27 PM

It's disappointing that after forking over $60 a year for a decade or more they can't just throw us a bone on this. Or even fix it so we can give them even more money lol. I was just hoping someone had found a way to post them online for the rest of us.

Inoksvere 09-18-2014 12:48 AM

Well, seems like they still don't care about the issue.

That and for some reason I couldn't check the uniforms earlier today, it kept signing me out of EA servers. Perhaps they were doing something to them.

CzarOfFootball 09-26-2014 03:42 AM

Most of the data for the game is kept in the SAVED DATA UTILITY file. Like a computer the PS3 stores and shares data like a reg. PC. All that needs to be done is a generous person copy the ENTIRE FILE onto a flash drive.

Import the FD in your PC, convert the file into a winzip or winrar file and email the file to whoever he/she wants to share the uniform packs. REMEMBER, when the receiving person inputs the file into their PS3, they're overwriting the NCAA Football they once had so it'll seize to exist.

This is only way I can think of in getting those uniform packs. I'm still hoping someone will be willing to share those packs with me so I can enjoy this game.

madman112 09-30-2014 11:06 PM

hey czar been following you post on the Ea site, and I have to agree with you, ive had numerous conversation with the idiot advisor from EA , and they will not help. I have to agree that it be nice to see if ps3 owner would be able to share the uniforms, to be honest i doubt EA will fix the problem that has been happening for the last 7 months, so maybe someone will be able to share these or for some crzy reason ea gets off there butts.

madman112 10-01-2014 02:48 AM

just thought id add this to the post, EA will not fix this same excuse and crap they normally give the customers..... my chat with an advsior on the issue at hand.

Anshul: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Anshul. How may I assist you today?
you: hello
Anshul: Hello, how are you?
you: going to make this quick why does the download uniforms pack work for xbox 360 but not for ps3?
you: this issue has been going on for the last 7 months
Anshul: I'll do my best to figure it out for you.
Anshul: Before we get started please accept our sincere apology for the high wait time. We appreciate your cooperation.
you: so maybe you can give me some answers about this?
Anshul: I am sorry for that inconvenience, actually some of the players have indeed reported similar issues on our end.
It seems that a small fraction of our players are facing this issue at the moment and our developers are working on this issue as we speak.But this is very difficult for us to provide the exact time frame for this,
because this is a technical issue but according to latest updated this issue will be fix as quickly as possible. Actually this is a issue going on PS3 servers and our developers are working with Sony to fix this issue.
you: its been alomst 4 months and still no word? kinda of disrespectful to customers like myself
you: i know these things take time, but still easier to respond the customers about the issue?
you: ive been told by people who play and xbox 360 that they can purchase the uniform from the ingame store
you: so as an advisor what can you tell me about the issue at hand, and what is ea doing to fix the issue? it hard to enjoy a game when it doesnt work, and the people who are suppose to be helping arnt?
Anshul: Yes, you are right this issue is going on with PS3 players only and we have informed our players on this issue on our official help site:-
http://help.ea.com/en/article/access...-store-on-ps3/
I can understand your anxiousness with this. Had I been in your place, I would have felt the same.
Believe me we also don't want to disappoint our players and we are here for you and you only.
As I can see in your account you are a true gamer and our loyal customer from long time and I understand your situation here. Our job is to fix all these issues and provide you best gaming experience and we are 24*7 working for you. Our developers are working on this issue and we'll fix it as quickly as possible.
you: the link you sent me doesnt work.... and as for the comment about devlopers i was told the same thing 3 months ago when i chatted and talk to someone on the phone, and yet nothing has chagned
you: is there any way to talk toa devloper or some who can give me more information about what is being done to fix this issue?
Anshul: You can post this issue on our official forums page:-
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/91.page

As you know developers are not available on chat or phone support but forums are the best way to directly interact with developers.
you: i looked into that , and its the same thing where the moderator doesa great job at deflecting answering the problem
you: the ncaa fourms is reponsed to by EA berry who from ive seen doesnt solve the issue
you: so the question is will the issue be fixed or wont it?
Anshul: I know you are facing this issue from long time but trust we'll definitely fix this issue for you. This issue is already reported and our developers are working on this.
You can try to open this link in different browser:-

http://help.ea.com/en/article/access...-store-on-ps3/
you: so when will it be fixed? i knpw computer program issue tht have been fixed faster than this
you: 4 months and no updates?
Anshul: I am really sorry but this is a technical issue and we are not able to provide you exact time for this because this is not in our hands and only our developers team can fix this for you. If it were possible from my end, I would've definitely fix it for you.
you: seems like the developers are dropping the ball on this? if it were my employer and i wasnt getting the job done id be fired? but it looks like some places are ok with mediocre.
Anshul: No, it is not like that actually sometimes, technical issues comes and fixed within few hours and sometimes it takes longer then expected. We are working on this and we fix this issue also soon for you.
you: i know you doing your job but i heard this same thing two months ago, when you hear the same thing and see no changes the trust is broken at that point
Anshul: Yes, I can understand this and I know you are right at your place because you are facing this issue from long time and you have contacted us many times for this issue and all time we said we'll fix this soon but in server issues we also don't have much to do because only our developers can fix this and this issue is taking much time because this is an issue with PS3 players only and our developers are working with Sony to fix this.
you: will ea compensate the consumer for this issue?
Anshul: Yes, when issues like this takes longer then expected then after fixing the issue our developers always announce compensation for all those players who have faced this.
you: im just looking for this to be fixed soon, i enjoy the game, but it feels like those being affected are not being heard
Anshul: No, we are here for you and you only and we are working on this issue also. To add a article for an issue on official website is the first sign that we are here for you and working for you but as I said sometimes few issues takes longer then expected. I can understand you situation also that you are watching this article from last 4 months and it is not updated yet but believe me we'll definitely fix this issue for you.
you: that artlice was posted in july, its now october
you: little over due for an update
Anshul: Yes, I can understand this and I am reporting this issue again today.
you: well guess will see what happens
you: but at this point im not holing my breath
Anshul: Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Anshul: Is there anything else that you wish to know?
Anshul: It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.
you: im here
you: just looking for answers
Anshul: Is there anything else that you wish to know?
you: as ive asked when this will be fixed
Anshul: I really apologize but this is not possible for us to provide you exact time frame for this issue because this is a technical issue and right now we don't have any exact time for this.

SFNiner 10-01-2014 07:29 PM

This sucks a fat one! I had just decided to break this game back out and was going to download the Vols Smokey Grey unis....but it wont let me. Its complete garbage they dont have it where you can at least pay for them. I mean cmon, we're willing to GIVE you money...use some common sense EA!!!
******** charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script>

CzarOfFootball 10-01-2014 07:43 PM

Yep. That's the way EA handles their customers when they're over with a series. Their priorities are this year's milking of their current franchises and be damned with anything else. As I've mentioned on the other forum, this is unacceptable for them to STONE WALL players about an issue that is hurting the game. The uniform store was a stupid idea/ LIKE THEIR PASSWORD CODES FOR THEIR DAMN SERVERS THAT DIDN'T WORK AT THE TIME/ just to get a profit off consumers for buying used games at Game Stop.

EA is the prime example of corporate GREED at it's devious. Year after year they put out a product showing minimal improvement but sell it on new gimmicks and demanding top dollar for it. When they've collected every ounce of blood from the consumer they halt updates on the product and move to next years' product. This is unacceptable and unprofessional for them to do this. It's the reason why I'm so glad the NBA DID NOT sell their videogame rights to them, if they did it would've angered their legend MICHAEL JORDAN who have worked with 2Ksports for awhile, because I wouldn't received the best basketball games I've ever played in my life. Every year the games are better and reviews just top my remarks.

When the NBA shared their rights to all companies, EA couldn't hang nearly a 4 year absence in Basketball product. They bought the lead designer of the NBA 2K series and they're haven't been much of an improvement of their product because EA don't care about customer service except our dollar & cents. It's a pathetic business sense and I hope the NFL gets their heads out of their asses and open their rights for 2k to start making games again. It's the monopoly EA has that's straining consumers and the goal of better product.

The uniform store was another way for EA to sell product without sharing profits with SONY. 360 and xbox live is a paid service and they're not restrained to continue access. If they feel that way EA can just RAISE the prices for the uniform packs so they can satisfy their gluttonous pockets. This s h i t gets me so mad.

skilgore1 10-24-2014 07:22 PM

I purchased and downloaded up to the Uniform Pack 6 but missed out on Uniform Packs 7-9. I talked to a friend that works at EA and he said because of the current NCAA litigation going on with the lawsuits that they have shut it down temporarily. Lets hope the lawsuit ends soon and the licensing agreement can be re-signed.

jello1717 10-24-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skilgore1 (Post 2046731724)
I purchased and downloaded up to the Uniform Pack 6 but missed out on Uniform Packs 7-9. I talked to a friend that works at EA and he said because of the current NCAA litigation going on with the lawsuits that they have shut it down temporarily. Lets hope the lawsuit ends soon and the licensing agreement can be re-signed.

That's not true. I download a pack yesterday and another one today.

MSDeal88 11-12-2014 12:28 PM

Any update on this? I've been considering picking this game up but as a WVU Alum, not having the new uniforms may just be a dealbreaker for me.