Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Non-Sports Gaming (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) (/forums/showthread.php?t=947888)

peter42O 03-06-2019 01:52 PM

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an action adventure hack and slash game developed by From Software of Bloodborne and Demon's/Dark Souls games. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice releases in two weeks on March 22nd, 2019.

Easy Allies 35 minute preview gives a very good description of the game with some gameplay -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kXKtIOGJmgo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gotmadskillzson 03-06-2019 01:54 PM

Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

Saw this on Steam a few days ago. Looks really good.

underdog13 03-06-2019 02:47 PM

I'm going to get it. Should be good.

Playing through Dark Souls 3 rn

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Scary Larry 03-06-2019 03:32 PM

Started fresh in Bloodborne and I'm in love again. I had some From fatigue, but this looks great as well.

Scary Larry 03-06-2019 03:34 PM

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=ZkUNLxeXaPY

SeaTownGamer 03-08-2019 07:31 PM

This game looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pappy Knuckles 03-14-2019 12:22 PM

I hadn't paid attention to this game during its development cycle, so I had no opinion on it one way or the other. However, after watching several YouTube videos, I'm more than interested now.

The level design is what's got my attention the most. The overall look of the game is gorgeous. The samurai aspect is a big draw for me too. It looks like a more polished Nioh, which is another game that I thought was very good.

The only other From Software game I put a lot of time into was Bloodborne. The combat in this game seems a lot more fluid than that was. It'll be interesting to see how it feels with a controller in hand, though. Time to mentally prepare myself to get my *** kicked over and over again.

Methlab 03-19-2019 12:27 AM

I already bought and preloaded it. Can’t wait.

bcruise 03-19-2019 12:42 AM

Looking forward to some impressions on this as I often get into FromSoft games some time after their releases. Kinda forgot it does in fact have its own thread! :google:

peter42O 03-19-2019 12:55 AM

Since I have a $10 coupon that came with buying The Division 2 from GameStop that expires on the 29th, I'll be picking up Sekiro before then. May even buy it Friday morning but not 100% sure. Will definitely be buying it no later than the 29th though.

For those interested, the review embargo lifts on Thursday at 9am EST.

ezio 03-19-2019 04:51 PM

I ended up pre-ordering it as well but I got the disc instead of digital so I can trade it in if I gt frustrated :)

Methlab 03-20-2019 01:28 AM

By all accounts its gonna be hard. But thats cool. From games are rewarding in that way. They dont feel cheap.

ezio 03-20-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methlab (Post 2049722161)
By all accounts its gonna be hard. But thats cool. From games are rewarding in that way. They dont feel cheap.

I agree. They don't feel cheap at all. My only concern is that with the other games I usually got help on the bosses so we will see how it goes since there is no multi-player.

XxGamerXx 03-20-2019 08:07 AM

I hope that the PRO version is not locked at 1080p with an unlocked FPS between 40 and 60 as DF is reporting

That would suck big time.....

Good thing I will be playing this on my pc at 4k and hopefully unlocked FPS with GSYNC

peter42O 03-20-2019 06:58 PM

Five minute overview trailer -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O6rN540rzjY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gotmadskillzson 03-21-2019 02:13 PM

Was watching people play this yesterday and this morning. The amount of times people died was insane. They weren't lying when they said this game is hard.

xXInfectedXx 03-21-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2049723337)
Was watching people play this yesterday and this morning. The amount of times people died was insane. They weren't lying when they said this game is hard.

I've been hearing that too.

ezio 03-22-2019 07:36 AM

If the beginning of the game is any indication I am going to die Alot.

ch46647 03-22-2019 05:58 PM

This game is amazing. But it is very challenging! I have not played a Japanese game in many years.

Flightwhite24 03-22-2019 08:42 PM

This game is PURE EVIL. I might be too weak for this game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phobia 03-22-2019 10:24 PM

Game is insane good!! I will be hooked hard on this.

XxGamerXx 03-23-2019 07:30 AM

This game runs like a freaking dream on PC

And it is brutal and will make some quit

ch46647 03-23-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxGamerXx (Post 2049724951)
This game runs like a freaking dream on PC

And it is brutal and will make some quit

Seems to run great on the Xbox X as well. I haven’t seen any issues. The game is phenomenal.

franch1se 03-23-2019 10:03 PM

Is there a difficulty setting Hahah. I've never played one of these games before and I'm enjoying it but also getting frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

XxGamerXx 03-23-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch46647 (Post 2049725002)
Seems to run great on the Xbox X as well. I haven’t seen any issues. The game is phenomenal.

on consoles it goes from 35 to 45 fps constantly which is a big issue...They should have capped it at 30fps

PC is locked 60fps 4k max settings. It is incredible

Cubfan 03-24-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franch1se (Post 2049725621)
Is there a difficulty setting Hahah. I've never played one of these games before and I'm enjoying it but also getting frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

No difficulty setting you just have to learn to be patent and block their attacks at the right time. It took me several times to get the hang of it in the tutorial area. I was excited when I beat the first sub boss.

Phobia 03-24-2019 07:33 AM

I was super pumped last night when I finally beat the chained Ogre! I had him at 10% health and normally choose die so I don't afflict people with dragonrot but made the decision to resurrect to finish him. It was the right call lol.

ch46647 03-24-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 2049725961)
I was super pumped last night when I finally beat the chained Ogre! I had him at 10% health and normally choose die so I don't afflict people with dragonrot but made the decision to resurrect to finish him. It was the right call lol.

What are the effects of Dragonrot?

DarthRambo 03-24-2019 10:27 AM

I reached the first major boss. Tried for 2 hours and couldn't beat her! Lady Butterfly is her name. Anyone get this far yet?

This game is complex with its controls for fighting, but man it feels rewarding when you take down a sub boss.

I played and beat Dark Souls 3, and imo so far this game appears that it will be harder. I have died countless times, and Dragonrot is spreading lol

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

ezio 03-24-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSalsa (Post 2049726067)
I have died countless times, and Dragonrot is spreading lol

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

I am sure you know this but you can cure Dragonrot.

areobee401 03-24-2019 09:03 PM

Tried defeating Juzou the Drunkard for like an hour before calling it a day. I have a good idea on how to beat the guy, it’s the execution that’s the problem. lol

Great game, though. Challenging and paced beautifully. Every victory no matter how minor feels rewarding. And most importantly the defeats don’t come off as cheap.

Candyman5 03-24-2019 10:42 PM

Compared too dark souls 2/3 and Bloodborne, how difficult is it compared too those?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

areobee401 03-25-2019 06:50 AM

Believe it or not I would say harder. Partly because of the tendency to play it like a Soulborne or Dark Souls game is there, and those games it is not. Maybe once I shake that the game will become easier for me?

Methlab 03-25-2019 12:08 PM

It’s harder because you can’t build up an OP character and plow through parts. You also can not pull in outside help on bosses.

That said, so far for me it is still very fun. It is not linear, so if you get stuck at the Butterfly boss, you may want to look where you are at in the normal world. For example, I am bouncing back to take on bosses that will strengthen my attack before I go back to her.

The difficulty of the game makes it more addictive. When you go back to parts that seemed hard, and clear them fast because your skill improved, and not your character, that is really awesome aspect of the game.

I have no idea how tough it can get yet, but From is great because their games are designed for you to improve at the base mechanics. And doing that is more rewarding than cheesing your way through a play through, IMO.

ezio 03-25-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areobee401 (Post 2049726773)
Tried defeating Juzou the Drunkard for like an hour before calling it a day. I have a good idea on how to beat the guy, it’s the execution that’s the problem. lol

I am on him currently as well but I might go back to another part so I can strengthen my attack. I actually almost beat him the first time I faced him but ended up dying. I was surprised I almost beat the first time.

Heat_Fan 03-25-2019 12:52 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get the item way up on the ledge when the game first starts and you are in the cave? If you turn around and swim across the water you'll see a ledge way up and there's an item up there. I've tried everything including grabbing the rope and pulling myself up but the game wouldn't let me do that.

xXInfectedXx 03-25-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areobee401 (Post 2049727122)
Believe it or not I would say harder. Partly because of the tendency to play it like a Soulborne or Dark Souls game is there, and those games it is not. Maybe once I shake that the game will become easier for me?

... And as interesting as I may find this game, it will probably go right to the "not going to play this ever" pile, as Dark Souls did after one brief attempt. If I can't handle Dark Souls, I certainly can't handle something tougher.

Pappy Knuckles 03-25-2019 08:21 PM

I'm not a big "Souls" player, but I did complete Bloodborne (shoutout to 42 for helping me through a section) and played a little of Dark Souls 3. I consider those very solid games, but I'm already more into Sekiro than I was either of those two games. Being a badass shinobi is just more interesting to me than the whole gothic lore. My expectations have been exceeded.

This game does everything Nioh did, but better. I mentioned the other day that it looked very fluid while watching videos, but I was still surprised by how well it plays when it got my hands on it. Everything from how you can climb walls and grab ledges, to the grappling hook mechanics are on point. The combat itself a lot of fun, and it feels rewarding to take enemies out. We've got a good one here.

areobee401 03-26-2019 09:25 PM

Lady Butterfly is no joke!

shon 03-27-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areobee401 (Post 2049729643)
Lady Butterfly is no joke!

Took me 2 straight hours to beat that boss. I thought I had her beat after 1 hour but then .... you know.