Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   F1 22 Patch 1.08 Fixes AI Straight Line Speed After Slow Corners (/forums/showthread.php?t=1000358)

Steve_OS 08-09-2022 06:31 AM

F1 22 Patch 1.08 Fixes AI Straight Line Speed After Slow Corners

F1 22 patch 1.08 is available on all platforms fixing the AI straight line speed after...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

DarthRambo 08-09-2022 10:32 AM

Re: F1 22 Patch 1.08 Fixes AI Straight Line Speed After Slow Corners

This is huge! Miami after that super slow turn into a long straight was impossible to get a good run off the corner vs the AI. I was trying to hold off playing too much until this was fixed.

Now to fix the excessive wear on parts when doing quick practice programs.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Steve_OS 08-09-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSalsa (Post 2050632101)
Now to fix the excessive wear on parts when doing quick practice programs.

Based on their community update post, it's something they are investigating.

longway911 08-10-2022 02:20 PM

Christ this explains so much. I had no idea this was an issue, I thought I was just sucking really hard at the game this year, but when a Williams is chasing me down and passing me on a straight you know SOMETHING is wrong.

DarthRambo 08-14-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longway911 (Post 2050632703)
Christ this explains so much. I had no idea this was an issue, I thought I was just sucking really hard at the game this year, but when a Williams is chasing me down and passing me on a straight you know SOMETHING is wrong.

Lol yes exactly. Before I knew it was a problem I just chalked it up to needing more engine power upgrades on the R&D lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

brandon27 08-16-2022 11:14 AM

Sadly the patch hasn't really helped. The AI still is a complete mess this year, from idiotic passing attempts, to super speed in corners, out of corners, down the straights, and being about 2-3 seconds faster typically in the rain.

The majority of bugs patched last year; are present again this year. Shocking.

The traction/grip levels for the player car is way off base. No way you should be losing the rear end of a formula one car in 5th and 6th gear while accelerating through high speed corners.

But hey... last year we got a mess of a game and a story mode that nobody wanted. This year we get a mess of a game without the story mode, but instead we got a house and some clothes and pointless inclusion of hypercars. Sounds like a typical EA series to be honest and that's pretty sad given how great this series used to be.

Still fun to play if you can overlook the mess, but the downward trend is certainly well underway IMO as they add things nobody wants, and neglect the things everyone cares about.