Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2k should add the slam Dunk Contest vs The highlight Film as a Jordan Challenge (/forums/showthread.php?t=1000414)

simbayless 08-11-2022 09:45 AM

2k should add the slam Dunk Contest vs The highlight Film as a Jordan Challenge

The 80's slam dunk contest had the most talented stars going against eachother and wasn't bench players going against role players

Should of added slam dunk contest as a MJ Challenge mode Michael Jordan vs Dominique Wilkins was a instant classic!

https://youtu.be/CI9VutOQlbU

BTW 2k should of put the image of MJ doing the splits in the Air floating from the free throw line as the online cover champion edition

VDusen04 08-11-2022 10:02 AM

Re: 2k should add the slam Dunk Contest vs The highlight Film as a Jordan Challenge

There was an allusion to the 1988 dunk contest in their 2K23 Jordan trailer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d4aawU6EOLo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That said, according to an unverified leak, one of the new challenges may be the 1988 All-Star Game (no mention of the dunk contest). I'm probably in wait-and-see mode on that one.

Broadly, I do agree that a Jordan vs. Wilkins dunk contest would be a great idea, particularly if it were anchored to a revitalized 2K dunk contest feature. After watching NBA Live '05 nail the dunk contest feature (great controls, great room for creativity, open to any player wearing any jersey), I'm not sure you could have convinced me back then that 18 years would pass without any further progress on that front.

Edit: It's confirmed as being the 1988 All-Star Game, not the dunk contest.