Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS (/forums/showthread.php?t=1000472)

CM Hooe 08-14-2022 08:14 PM

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Madden NFL 23 unlocks for All-Madden Edition pre-orders and EA PLAY trial access Tuesday at midnight. This thread will unlock at that time.

Please only post impressions in this thread. Q&A / commentary / non-impressions will be deleted.

ChaseB 08-15-2022 03:20 PM

Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Game is out for EA Play, so opening up.

canes21 08-15-2022 03:25 PM

Some quick hitting initial impressions. Please note these are all on Simulation All-Madden with the only change being Speed Threshold increased to 95/100.

- Pass Rush was not touched from the beta. It's there loud and proud.
- New player models look great like they did in the beta.
- Not sure if the loose undershirt was tweaked a little after the beta. It sticks out a bit more. I think it could be a bit closer to the body. It looks sort of like a small tennis skirt.
- Locomotion is so good.
- Off platform throws are missing on default sliders for myself and the CPU.
- Not seeing the tipped interception issue from the beta. Nearly every ball is finding grass if it is jarred loose.
- CPU QB pocket movement is in a good place. Not perfect, but it's nice to see them move in all directions to avoid the rush.

I'll post more as I get more time with the game.

canes21 08-15-2022 03:26 PM

I forgot.

Madden's different models look great. I love having him in the menu. I hope that if they insist on 3D models in the main menu that it remains Coach.

The longer hair in the game is similar to how next gen Fifa has been in recent years. That also includes Madden's shaggy head. It looks fantastic on him and the players.

IlluminatusUIUC 08-15-2022 03:32 PM

Played 2 H2H matches. So far the game plays great IMO, I'm still figuring out the passing mechanics but I like what I am seeing. I need to build my own playbook to really open things up but I'm not sure if I wanna waste my demo time on that.

Is it possible to turn off the "Tilt-o-puke" camera shot on Kick Returns? It's godawful and because the game does inputs based on camera position, it makes it extremely difficult to either to set up returns or to cover them. Who thought it was a good idea to have the camera swivel like that during live gameplay?

canes21 08-15-2022 03:44 PM

Not much feels better in life than using the hard cut in this game. Even if it doesn't get you free, just putting that foot down and exploding upfield feels great. It has all of the good of cutting in NCAA 14, but with next gen movement and it is not OP at all.

I am also noticing that post play the camera stays in the regular gameplay camera angle somewhat often. Not sure if it is a bug or not since that used to never really be the case, but I enjoy it. It is definitely improved over the jarring camera cuts to unrealistic camera angles that have plagued the series for years.

FG trajectories also seem changed. No more comically low trajectories on anything over 35 yards. They aren't perfect, but much better and most kicks see some slice on them it seems. Another small detail that just makes the experience that much better.

CujoMatty 08-15-2022 04:19 PM

Only 1 game so far(ps5). Was really impressed so far. Game looks great. I like the hair and cloth physics. Player models are so much better

Running gets better every year and that cut mechanic is fantastic.

Wr db interaction is great. I didn't see any real dramatic issues in coverage which ultimately killed 22 for me.

Everything feels real organic with tackling and animations but with the freedom comes some jank. I expected that and am not upset by it.

The new passing mechanics are cool but I didn't find myself really caring about it and more or less did things like I normally do.

The atmosphere justt feels so much better and immersive.

I played a pre season game and the cpu QB was a bit too accurate for my liking especially for a backup.

Really liked how the cpu qb moved around and sensed pressure.

Cpu run game was non existent. Hoping it's a one game thing but this has been my number 1 complaint for a long time.

vertman 08-15-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2050634903)
Not much feels better in life than using the hard cut in this game. Even if it doesn't get you free, just putting that foot down and exploding upfield feels great. It has all of the good of cutting in NCAA 14, but with next gen movement and it is not OP at all.

I am also noticing that post play the camera stays in the regular gameplay camera angle somewhat often. Not sure if it is a bug or not since that used to never really be the case, but I enjoy it. It is definitely improved over the jarring camera cuts to unrealistic camera angles that have plagued the series for years.

FG trajectories also seem changed. No more comically low trajectories on anything over 35 yards. They aren't perfect, but much better and most kicks see some slice on them it seems. Another small detail that just makes the experience that much better.

I have been begging for some change to FG trajectories for years . Also thought they were ridiculously low too. I also would love wind socks on the uprights . Seeing them blowing in the wind would just seem more realistic on FG tries IMO. Seems like a small thing they could add but never do

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports