Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Back to the future what NBA team Era you gonna use in the Time Machine? (/forums/showthread.php?t=1000632)

simbayless 08-19-2022 10:31 AM

Back to the future what NBA team Era you gonna use in the Time Machine?

I figured i make a thread after hearing the good news from 2k MYNBA- ERA🔥🔥🔥🔥 got me hype!

So lets have some fun in this and state what teams,players, what era you gonna use in detail

Coldbillz 08-19-2022 10:59 AM

Re: Back to the future what NBA team Era you gonna use in the Time Machine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simbayless (Post 2050638161)
I figured i make a thread after hearing the good news from 2k MYNBA- ERA[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] got me hype!

So lets have some fun in this and state what teams,players, what era you gonna use in detail

Jordan Era, And I'm Playing With Those Tough Knicks Teams That Couldn't Get Pass MJ! We Goin to Kick His *** [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A326U using Operation Sports mobile app

Pray_iv_m3rcy 08-19-2022 11:02 AM

Kobe Era with the Orlando Magic. See if a healthy Grant Hill can help Tmac get a ring

simbayless 08-19-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldbillz (Post 2050638189)
Jordan Era, And I'm Playing With Those Tough Knicks Teams That Couldn't Get Pass MJ! We Goin to Kick His *** [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A326U using Operation Sports mobile app

Lmao everyone gonna revenge jordan on some victim tour🤣🤣🤣

JAY_D1 08-19-2022 11:10 AM

Im having four different saves :D

But honestly, I'm starting in the Jordan Era, crushing everyone again and making sure the Houston Rockets or San Antonio Spurs dont touch that trophy..
Its going to be a 9 peat...

what they say Mike?

"THEY CANT WIN TILL WE QUIT."

GO Bulls!

Pouring Champagne in your stadiums in Sept 9th

trey2k198003 08-19-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simbayless (Post 2050638161)
I figured i make a thread after hearing the good news from 2k MYNBA- ERA🔥🔥🔥🔥 got me hype!

Buddy and I were talking about this lastnight. If they have Reggie Miller in the game we are going to go on a run and win some chips vs Jordan. If not then I am going to get tmac and Vince and run the league.

Another thing I was thinking is if I can win the Lebron sweepstakes as another franchise maybe the Sonics.

baconbits11 08-19-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAY_D1 (Post 2050638205)
Im having four different saves :D

But honestly, I'm starting in the Jordan Era, crushing everyone again and making sure the Houston Rockets or San Antonio Spurs dont touch that trophy..

Its going to be a 9 peat...

what they say Mike?

"THEY CANT WIN TILL WE QUIT."

GO Bulls!

Pouring Champagne in your stadiums in Sept 9th

Im with ya. Krause you're fired and as long as Phil and Michael want to chase rings [emoji183] they are welcome in Chicago!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

simbayless 08-19-2022 12:23 PM

Im gonna use the 2002 Lakers with mvp shaq in his Prime
Then im gonna try my hardest to trade for melo in 2003
Groom Carmelo to mesh with a young kobe
And give kobe a fat contract extension at the end of shaq career im giving superman the boot 🥾 trade for ton of picks save them for 2007 draft and draft my boy Durant and will be the big 3!

Bean in his prime,melo killing torching the league with a baby KD learning from two offensive killers 🔥🔥🔥
Im a heavy loaded western conference
We will be feared!!!

My future Goal starting lineup

Point- steve Blake

Shooting Guard - mamba

3-melo

Foward -Durantuala

Center maybe Greg olden if i get lucky idk yet lol

Triangle offense with phil jackson

AIRJ23 08-19-2022 12:29 PM

The GOAT in 91, of course. See if I can 9 peat and build my team to be primed to take on The Dream after a 3 peat fatigue in 94/95. Goal will be to get Rodman on the team asap.

MJWizards 08-19-2022 12:33 PM

1983-1984 - Showtime Lakers and B-King Knicks

1991-1992 - MJ and Larry Legend with Lewis

2002-2003 - MJ last dance and T-Mac

:cheers::cheers:

MavsManiac4Life 08-19-2022 12:59 PM

Gonna wait for all the rosters to be fleshed out and then try and do two versions of each save. One trying to recreate big moments like it’s the Jordan Challenge and the other one just having fun with the What-Ifs.

TarHeelPhenom 08-19-2022 01:09 PM

Magic/Bird ERA

New York Knicks

I have big plans for a Bernard King led Knicks team. I plan on getting him some help in the 1985 season when a big man out of Georgetown becomes available. I'm not sure if Mark Jackson is the right Point Guard for us heading into the 90's and Kenny "Sky" Walker will 100% be drafted by somebody else lol.

Bernie and Big Pat re-write history for the city of New York!

Cold Snap 08-19-2022 01:47 PM

I'll just repeat what I said in the Eras blog thread:

I just realized EXACTLY what I'm going to do with this mode.

I'm going to start in 1991-92, sim forward, and take control of the expansion Vancouver Grizzlies.

For those unaware, the Grizz spent only six years in Vancouver, amassing a 101-359 record, or .220 win%.
Adjusting the lockout-shortened 1999 season to the full 82 games, that's an average of 18-64 over six seasons.

My local newspaper started calling them the Grisly. I'm not joking.

To this day, I feel so, so sorry for the people of Van City, as they never got to experience even half-decent NBA basketball before their team was ripped away from them.

So I'm going to see what happens if the team is run COMPETENTLY.

And for any Vancouverites reading this: I do hope you get a team again.
After Seattle gets the Supersonics back, of course.

TarHeelPhenom 08-19-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Snap (Post 2050638349)
I'll just repeat what I said in the Eras blog thread:

I just realized EXACTLY what I'm going to do with this mode.

I'm going to start in 1991-92, sim forward, and take control of the expansion Vancouver Grizzlies.

For those unaware, the Grizz spent only six years in Vancouver, amassing a 101-359 record, or .220 win%.
Adjusting the lockout-shortened 1999 season to the full 82 games, that's an average of 18-64 over six seasons.

My local newspaper started calling them the Grisly. I'm not joking.

To this day, I feel so, so sorry for the people of Van City, as they never got to experience even half-decent NBA basketball before their team was ripped away from them.

So I'm going to see what happens if the team is run COMPETENTLY.

And for any Vancouverites reading this: I do hope you get a team again.
After Seattle gets the Supersonics back, of course.

Bigger question is...will you draft Big Country Reeves to build around lol.

alabamarob 08-19-2022 02:07 PM

2022-23 Hawks

Cold Snap 08-19-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom (Post 2050638361)
Bigger question is...will you draft Big Country Reeves to build around lol.

The 1995 draft, Kevin Garnett aside, was very weak.

And the Grizz were already handicapped by KG being taken one pick before theirs.

However, if they were dead-set on taking a big man, there WAS another option:

With the 18th pick in the 1995 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons selected...Theo Ratliff, a tremendous defender from the University of Wyoming.

KobeDropped81 08-19-2022 03:57 PM

- Bringing MJ to the Pacific Northwest
- Making sure Shaq & Kobe never split
- Making sure Nash never leaves Dallas

simbayless 08-19-2022 04:04 PM

2k should copy what Saint Row did
A demo like system where you can CAP your rosters in a month before launch

For nba 2k24 wishlist

Wildcats302 08-19-2022 04:34 PM

I will start in 83 and try to win the title with the Lakers in 84 (Hopefully against the Celtics). I may or may not try to trade Kareem to trade up to get Hakeem or Jordan in the draft.

Not sure though as I love Kareem..maybe I could trade Worthy, but not sure if the CPU would go for that trade for a top 2 pick.

I just assume unless we control all teams that Jordan will end up on the Suns or something in 1984 lol not sure how they could regular realistic drafts as the team with the worst record in my franchise will be different than the real life one from 1984

Yallasama 08-19-2022 05:17 PM

Definitely will check out MJ era first and make sure I’ll control all teams to get the rosters right for 93-94 to get that Bulls Rockets finals that we were robbed of! 🙃 I’m playing Dream and make sure we still win that trophy 🙃

porkys8077 08-19-2022 08:49 PM

I'm playing in the Jordan Era and picking Da Bulls will be the team I'm playing with. And try to relocate the Clippers back to San Diego.

LegendKillerOne 08-19-2022 09:47 PM

Going to run in the 80's with Bird for sure

not_so_old_skool_fan 08-19-2022 10:16 PM

One idea I might try is give the Utah Jazz the one star player they were missing during the Malone/Stockton era.

Take over the 1984 Sixers and replay it with a healthy Andrew Toney. Toney only really played with Barkley his rookie season before his body broke down.

jerwoods 08-19-2022 10:20 PM

is this ps5 only or will ps4 have this too

because if it's ps5 only that is a great selling poing fo the ps5

Ceni 08-19-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerwoods (Post 2050638723)
is this ps5 only or will ps4 have this too

because if it's ps5 only that is a great selling poing fo the ps5

PS5 and Series X only

zello144 08-19-2022 11:58 PM

Kobe era with the Wizards

Gonna turn MJ and Kwame Brown into a dynasty :lol:

I'm going to try to have MJ play one more year so we can repeat and lure Phil Jackson away from the Lakers.

chitown1-23 08-20-2022 12:37 AM

I plan on 3 different saves. Jordan era 91 bulls. Kobe era sim to d rose bulls. And modern era for todays bulls.

I’m a homer.

midwestking100 08-20-2022 02:04 AM

Running with the 90s bulls. Try to keep Mike unretired going in to the 93-94 season so there will be a bulls vs rockets finals matchup.

Wow

I haven't been this excited about a 2k game since 2k12.

RockHogan 08-20-2022 03:24 AM

I will play each and every team because I want accurate rosters. But one thing is for sure....The Seattle Supersonics are going to stay. Oklahoma City Thunder will not exist in my world

daveberg 08-20-2022 05:58 AM

No brainer - Jordan & The Bulls, all the way through to retirement in 03. Then The Lakers until Kobe's retirement.

I'll stop playing then, as I don't care for the modern day NBA.

MJWizards 08-20-2022 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveberg (Post 2050638841)
No brainer - Jordan & The Bulls, all the way through to retirement in 03. Then The Lakers until Kobe's retirement.

I'll stop playing then, as I don't care for the modern day NBA.

Am I the only one who is gonna try to win a championship with the 2002-03 Wizards? :wave:

KPH2293 08-20-2022 10:13 AM

Celtics fan -- I'm torn between the 80s and 90s. For the first, I could try to match or even better what those Bird teams achieved, or try to guide the franchise through what was Bird's final year and beyond.

The second one sounds more tempting at this moment just because those years were difficult for the Celtics, so it'd be a unique challenge. Assuming he's in the game, I could also see what could have been with Reggie Lewis.

Regardless, I'm very excited for this feature, and I think it will be a lot of fun to go back in time.

midwestking100 08-20-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPH2293 (Post 2050638931)
Celtics fan -- I'm torn between the 80s and 90s. For the first, I could try to match or even better what those Bird teams achieved, or try to guide the franchise through what was Bird's final year and beyond.

The second one sounds more tempting at this moment just because those years were difficult for the Celtics, so it'd be a unique challenge. Assuming he's in the game, I could also see what could have been with Reggie Lewis.

Regardless, I'm very excited for this feature, and I think it will be a lot of fun to go back in time.

It would really be dope to see Bird change his hairstyle after the 1987 season in this mynba mode from the mullet to a short cut

TarHeelPhenom 08-20-2022 01:40 PM

For anybody who wishes to get re-acquainted with 80's basketball, here is a link to a playlist I found on YouTube. Over 700 full games. I have been binge watching since last night. I almost forgot how much they DIDN'T play defense in the early to mid 80's until the Pistons came around lol. Some of those scores were ridiculous...especially any game involving the Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs with George Gervin. So, the Magic/Bird ERA should be more free flowing in my opinion.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mHGfo0beC4iGoC

jclazaris84 08-20-2022 01:53 PM

i can't because i play on the inferior pc.

daveberg 08-20-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJWizards (Post 2050638853)
Am I the only one who is gonna try to win a championship with the 2002-03 Wizards? :wave:

Definitely considering that. Might see if I can get the Bulls 8 straight, then rebuild, giving MJ perhaps a few extra years in Washington.

Might mix up the reality a little, but keep the same player base. No modern day players. Old school only.

Bruceleroy4455 08-20-2022 03:39 PM

I'll let the big guys handle rosters and draft classes I'll focus on fictional team creations for those who want a 36-team MYNBA or a fictional league. But I'm going to put a team in Pittsburgh in the 80s and ruin some player's legacies

AIRJ23 08-21-2022 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom (Post 2050639091)
For anybody who wishes to get re-acquainted with 80's basketball, here is a link to a playlist I found on YouTube. Over 700 full games. I have been binge watching since last night. I almost forgot how much they DIDN'T play defense in the early to mid 80's until the Pistons came around lol. Some of those scores were ridiculous...especially any game involving the Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs with George Gervin. So, the Magic/Bird ERA should be more free flowing in my opinion.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...mHGfo0beC4iGoC

Yup. I was reading an article from the early 80’s complaining about way too high scores and too relaxed defenses allowing them. Sounded nearly identical to similar articles written today on current ball. Then Pistons changed all that which led to the 90’s. There’s an interview with Pat Riley from the 90’s I just saw where he talks about how how much tougher defense and how much more effort 90’s players put it in than any era before it which resulted in the lower scoring games. Was a good watch. He was saying how in the 80’s they’d have strategies to let certain players shoot as much as they wanted. He said in the 90’s his rule was no easy shots and everything contested.

Quentin32 08-21-2022 02:10 AM

Magic plays through HIV after the finals lost
Get Barkley through trade in the off-season

We stop the bulls from a back 2 back

Now MJ has a legit rivalry

Agame 08-21-2022 04:16 AM

1983 Indiana Pacers ( When the Rosters are completed) :)

Pacers had the 2nd pick and choose.....Steve Stipanovich

Not really a bad choice, was considered the 2nd best center in the draft. I thought they would take Clyde Drexler. Drexler went 15th in the draft in 1983.

Pacers had Herb Williams at Center, I did not think that Stipanovich was much of an upgrade. ( Donnie Walsh thought he was top 6 Center in NBA League during his playing career)

Pacers finished LAST the next 4 years :(

I hoping to change that with Clyde the Glide. :cheers: