Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) (/forums/showthread.php?t=1001336)

The 24th Letter 09-08-2022 08:49 AM

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

For those of us that’s have the game or packed our bags out of the country. Try to get a good bit of gameplay in and post impressions here.

ksuttonjr76 09-08-2022 08:51 AM

Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2050651288)
For those of us that’s have the game or packed our bags out of the country. Post impressions here.

We should use the other thread since dude came out the gates firing with his first impression [emoji51].

AIRJ23 09-08-2022 08:52 AM

Copying. Game is gorgeous. Great work on MJ. Defense is HORRIBLE to slashers:

Ok I’m on New Zealand time and I got the game. So far I’m just a few minutes into my first game. I’m using the current rosters and current Bulls only with MJ traded onto the team (I want to get a feel for it in its current form to compare to 2K22 first).

Early excited thoughts:

Game and presentation are stunning. Some details related to Jordan I had early issues with are fixed. MJ on the main screen in itself makes this a collectors item to me. It’s like it was made for me. Jordan looks great and has TONS of life like sigs. Although I think they made his tone a little too light. His face is pretty perfect. His head maybe a little too short and stubby. Could be a bit longer and more chiseled. The shape of his head was good in 22, it just needed the new scan.

I DO NOT love the new filter for regular games (not talking about retro filters). The standard game filter at least on the current United Center court is too smoky and pink. The current Bulls court is hard on the eyes. The wood is washed out and too bright and white, which is a real issue for me. Retro jerseys are better. The bulls retro joke jerseys are no longer and ugly “off white,” they’re now crisp sharp white like the current Bulls jerseys. MJ has some new color ways but still some are missing.

Lots of fouls committed on MJ already in my first game.

The defense. Well. It reminds me of 2K21. I’m not talking about help. I’m not talking about shading etc. I’m talking just simile, brute defense. It’s VERY EASY to blow by defenders with a good slasher like Jordan. I’ve been playing my first game for about 4 minutes and I’m dunking every play with Jordan. I have it on HOF! On hof in 2K22 when I first got it I was getting cooked. Not I just drive and dunk. Will the AI start doubling MJ and provide help? I don’t know yet. But the brick wall effect is toned way down here, you just get right by anyone. I will toy with body up sensitivity etc. and see if that fixes it.

I haven’t even tried eras yet. These are initial impressions.

I’m sure using the 90’s United Center will fix many of the issues with the current United Center being WAY too bright.

The only issue is the on ball defense on elite slashers! I’m playing my first ever game on HoF and I’m beating the Bucks PURELY by driving into the hole with MJ spamming turbo and posterizing everyone or getting fouled. I hope this can be fixed.

The 24th Letter 09-08-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2050651292)
We should use the other thread since dude came out the gates firing with his first impression [emoji51].

As expected, lol.

Going to keep it all in one place before the official thread goes up.

Cowboyfan_19 09-08-2022 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIRJ23 (Post 2050651294)
Copying. Game is gorgeous. Great work on MJ. Defense is HORRIBLE to slashers:

Ok I’m on New Zealand time and I got the game. So far I’m just a few minutes into my first game. I’m using the current rosters and current Bulls only with MJ traded onto the team (I want to get a feel for it in its current form to compare to 2K22 first).

Early excited thoughts:

Game and presentation are stunning. Some details related to Jordan I had early issues with are fixed. MJ on the main screen in itself makes this a collectors item to me. It’s like it was made for me. Jordan looks great and has TONS of life like sigs. Although I think they made his tone a little too light. His face is pretty perfect. His head maybe a little too short and stubby. Could be a bit longer and more chiseled. The shape of his head was good in 22, it just needed the new scan.

I DO NOT love the new filter for regular games (not talking about retro filters). The standard game filter at least on the current United Center court is too smoky and pink. The current Bulls court is hard on the eyes. The wood is washed out and too bright and white, which is a real issue for me. Retro jerseys are better. The bulls retro joke jerseys are no longer and ugly “off white,” they’re now crisp sharp white like the current Bulls jerseys. MJ has some new color ways but still some are missing.

Lots of fouls committed on MJ already in my first game.

The defense. Well. It reminds me of 2K21. I’m not talking about help. I’m not talking about shading etc. I’m talking just simile, brute defense. It’s VERY EASY to blow by defenders with a good slasher like Jordan. I’ve been playing my first game for about 4 minutes and I’m dunking every play with Jordan. I have it on HOF! On hof in 2K22 when I first got it I was getting cooked. Not I just drive and dunk. Will the AI start doubling MJ and provide help? I don’t know yet. But the brick wall effect is toned way down here, you just get right by anyone. I will toy with body up sensitivity etc. and see if that fixes it.

I haven’t even tried eras yet. These are initial impressions.

I’m sure using the 90’s United Center will fix many of the issues with the current United Center being WAY too bright.

The only issue is the on ball defense on elite slashers! I’m playing my first ever game on HoF and I’m beating the Bucks PURELY by driving into the hole with MJ spamming turbo and posterizing everyone or getting fouled. I hope this can be fixed.

Great, so the games will be decided by who does & doesn't have clamps/intimidator again? I roll with the '03 Mavs & they are putrid defending the perimeter. Not good at all.

AIRJ23 09-08-2022 08:57 AM

Like bro. I’m literally driving with Jordan every play and dunking. I have 20 points in the first quarter against the current Bucks. These are the standard 3 or 5 minute quarters the game comes with on default. I’m using the modern Bulls just with MJ traded onto the team. I’m winning the game. Defenders are just frozen when I start turbo spamming. I go right by them and if they get in the way, I just go through them. It’s insane. I haven’t tried with a regular player but a slasher with elite badges like MJ gets to the hole like as easy as 2K21 or worse.

Not trying to be negative. I love the game and what they did otherwise. But this defense is super easy for slashers.

Won’t harp on it anymore on the standard sliders. I’m gonna boost on ball defense and up the body up sensitivity and see if that fixes it. Only issue is, is IF it does, will that make it too hard to score with average players? I’m concerned that the gap between elite slashers and average players is way to big.

When I first played in 2K22 on all star sliders I was getting destroyed. So far this reminds me of 2K21 defense. The AI is I’m sure much better, but I get by defenders so fast I can’t even appreciate that yet.

EDIT: Offensive rebounds seem O/P again too. I noticed an early video had Rodman grab like 5 straight offensive boards. I thought it seemed odd but I figured hey, it’s Rodman. I just had #3 on the current Bulls grab 4 straight offensive rebounds on fadeaway misses by Jordan. I’ve never gotten 4 straight offensive rebounds on 2K22. Again, this is on HoF.

My only real complaint with MJ is how slow his fadeaway is. Like an early video states. It LOOKS beautiful and is his real sig (finally we got his real sig back), but man is the animation slow. Maybe I’m just too used to 2K22 and this speed is more realistic? I dunno, but it seems slower than real life.

ksuttonjr76 09-08-2022 08:58 AM

I know we say this every year, but there is DEFINITELY a difference in how the game plays from a control standpoint. Night and day difference. Slower...not as herky jerky as 2K22. I can honestly say the control has a "love at first sight" feeling.

Gosens6 09-08-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2050651302)
I know we say this every year, but there is DEFINITELY a difference in how the game plays from a control standpoint. Night and far difference. Slower...not as herky jerky as 2K22. I can honestly say the control has a "love at first sight" feeling.

First thing I noticed in the videos. Movement is much better. A lot less sliding and jerky movements

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports