Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Am i crazy or the CPU cant shoot the ball anymore? (/forums/showthread.php?t=1002225)

cloakingturtle 09-27-2022 06:17 PM

Am i crazy or the CPU cant shoot the ball anymore?

I've noticed this for a week or so now it seems the CPU cant shoot the damn ball anymore. Open or not they miss every shot. First week the Cpu offense was just rolling and shooting step backs and off the pick 3s and scoring at a normal rate and i was getting scored on for 120-130pts. I actually had to gameplan on defense. Now it just seems like they miss every midrange or 3pt its at the point where im intentionally letting them shoot wide open in the hope that they will make some so my season stats are not too bad(Opponent 3% is down to 27% now).

This was on All star, im now testing Superstar and its the same. I know alot of you are saying the gameplay hasnt changed but something definitely did on my end..

simbayless 09-27-2022 06:23 PM

Re: Am i crazy or the CPU cant shoot the ball anymore?

Try Hof and be prepared to be Barbecue Chicken lol

Champy123 09-27-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simbayless (Post 2050666258)
Try Hof and be prepared to be Barbecue Chicken lol

100% this. I always start on HOF difficulty every year and this year’s transition was quite difficult

cloakingturtle 09-27-2022 06:49 PM

I just tried a game where im backing off on purpose every possession to see if the Pg will take the shot, CPU will wait 3-4 seconds of doing nothing then miss the 3pt shot. They will kill me in the paint though.

Havent tried hall of fame and i wont bother with it because i cant time my shot to perfection. Its super frustrating because on launch week All star played perfectly fine. Why do they keep breaking their game??

cloakingturtle 09-27-2022 06:53 PM

Update: took 12 possessions of me leaving them wide open to actually hit a shot lol

ggsimmonds 09-28-2022 06:12 AM

Nothing has changed for me.

Its probably something you did. A slider change with an unintended consequence maybe. Or you have just gotten better on offense and its highlighting the AI's offensive struggles when before you didn't notice it

cloakingturtle 09-28-2022 09:52 AM

Im on default sliders. I did try hall of fame quickly before i shut it off and the CPU played more like they did at launch on all star reacting quickly and hitting their open shots. I guess hall of fame is the way to go now but then i cant score lol. I wish all star CPU played like it did on day 1. When it launched i was sweating playing on defense. Now im intentionally not playing defense by pulling everyone under the basket and they still miss everything its strange.

cloakingturtle 09-28-2022 10:00 AM

I think ive read somewhere from 2k(maybe mike wang) on twitter that the post hook contest wasnt working right and got fixed. Maybe this is what i'm experiencing, CPU cant get hot because it doesn't hit those easy hooks in the paint anymore... If no one else is experiencing this it has to be in my head lol. Anyway ill just try getting better at shooting on hall of fame :)