Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Assistant Coaches (/forums/showthread.php?t=1002249)

DatsunDimer 09-28-2022 05:10 PM

Assistant Coaches

Did I miss them fixing the assistant coaches being hired away? I could have sworn that you could previously just rock with your fully equipped OC & DC because the logic was messed up. Simmed to the offseason and both of my coordinators have taken HC jobs.

Just was curious if I have been mistaken this whole time or if something had actually changed recently. Thanks!

Momoney168 09-28-2022 05:19 PM

Re: Assistant Coaches

That would be new. I saw after the last patch that OC/DCs could get hired as HC. But I haven’t seen them being poached.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

CM Hooe 09-28-2022 07:29 PM

Count me also as curious if this is now happening. It definitely was not happening as recently as last week.

Momoney168 09-28-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2050666905)
Count me also as curious if this is now happening. It definitely was not happening as recently as last week.

That would be part of the fix for the offline glitch if it’s tied to running out of coaches. They need a self generating pool of coaches through the years.

timhere1970 09-28-2022 10:10 PM

I had the same coordinators for the first 8 years of my franchise and then they suddenly started getting hired away most years. I think it may have to do with coaches retiring finally forcing other teams to not just rotate the current coaches.

Richie71 09-29-2022 01:51 AM

My assistant coaches have at least left my team. I don’t record their names, and the changes screen only shows who hired to, not from. So I can’t be sure they were hired rather than retired, but they went.
It’s so easy to rack up coaching points, you can just hire a coach with no skills and immediately fill their skills tree.

DatsunDimer 09-30-2022 07:48 AM

Just wanted to add that I simmed a few more seasons and wrote down the assistant coach names this time. After year two, my fully upgraded OC left for the HC job in Jacksonville.

SportsGamer89 09-30-2022 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsunDimer (Post 2050667666)
Just wanted to add that I simmed a few more seasons and wrote down the assistant coach names this time. After year two, my fully upgraded OC left for the HC job in Jacksonville.

So offline franchises are working without any glitches?