Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Drafting Offensive Linemen (/forums/showthread.php?t=1002306)

Mackrel829 09-30-2022 01:57 PM

Drafting Offensive Linemen

There's an O-Lineman I have been interested in for the upcoming draft. I was anticipating taking him with my late 1st round pick, expecting him to be good value there. However, I've just got him to 100%, and his true talent is round 2-3, which surprised me.

Physically, everything is either good-great or great-elite, and basically all of his attributes are a B. What's the highest overall I can realistically expect him to be? 72? Are there many linemen with hidden dev in the generated classes this year?

Basically does he sound like he's worth taking at the end of the first or should I look elsewhere? He was just mocked to the Jags at like 25, who should be picking before me so I might even have to trade up for him.

timhere1970 09-30-2022 03:03 PM

Re: Drafting Offensive Linemen

Drafting linemen is pretty easy. The true talent represents his current overall so he may or may not be worth it. I have often noticed when getting linemen to 100 percent they mostly come out to be a round later. That is mostly because they rarely come in with an overall above 75. The overall in this case seems to be lower because of his awareness if I had to guess. If he has c awareness, pass, if it is b he will eventually be good but will take some time to be great. I draft a lot of linemen in the third round that are just as good. If he is good to elite in everything, I assume he is an agile type. If he has elite strength that is a big plus. His age also has to be considered. If he is 23, pass.

Mackrel829 09-30-2022 03:48 PM

Awareness was a B. Everything was B except injury and stamina (not sure how much difference these make). Then I think Run Block Finesse was A and Run Block Power was C. Something like that. And yes he is currently Agile archetype.

I can't remember his age off the top of my head. There's a couple of other decent looking linemen in the draft so I may take him if he drops for me and take someone else if he doesn't.

Appreciate the input!

timhere1970 09-30-2022 08:49 PM

If you specifically want agile linemen he looks pretty good. You got to watch out when looking at linemen physicals though as agile linemen will always look better because they have to have better measurables to be agile. If you are not running a specific agile line, strength is way more important than everything else.

BoomFranchise 09-30-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackrel829 (Post 2050667847)
There's an O-Lineman I have been interested in for the upcoming draft. I was anticipating taking him with my late 1st round pick, expecting him to be good value there. However, I've just got him to 100%, and his true talent is round 2-3, which surprised me.

Physically, everything is either good-great or great-elite, and basically all of his attributes are a B. What's the highest overall I can realistically expect him to be? 72? Are there many linemen with hidden dev in the generated classes this year?

Basically does he sound like he's worth taking at the end of the first or should I look elsewhere? He was just mocked to the Jags at like 25, who should be picking before me so I might even have to trade up for him.

check out my thread and feel free to ask any questions:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...thread-14.html

Based on experience, you can constantly find Oline in rounds 3+ that are 73-74 rated with star development which imo is a better bargain.

Physical ratings are fine, but no the "B" ratings are 100% not worth a first rounder. My method basically cuts out any players that don't have AT LEASTS 1 "A" rating at important attributes, making the odds of getting star or better players much better.

Ignore the mock draft selections, the other CPU GM's are clueless about draft selection, though one we get down to later rounds they get smarter for some reason.

--

"Awareness was a B. Everything was B except injury and stamina (not sure how much difference these make). Then I think Run Block Finesse was A and Run Block Power was C. Something like that. And yes he is currently Agile archetype."

I read this and he seems like an awful pick to me. B's are NOT GOOD ENOUGH when the only true draftable players especially in early rounds need A's. Sometimes I'll take a player with B ratings in general IF their athletic combine skills are fantastic and it's past the 4th round or so.

Sometimes the draft class for that year just has bad OLine guys, don't just reach because of that. In other drafts there could be 4 Center's with star rating, 1 with superstar all in rounds 2 or later.

any other questions please ask, or in my thread

Mackrel829 10-01-2022 12:26 PM

Appreciate the advice guys!

I'm actually building a power line rather than agile. Seems like he'd be a bad first pick for me so I'll probably end up passing on him.

There's a handful of players in rounds 2 and 3 that I have my eye on so I might just trade back instead. I'll probably post about those guys at some point in your thread BoomFranchise.

BoomFranchise 10-01-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackrel829 (Post 2050668289)
Appreciate the advice guys!

I'm actually building a power line rather than agile. Seems like he'd be a bad first pick for me so I'll probably end up passing on him.

There's a handful of players in rounds 2 and 3 that I have my eye on so I might just trade back instead. I'll probably post about those guys at some point in your thread BoomFranchise.

Sounds good! Let me know their ratings and I'll do my best to help

Main thing esp. with power O-Line (But also in general) is ELITE strength if you want start or better Dev players

fballturkey 10-01-2022 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoomFranchise (Post 2050668074)
check out my thread and feel free to ask any questions:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...thread-14.html

Based on experience, you can constantly find Oline in rounds 3+ that are 73-74 rated with star development which imo is a better bargain.

Physical ratings are fine, but no the "B" ratings are 100% not worth a first rounder. My method basically cuts out any players that don't have AT LEASTS 1 "A" rating at important attributes, making the odds of getting star or better players much better.

Ignore the mock draft selections, the other CPU GM's are clueless about draft selection, though one we get down to later rounds they get smarter for some reason.

--

"Awareness was a B. Everything was B except injury and stamina (not sure how much difference these make). Then I think Run Block Finesse was A and Run Block Power was C. Something like that. And yes he is currently Agile archetype."

I read this and he seems like an awful pick to me. B's are NOT GOOD ENOUGH when the only true draftable players especially in early rounds need A's. Sometimes I'll take a player with B ratings in general IF their athletic combine skills are fantastic and it's past the 4th round or so.

Sometimes the draft class for that year just has bad OLine guys, don't just reach because of that. In other drafts there could be 4 Center's with star rating, 1 with superstar all in rounds 2 or later.

any other questions please ask, or in my thread

FWIW I would listen to this guy. I've been following his draft advice and it's frustrating passing up on guys that I otherwise think look good but after the draft I check them and it was almost always the right call.