Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   Assigning uniform numbers (/forums/showthread.php?t=1003840)

tsbraves 10-13-2022 09:42 PM

Assigning uniform numbers

I’m confused…
In trying to apply proper uniform numbers to players (see Hawks as an example below) I’m unable to use certain numbers even though they’re not assigned to another player on the roster.
Just for clarification here is my example for the Hawks: Frank Kaminski is #8 but Justin Holiday has that number. Justin is in real life is #9. So, I figured I’d go change Justin to #9 freeing up #8 for Kaminsky. However, when i go to change Jalen’s # to 9, it is unavailable as is #’s 6 & 7 which are also not assigned to anyone. Is there some setting I’m missing to make these numbers available? Does it have anything at all to do with G-League #’s?
Thanks for any help… first time working with rosters in NBA2k.

spike83 10-13-2022 10:02 PM

Re: Assigning uniform numbers

The game takes retired numbers out of circulation. Number 9 is retired by the Hawks for Bob Pettit while number 6 was retired across the NBA this year for Bill Russell.

You just need to know the trick to get around this...

tsbraves 10-13-2022 10:56 PM

Do you happen to know said “trick” perhaps? I’m looking at the current roster and #9 is def listed as Justin Holiday’s at least on nba.com.

PhlliesPhan6 10-14-2022 08:50 AM

I'm not sure how accurate nba.com jersey numbers are right now. A few weeks ago the Sixers had 3 people wearing #8 on their roster.

MJWizards 10-14-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsbraves (Post 2050676493)
Do you happen to know said “trick” perhaps? I’m looking at the current roster and #9 is def listed as Justin Holiday’s at least on nba.com.

Rename the player with the name of the retired legend, change the number and then change the name again.

tsbraves 10-14-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJWizards (Post 2050676790)
Rename the player with the name of the retired legend, change the number and then change the name again.

Thanks! Spamming the system… love it!

tsbraves 10-14-2022 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6 (Post 2050676781)
I'm not sure how accurate nba.com jersey numbers are right now. A few weeks ago the Sixers had 3 people wearing #8 on their roster.

Good point! Thx! I do think it is wise before I make too many adjustments to wait until the Opening Day rosters. It may seem simple for me to think that 2K will provide opening day rosters the day before the season starts but for other sports games, like MLBtheShow, they have a particular day of the week they do their updates. I’m new at this so am wondering when 2K updates their rosters, especially in regards to opening day?

PhlliesPhan6 10-14-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsbraves (Post 2050676854)
Good point! Thx! I do think it is wise before I make too many adjustments to wait until the Opening Day rosters. It may seem simple for me to think that 2K will provide opening day rosters the day before the season starts but for other sports games, like MLBtheShow, they have a particular day of the week they do their updates. I’m new at this so am wondering when 2K updates their rosters, especially in regards to opening day?

I'm actually not sure. 2k22 was my first 2K and I bought it well into last season so this will be the first time I've had the game around opening day. My plan is just to wait for the Attention to Detail Roster to be released.