Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AFC Wild Card Round Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=1009509)

ProfessaPackMan 01-08-2023 11:54 PM

AFC Wild Card Round Discussion Thread

(1)Kansas City Chiefs - Bye

(2)Buffalo Bills vs. (7)Miami Dolphins - Jan. 15, 1:05pm on CBS

(3)Cincinnati Bengals vs. (6)Baltimore Ravens - Jan. 15, 8:15pm on NBC

(4)Jacksonville Jaguars vs. (5)LA Chargers - Jan. 14, 8:15pm on NBC

IlluminatusUIUC 01-09-2023 12:41 AM

Re: AFC Wild Card Round Discussion Thread

Miami with Tua and without are wildly different experiences. This is not the matchup I'd have preferred. Still, we come in pretty hot.

cima 01-09-2023 09:05 AM

Revenge tour kicks off with our first-ever meeting against Baltimore in the playoffs.

I dunno why but I fully expect Lamar to play.

IlluminatusUIUC 01-09-2023 03:06 PM

The Miami @ Buffalo line opens at -11, which is a clear sign that Vegas thinks Tua is out. If you think he's coming back, that's a great bet with a lot of backdoor cover potential.

slickdtc 01-10-2023 01:07 PM

Bills should handle the Dolphins, but which Miami team are we getting? They’ve got home run hitters and I’m still concerned about our defensive depth. It can take just one play. I don’t want this to be a one score game in to the 4th quarter.

Happy to be the 1pm game on Sunday.

IlluminatusUIUC 01-11-2023 11:55 AM

Supposedly Lamar is not on track to play this weekend, and I've heard some folks on podcasts saying he shouldn't rush it back while he's still in a contract fight.

Where do people land on that? I can see how he might not wanna risk further injury or a bad game in the middle of his negotiations. But doesn't missing a playoff game kinda validate the concerns that he wouldn't hold up long term? Tough choice.

slickdtc 01-11-2023 12:38 PM

LJ has gotten hurt a bit but I don’t see him as injury prone, but taking hits as a runner does add up too. I don’t think he’s healthy enough to go this week and it sounds like he and the team may want to push it. Very delicate situation. I don’t want another RG3 situation. I think LJ has shown how truly valuable he is. Maybe not for a 10-15 year window, but for the short to mid term, hell yeah he’s worth the money. Not sure what kind of deal he’s going for.

Kramer5150 01-11-2023 01:41 PM

Tua ruled out in their game with Buffalo

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dolphin...165058213.html