Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Official Team Threads (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=101620)

Sully 11-04-2004 08:27 AM

Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread

They looked good last night. They never gave up, although they were down big in the third quarter.

There's just something about this team that has me excited. I couldn't stand to watch them last year, and was the first one complaining that AI had to go.

This year's team is exciting to watch. Iguodala is going to be one helluva player, he can do it all. Kyle Korver and Willie Green, last year's picks, came off the bench to score 12 and 11 respectively.

Korver is a gunner, he ignited the comeback. Marc Jackson showed us why Obie chose him to start over Dalembert, and Kenny Thomas is a sure double-double.

We have to be the favorites in the "weak" Atlantic.

devilsjaw 11-04-2004 08:52 AM

Re: Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Jim O'Brien will make a big difference.

Sully 11-04-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilsjaw
Jim O'Brien will make a big difference.

I wanted Obie, however, I wasn't too happy when he wanted AI to stay.

He wanted the chance to coach AI, and things seem to be coming along nicely so far.
I'm not judging this team after just one game, they looked very impressive in the preseason as well.

Muzyk23 11-04-2004 09:37 AM

that's nice, very nice

Bbucsfan 11-04-2004 12:54 PM

Philly fan here in jax....glad they got the win last night. I really see good things from philly this year. Sully, you are right about iguodala...he was a great pick..... he may also be the reason philly can trade Big Dog for maybe another swingman or SG.

Sully 11-04-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbucsfan
Philly fan here in jax....glad they got the win last night. I really see good things from philly this year. Sully, you are right about iguodala...he was a great pick..... he may also be the reason philly can trade Big Dog for maybe another swingman or SG.

Dealing Big Dog won't be too easy. We'll have to take on some absurdly bad contract or contracts to get rid of him. It's a case of finding the right player or players to compliment the ones we already have.

I like your thinking, another quality SG or swingman would fit nicely.

Vince 11-04-2004 01:10 PM

Korver will be a great player...He's was outstanding at Creighton and played good minutes last season..I realy like him...

And I agree Big Fraud needs to be traded...You guys won't get much for him though,he's garbage and doesn't want anything to do with playing defense.

3rdAnswer 11-04-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
Korver will be a great player...He's was outstanding at Creighton and played good minutes last season..I realy like him...

And I agree Big Fraud needs to be traded...You guys won't get much for him though,he's garbage and doesn't want anything to do with playing defense.

I don't like Big Dog Glen Rob at all. He's one of my least favorite players in the league.

Now..Kyle Korver is my boy. I get excited everytime he gets on the floor.