Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone know of a non-currupt maxdrive rosters? (/forums/showthread.php?t=107780)

roster19 12-28-2004 03:02 AM

Anyone know of a non-currupt maxdrive rosters?

I checked out a lot of the rosters, and they're all currupt! My action replay won't import em or read em. I would just like to have a max drive roster update that works. (They don't have to be terribly new either)
thx

rudyjuly2 12-28-2004 02:25 PM

Re: Anyone know of a non-currupt maxdrive rosters?

1 Attachment(s)
Let me know if this doesn't work. This is for the PS2.

roster19 12-29-2004 12:37 AM

Thx budds,
I'll check if it works right away.

roster19 12-30-2004 04:09 AM

I'm not sure if it worked, cause I wasn't able to figure out how to load the roster save. I assumed that the tranfer to the memory card would automatically allow me to load the rosters. But I am fairly new to the concept of game save and action replay.
Can someone explain to me how to use the roster save w/t action replay?
thx

rudyjuly2 12-30-2004 05:49 AM

I guess I should have read your post more carefully. What system do you have - XBox? Max drive rosters won't work with the action replay. For the PS2, you have sharkport (.sps), x-port (.xps) and max drive (.max) files. For the XBox, you have action replay (.zip).

To use the action replay files on XBox, don't unzip them! They are meant to stay together. Use your AR interface or even Windows explorer to drag the downloaded roster file to your AR which copies it to your memory card. You then take your memory card to your XBox and probably have to transfer the file to the hard drive (before loading your game). After the roster has been transferred, put your game in and load the file.

Read your manuals or go online for extra help but you have to use the roster file associated with your device and system. They are not compatible otherwise. Hope that helps.

roster19 12-30-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I guess I should have read your post more carefully. What system do you have - XBox? Max drive rosters won't work with the action replay. For the PS2, you have sharkport (.sps), x-port (.xps) and max drive (.max) files. For the XBox, you have action replay (.zip).

To use the action replay files on XBox, don't unzip them! They are meant to stay together. Use your AR interface or even Windows explorer to drag the downloaded roster file to your AR which copies it to your memory card. You then take your memory card to your XBox and probably have to transfer the file to the hard drive (before loading your game). After the roster has been transferred, put your game in and load the file.

Read your manuals or go online for extra help but you have to use the roster file associated with your device and system. They are not compatible otherwise. Hope that helps.

I have max drive for PS2, sorry I didn't clarify that. Do you have any experience with the PS2 max drive save system or do you know any useful sites?
thx

rudyjuly2 12-31-2004 12:58 AM

I just got the max drive for Christmas from my wife. :) When you download the rosters, unzip the file to get the .max extension. Copy this file to your max drive by using the interface or simply file explorer and copy to the f: drive.

When you plug the max drive into your PS2 and run the disc, you have to uncrush and copy it to your memory card. Most .max files are crushed (zipped) and you have to uncrush it onto your memory card. I'm still learning myself.

roster19 12-31-2004 03:24 AM

Uncrushing is the key? Now you're making some sense! Thx rudy