Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Who uses the Ravens 3-4 defense? (/forums/showthread.php?t=107786)

BigDofBA 12-28-2004 04:20 AM

Who uses the Ravens 3-4 defense?

What are some of your favorite plays out of it?

Afroman4ever 12-28-2004 07:44 AM

Re: Who uses the Ravens 3-4 defense?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDofBA
What are some of your favorite plays out of it?

Robber, 2 man and anything that blitzes the two OLB's but I primarily like the 2-Man and Robber

wwharton 01-01-2005 05:30 PM

all of em. man cover 2 with inside LB blitzing, cover 2 hard with either boulware or suggs blitzing from outside, 4 cloud, 3 man deep, etc, etc, etc. with the LBs they have, that's the set i use with them far more than anything else, even on some obvious passing downs.

Awak 01-11-2005 04:29 PM

My favorite run-stop play out of the Ravens' 3-4 is to call the one where the 2 OLB blitz from the outside (name escaping me right now) with a fan D-line call. When coming up to the line, i bring my D-line together in the middle. So I have the outside and the inside gaps covered, while still having 4 DB on the field (as opposed to Bear coverage). I generally control an ILB (either one), the Safety in zone, or Gregg in the middle on the D-line.

On obvious passing downs, I play Nickel or Dime, mostly man, mixing up which LB I send at the QB. I usually substitute Suggs in at one of the DE spots and use either Thomas or Boulware as my OLB. Suggs is rated pretty high as a DE, too (it WAS his college position).