Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Should I buy this game even if I have Madden? (/forums/showthread.php?t=109461)

Vyce3 01-12-2005 11:51 PM

Should I buy this game even if I have Madden?

I mean I have played 4 season of Madden and I think I got my football dose for a year but.... since ESPN NFL 2k5 may be the last, should I buy this game to have it in my collection in case the future Madden games suck?

mercalnd 01-13-2005 12:15 AM

Re: Should I buy this game even if I have Madden?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyce3
I mean I have played 4 season of Madden and I think I got my football dose for a year but.... since ESPN NFL 2k5 may be the last, should I buy this game to have it in my collection in case the future Madden games suck?

With its price being what it is (you can get it for around 10 bucks on Ebay these days) you could try it and resell if you don't like it. It would hardly cost you more than a rental. It's a great game at a great price. I still prefer Madden but you should definitely try ESPN. Some people love it so much they swear they'll never play Madden again.

SaltyChip 01-13-2005 12:55 AM

don't buy it because it's the last... but buy it because it's a damn good game for it's price. Actually, not even price but because it's better than madden in many ways.

I am in my 3rd year of my madden franchise and i garuntee that i have played madden more than espn... but espn is the better realistic game. So ESPN was fun for a good time... but Madden was just more enjoyable in the longrun.

Buy ESPN and have a fun few months.

ODogg 01-13-2005 08:43 AM

Buy it definitely. I prefer Madden but own and play both. It's like saying "I have a pizza here at my house, should I buy some hot wings?" It's not necessarily about which is better, it's both are good and if you can have both, YOU SHOULD!!!!!!!!!

Vyce3 01-13-2005 11:05 AM

Alright, thanks for your advice all!

baa7 01-13-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg
I prefer Madden but own and play both. It's like saying "I have a pizza here at my house, should I buy some hot wings?"

More like “I’ve got Olive Oyl here in my house. Should I invite Liv Tyler and Heather Graham as well?”

ODogg 01-14-2005 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baa7
More like “I’ve got Olive Oyl here in my house. Should I invite Liv Tyler and Heather Graham as well?”

haha well that may be your opinion, some guys may see Olive Oyl as more beautiful than Liv Tyler or Heather Graham. it's all subjective really. In regards to the 2 games though I think it's a bit more realistic to say Liv Tyler or Heather Graham without the Olive Oyl reference. Although again i'm sure there are guys who would find either unattractive for whatever reason.

baa7 01-14-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg
haha well that may be your opinion, some guys may see Olive Oyl as more beautiful than Liv Tyler or Heather Graham. it's all subjective really. In regards to the 2 games though I think it's a bit more realistic to say Liv Tyler or Heather Graham without the Olive Oyl reference.

Madden looks like Olive Oyl in comparisin to 2K5's Heather Graham. I honestly don't know anyone can play Madden, it's so horrible to look at. And it's not just that it looks so bad. It's knowing EA had no intention of making a decent looking game, and had every intention of cutting corners and saving money and by using their tired old graphics engine – which they’ll undoubtedly use for 06 as well. I don't know how people can support that ripoff corporate mentality of EA's by purchasing their products.