Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters? (/forums/showthread.php?t=109491)

DGetz 01-13-2005 11:06 AM

Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters?

Like I'm sure many people I'm bugged we can't trade kickers and punters. I was just curious, does anyone know exactly why they made the game like this?

crackerjack 01-13-2005 11:36 AM

Re: Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGetz
Like I'm sure many people I'm bugged we can't trade kickers and punters. I was just curious, does anyone know exactly why they made the game like this?

I havent tried trading kickers or punters, but unless you're trying to trade for another kicker or punter, the CPU makes you have at least one on the roster. Try signing another kicker or punter and then try trading and see what happens.

kdawg325 01-13-2005 03:59 PM

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. For some reason Madden doesn't allow trading of K & P.

billmatic 01-13-2005 05:50 PM

i dont think its that big a deal, since it never happens in real life anyway

TheSchwartz 01-14-2005 08:27 AM

They could always "let" you trade Kickers and Punters. And then make the CPU trade logic to never accept any trade for a K or P. But what would be the point when they could just not let you do it.

When's the last time you heard of a kicker or punter being traded for anything at all?

StillFunkyB 01-14-2005 07:13 PM

It's because Kickers and Punters are not allowed to be traded in the NFL.

TheSchwartz 01-14-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
It's because Kickers and Punters are not allowed to be traded in the NFL.

Yeah, so where'd you hear that one?

Cause wherever you did, it/they was wroooooong.

The NFL doesn't treat those positions any differently than other positions. It's just in real life if a team has a good kicker they don't want to trade him and if they have some dude that's a kicker every other team has quite a few dudes they can pull off the street who will be just as good.

StillFunkyB 01-14-2005 08:58 PM

I had thought I had read somewhere that it wasn't allowed, and it made sense with Madden not allowing it in the game.

I don't quite follow your logic on being able to pull guys off the street just as good.