Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Let's Pretend ESPN Never Existed... (/forums/showthread.php?t=117923)

humpdump66 03-10-2005 10:53 PM

Let's Pretend ESPN Never Existed...

Let's pretend ESPN never existed........

Why are Madden fans in DENIAL? The graphics are years behind most other sports games except NCAA Football. The gameplay has not improved much. There are tons of glitches online. The list goes on! Yes, Madden is a very good football game. But it has gotten stale. People like it, because it DOESN'T change! You can do the same ole' stuff with new rosters and a few new MODES in franchise. Online play is a joke! If you are not getting sacked every play, someone is blocking your punt every play.

I dare a Madden fan to admit that EA makes a very flawed game compared to other sports games. It is a travesty they never built a game for the XBOX , especially since EA has all the $$$$

1fortheroad 03-10-2005 11:40 PM

Re: Let's Pretend ESPN Never Existed...

I have a better idea. Lets pretend you never posted this thread. With that in mind, I'm going to hi jack.

So is there something in the reciver ratings, that allow them to tip toe the sideline. Or is it just random, or does it matter where the ball is thrown. I have had many a time, where the reciver had room, but did not tap his toes. On other occasions, they have made incredble catches in the back of the end zone, falling out of bounds.

ODogg 03-11-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
I have a better idea. Lets pretend you never posted this thread. With that in mind, I'm going to hi jack.

So is there something in the reciver ratings, that allow them to tip toe the sideline. Or is it just random, or does it matter where the ball is thrown. I have had many a time, where the reciver had room, but did not tap his toes. On other occasions, they have made incredble catches in the back of the end zone, falling out of bounds.

this is the kind of trolling that I believe violates TOS...mods?

1fortheroad 03-11-2005 08:01 AM

That answered neither question. So you would be the bridge and tunnel troll.

Chaos81 03-11-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg
this is the kind of trolling that I believe violates TOS...mods?

And a post like yours doesn't, or the first post, or the second post, or the post above mine, or hell, my post for that matter. Get the point?

humpdump66, I'm a huge EA and Madden fan, I'll admit it's flawed. Okay, now what? You dared me, I did the dare. So do I win? :zzz:

Jistic 03-11-2005 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humpdump66
Let's pretend ESPN never existed........

Why are Madden fans in DENIAL? The graphics are years behind most other sports games except NCAA Football. The gameplay has not improved much. There are tons of glitches online. The list goes on! Yes, Madden is a very good football game. But it has gotten stale. People like it, because it DOESN'T change! You can do the same ole' stuff with new rosters and a few new MODES in franchise. Online play is a joke! If you are not getting sacked every play, someone is blocking your punt every play.

I dare a Madden fan to admit that EA makes a very flawed game compared to other sports games. It is a travesty they never built a game for the XBOX , especially since EA has all the $$$$

Let's pretend this isn't you....

ODogg 03-11-2005 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos81
And a post like yours doesn't, or the first post, or the second post, or the post above mine, or hell, my post for that matter. Get the point?

No I don't get your point. Trolling around here has gotten particularly bad since EA made their NFL deal. This kind of crap posted here is just that, a post designed to illicit angry reactions with no constructive insight or purpose other than to inflame sentiment and create flame wars.

So no, my post nor the 2nd, although antagonistical I guess one could say toward the original post, were not unique, uncalled for posts designed to illicit that response. I seriously doubt the community here would consider my post an outrage against sensibilities. And even if they did it has a purpose and that purpose is not designed to cause flaming but to inquire with the mods if the TOS had been broken and to act appropriately.

grunt 03-11-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg
No I don't get your point. Trolling around here has gotten particularly bad since EA made their NFL deal. This kind of crap posted here is just that, a post designed to illicit angry reactions with no constructive insight or purpose other than to inflame sentiment and create flame wars.

So no, my post nor the 2nd, although antagonistical I guess one could say toward the original post, were not unique, uncalled for posts designed to illicit that response. I seriously doubt the community here would consider my post an outrage against sensibilities. And even if they did it has a purpose and that purpose is not designed to cause flaming but to inquire with the mods if the TOS had been broken and to act appropriately.

Its all good. Hump ask a question and you could have ignored the question or answered it. Its all love. I hope next year the game is better.