Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find (/forums/showthread.php?t=118945)

8bit 03-16-2005 05:18 PM

First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

.......And it sucks

Found this on maddenmania.com-

Visit our friends VG for the whole article:

"Hey guys,

We had to sign a pretty strict NDA agreeement before we were allowed to see anything. At this point, we won't be able to release any specifics before the middle of April.

With that being said, I will say that we saw some really cool new features for NCAA 2006 that you guys are really going to like. As far as the gameplay goes, I can say that it just felt right. Unlike last year's game which I believe didn't have that special something

Told u it sucks. O well at least its something. On maddenmania.com it says click on the link for the full article but when u do its nowhere to be found, o well. If anyone can find the entire article, id appreciate a linkup

koolbubbaice 03-16-2005 05:26 PM

Re: First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8bit
.......And it sucks

Found this on maddenmania.com-

Visit our friends VG for the whole article:

"Hey guys,

We had to sign a pretty strict NDA agreeement before we were allowed to see anything. At this point, we won't be able to release any specifics before the middle of April.

With that being said, I will say that we saw some really cool new features for NCAA 2006 that you guys are really going to like. As far as the gameplay goes, I can say that it just felt right. Unlike last year's game which I believe didn't have that special something

Told u it sucks. O well at least its something. On maddenmania.com it says click on the link for the full article but when u do its nowhere to be found, o well. If anyone can find the entire article, id appreciate a linkup

Read that last night.. What is EA afraid of? They already own everything.. Again, If the gameplay & AI isn't fixed I wont be buying the game.. Like many of you, I was disappointed with EA's 05 effort.. I loved NCAA 04 & thought it was better then Madden/ESPN 04..

ODogg 03-16-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Read that last night.. What is EA afraid of? They already own everything.. Again, If the gameplay & AI isn't fixed I wont be buying the game.. Like many of you, I was disappointed with EA's 05 effort.. I loved NCAA 04 & thought it was better then Madden/ESPN 04..

Nah, EA are not afraid of anything, they just know by revealing alot early it will not be as good for sales as springing everything at the last minute and getting ppl worked up. Now I know 05 has it's flaws but having said that, for you ppl who love 04 and hate 05, I don't get it, I guess it will take people awhile to get used to these games actually having a defense instead of all offensive shootouts like 04 for both Madden and NCAA.

Brandwin 03-16-2005 07:54 PM

Come ODogg..I loved NCAA since I was a young teen..but last year it had problems. For me it was more of the computer QB;s going 6-24 and throwing for 240 yards a game. The 240 doesnt bother me..its the low % of completions from the computers QB every game. It just didnt seem as polished as years before. It did some things better and some worse if you ask me. Going to my favorite sport games the last 3 years to not.

koolbubbaice 03-16-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg
Nah, EA are not afraid of anything, they just know by revealing alot early it will not be as good for sales as springing everything at the last minute and getting ppl worked up. Now I know 05 has it's flaws but having said that, for you ppl who love 04 and hate 05, I don't get it, I guess it will take people awhile to get used to these games actually having a defense instead of all offensive shootouts like 04 for both Madden and NCAA.

I love better AI, but not when its cheap.. I wasn't that good in 04, so there goes your shoot out theory.. I prefer 17-10 games over 40-30 games by the way. Some ppl won't admit that 05 was a step back from 04. EA just got lazy.. Instead of making the AI D better they make it so your QB can't complete crap & have WR drop easy passes. Same goes for the offensive AI. My opponent barly completes 30% of his passes, & most of his completions are for 25 yards plus.. So I get stats like 10-30 175-200 yards.. Even with the slider maxed as difficulty maxed.. 05 is broken..

jmood88 03-16-2005 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg

Maybe if you keep saying that that's the reason why people didn't like 05 it'll come true. Then again, it probably won't.

8bit 03-16-2005 08:59 PM

Yeah looking back at 04' i got ALL kinds of games, from shootouts to defensive struggles, to last game winners by kick returns, to overtime shootouts that last until me or the computer made a bad move, man i loved 04'. I must have played over 5 seasons on it. Then i got 05(xbox version i consider broken) turned off my widescreen option and though there was less lag, it was still there. I pulled myself through 6 games as the terrapins with the same problems everyone else said(although a hailmary to steve suter is money) and finally returned it for the ps2 version which for some reason looks so bad and shakey on my big *** tv, i felt like vomiting. I pushed myself through 4 games as the razorbacks using what were considered the best sliders, i think it was jistics(one game the opposing qb completed 3 passes the entire game on 7 minut quarters!!!!) and just gave up. I am utterly amazed anyone who has played the ncaa series before(discounting the idiot reviewers who gave ncaa 05' great scores) could ever like this game. Now back to the topic, im sure in the next 3 days well have the tiburon visiters say all the clich'ed things without giving us any new info(new animations, smoother gameplay, blah blah blah), but bottom line, come july, if i pop that game in, and its anything like 05, than mother **** EA!

BTW I have fond memories of first coming on to OS 2 years ago and watching the E3 video of ncaa 04. I think steve or someone was playing as virginia tech vs virginia. I didnt know who u guys were but nothing was greater than watching the movies of an awesome game and hearing ur guys funny *** comments. "Yeah Michael Crawford!"

Nati 03-16-2005 09:03 PM

Every year, it's the same crap. People expect news way too early. Last year, we didn't receive any info till mid-April. We never get info this early.